How to Free up Disk Space and Speed up Slow PC?

This forum is committed to providing computer tips and tricks.

How to Free up Disk Space and Speed up Slow PC?

Postby Ivy » 2013-05-24 2:56

Experience slow computer performance? Want to speed up your slow PC? Today, we will go to discuss the topic about defrag hard drives to free up disk space for fluent computer performance. Please read more.

As computer performance may slow down with the increase of disk fragmentation, which is a kind of fragmented file that are stored, saved or allocated on different parts of space instead of contiguous space. A hard drive tends to get fragmented files over times, as you deleted old files but Windows uses those scattered free areas to write only parts of new files. It slows down your computer performance because it has to look in many different places to find a file.

Furthermore, when you surf online, your web browser goes to save temporary Internet files that may also fill your disk space to slow down your computer performance. Besides that, Windows also save Windows temporary files, such as error reports automatically and old Windows component for recovery. Actually, you never use those file and never need them and you can also choose to clean up the useless log to free up disk space.

Disk defragging is necessary to rearranges the data on your hard disk and reunite fragmented files, clean junk files, remove temporary Internet files, remove Windows temporary files and Windows components that you don't use, so that you will get enough disk space to store, save and allocate file in an unit that your computer can run more efficiently.

Need tool to free up disk space and speed up your slow PC? We highly recommend you take the quick, compact and easy-to-use disk defragment tool, Anvi Ultimate Defrag to speed up your computer performance by analyzing fragmented file, cleaning system junks, repairing disk bad area and defragging hard drives.

How to free up disk space and speed up slow PC using Anvi Ultimate Defrag?

Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a fast and easy-to-use utility for Windows computers. It is designed to help you to wipe off file fragmentation and optimize your hard drives for maximum performance.

Anvi Ultimate Defrag is compatible with most current software, it can be used on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 to free up disk space and speed up slow PC performance.

Advantage of Anvi Ultimate Defrag:

• Clean up junk files and empty the Recycle Bin before defragment.

• Run and defrag computer hard drive disk at Windows startup.

• Defrag and optimize hard drive disk for better performance.

• Defrag multiple drives at one time.

• Defrag removable drives such as mobile disk and USB removal drive.

Anvi Ultimate Defrag Quick Start Guide:

1. Download Anvi Ultimate Defrag by clicking on button below:

After the download complete, please double click on the audsetup.exe to start install it.

2. In the homepage of the program, please select Disk drives that you need to defrag, and select options to start operation.

aud1.jpg

3. After you click on the Start button, Anv Ultimate Defrag will go to repair, clean, defrag and optimize the selected disks. After the operation complete, it will show you the detail information and you can learn what files have been cleaned, defragged, and optimized.

aud2.jpg

Important Note: You are not recommended to defrag your Solid-State drive because defragging a solid state disk will not improve SSD drive space but reduce its life span.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Free up Disk Space and Speed up Slow PC?

Postby thomasvandyke » 2014-02-19 1:47

The above is really awesome. Its really helpful for me because I am looking for same kind of PC cleaner as they provide. Its look like other PC cleaner like Optimo Pro, C Cleaner, JetClean , etc that already good in same. ;) :)
Thank You
thomasvandyke

Postby shopysave14 » 2014-11-24 5:46

Hi guys,Really more useful to us.Now my laptop get speed using this software.I need food antivirus for my laptop.Please any one send the full version of complete anti virus setup.I am waiting for the reply.Thanks Advance :D
shopysave14

Postby Frances » 2014-11-25 4:08

shopysave14 wrote:Hi guys,Really more useful to us.Now my laptop get speed using this software.I need food antivirus for my laptop.Please any one send the full version of complete anti virus setup.I am waiting for the reply.Thanks Advance :D

Hi, welcome to Anvisoft Forums.

We are really appreciated for you support about Anvisoft.

You can try Anvisoft Smart Defender. Here is a direct download link:

http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/

Please feel free to contact us if you have any problem about Anvi Smart Defender.
Frances
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Postby Elliottoi » 2014-12-21 10:10

I would , incidentally, signed to the RSS- channel forums.anvisoft.com
Elliottoi

Postby hildegardgruener » 2015-03-19 8:33

Windows includes a built-in tool that deletes temporary files and other unimportant data. To access it, right-click one of your hard drives in the Computer window and select Properties.
Click the Disk Cleanup button in the disk properties window.
Select the types of files you want to delete and click OK. This includes temporary files, log files, files in your recycle bin, and other unimportant files.
After you do, you can click the More Options button and use the Clean up button under System Restore and Shadow Copies to delete system restore data. This button deletes all but the most recent restore point, so ensure your computer is working properly before using it – you won’t be able to use older system restore points.
hildegardgruener

Postby Ivy » 2015-03-22 20:46

hildegardgruener wrote:Windows includes a built-in tool that deletes temporary files and other unimportant data. To access it, right-click one of your hard drives in the Computer window and select Properties.
Click the Disk Cleanup button in the disk properties window.
Select the types of files you want to delete and click OK. This includes temporary files, log files, files in your recycle bin, and other unimportant files.
After you do, you can click the More Options button and use the Clean up button under System Restore and Shadow Copies to delete system restore data. This button deletes all but the most recent restore point, so ensure your computer is working properly before using it – you won’t be able to use older system restore points.

:mrgreen: Correct, Thanks for sharing.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby roshedwardd » 2015-03-23 3:44

Many PC manufacturers pack new computers with programs you didn't order and might not want. These often include trial editions and limited-edition versions of programs that software companies hope you'll try, find useful, and then pay to upgrade to full versions or newer versions. If you decide you don't want them, keeping the software on your computer might slow it down by using precious memory, disk space, and processing power.

It's a good idea to uninstall all the programs you don't plan to use. This should include both manufacturer-installed software and software you installed yourself but don't want any more—especially utility programs designed to help manage and tune your computer's hardware and software. Utility programs such as virus scanners, disk cleaners, and backup tools often run automatically at startup, quietly chugging along in the background where you can't see them. Many people have no idea they're even running.
roshedwardd

Return to PC Tips & Tricks

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Replica Audemars Pigueteavessellpatr0
How to Delete Cookies in Internet Explorer?Ivy11282
How to Delete Computer Cookies?Ivy13734
2014 Moncler :ocwilsonminhm0
System Restore: How to Use it?Ivy6194