Tips to Fix "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" Error in Google Chrome

This forum is committed to providing computer tips and tricks.

Tips to Fix "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" Error in Google Chrome

Postby Ivy » 2014-11-24 22:08

I get error message reads "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" and I can’t open the web page by using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. How can I manage to solve the issue? Help, please.

Unable-to-connect-to-the-proxy-server-fix.png

Unable to connect to the proxy server

Hide details
A proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your computer and other servers. Right now, your system is configured to use a proxy, but Google Chrome can’t connect to it.
If you use a proxy server…
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don’t believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings… > Change proxy settings… > LAN Settings and deselect “Use a proxy server for your LAN”.
Error code: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

Why the error message "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" appears?

"Unable to Connect to the proxy server" Error message appear on the web browser for a variety of reasons. In most case, the error message "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" appears due to the presence of the malware infection. When a malware or adware settles on your computer, it changes yours browser settings that disallow you visit websites expects the malware official site, such as the conduit malware program.

While, you will still get the "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" error on your web browser even after you kill or remove the malware or adware infection. Thus, you need urgent help on this issue. Following guide will help you solve the problem.

How to Fix "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" Error in Google Chrome?

Step 1, Open Google Chrome and click on the three horizontal lines icon and go to Settings.

chrome settings.jpg

Step 2, Scroll down to the bottom of the webpage, and click on "Show Advanced Settings".

show advanced settings.png

Step 3, Find Network, and click on the "Change proxy Settings" option.

Network settings.png

Step 4, You will be prompted to Internet Properties Window, in the Connections tab click the LAN settings button.In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings page, under the Proxy server section, please remove the check mark from Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) and click OK. Click OK on the remaining window to completely fix Unable to connect to the proxy server on Google Chrome.

change lan settings.jpg

That’s all. Thanks for your reading. Should you have any problem, please leave a reply below.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: Tips to Fix "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" Error in Google Chrome

Postby christianaao » 2015-01-31 6:04

Hello. I've beeen having this problem for 3 days now, where I can't get onto any website online at all, even the malware websites. Before I uninstalled all the malware on my computer, I used to get the message: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. But after uninstalling them, I've been getting this message.
I've tried looking up online a way to resolve this and every website says that either: 1. I get a computer firewall/cleaner that really works (but I can't since I can't use the Internet on my computer at all, 2. I contact the network administrator, (but I think that is me, and I still don't know how to fix the problem), or 3. (and most popular) I go to settings on Google Chrome and under advanced settings I should go to 'change proxy settings' and untick all the boxes. However, everytime I try to do so and click 'OK', nothing happens, and then when I look at the settings again, they're back to the way they originally were, with the boxes ticked. Our computer isn't wireless, we connect the computer to our router using the yellow wire.
This is a real problem because I'm in college and need the computer for my school work, plus it is our only computer and at the moment, my only way of getting onto the Internet at all is through my phone, and I'm not really a genius with computers. Please help me find a solution to this as soon as possible. Thanks.
christianaao

Re: Tips to Fix "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" Error in Google Chrome

Postby Ivy » 2015-02-01 20:45

Hi Chris,

Your problem was caused by the virus infection and the internet setting was changed by the virus files. Before you go to repair the Internet, please make sure
to kill the virus infection file. If the virus is still on your computer, your settings will be always altered.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to PC Tips & Tricks

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Delete Internet History from Computer?Autumn10074
Tips to Fix "Unable to Connect to the proxy server" Error in Google ChromeIvy39634
How to Clean Out Temporary Internet Files?Autumn3367
How to Delete Tracking Cookies?Autumn2450
Tips to Protect Your Privacy Online --Tips and TricksIvy4277