ASD crashes while scanning

Please post any problems or comments related to Anvisoft program Anvi Smart Defender in this forum.

ASD crashes while scanning

Postby Gunhawk » 2014-10-13 11:36

ASD crashes when I'm scanning my PC. It crashes with all types of scans. I updated ASD to 2.3 because I had 2.2, and it still crashed... Even though it says that this problem was fixed in RC2, but I still have it. I re-installed it, rebooted the PC, updated ASD, I did everything I can do to fix it, and still crashes
Gunhawk

Re: ASD crashes while scanning

Postby Frances » 2014-10-13 20:47

Gunhawk wrote:ASD crashes when I'm scanning my PC. It crashes with all types of scans. I updated ASD to 2.3 because I had 2.2, and it still crashed... Even though it says that this problem was fixed in RC2, but I still have it. I re-installed it, rebooted the PC, updated ASD, I did everything I can do to fix it, and still crashes

Hi Gunhawk,

Sincerely apologize for the inconveniences.

When you scan your PC with ASD, it crashed or stucked? Could you please send me a screenshot of your situation? And what type of computer system you are using? Please give me more information.

Thanks for your feedback anyway.
Frances
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Postby Gunhawk » 2014-10-15 10:48

It crashes when the scan reaches 30%, and I am using windows 8.1. Here is a screenshot.

Gunhawk

Postby Frances » 2014-10-15 23:03

Hi, Gunhawk, thanks for your patience.

From the screenshot you given, ASD got stucked when scanning this ApplePhotoStreams.exe file. ApplePhotoStreams.exe is a executable file published by App Inc. and it may causes few problems on your Windows OS.

Usually ApplePhotoStreams.exe will locate in this path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\ApplePhotoStrams.exe

Now please try the troubleshooting method below to fix the ASD crash problem.

Option 1 Uninstall ApplePhotoStrams program and delete its related files from your computer
Option 2 Open ASD, on the main screen go to Quarantine>Whitelist>Add, find the ApplePhotoStrams.exe related file and add it to the whitelist.

ASD Whitelist.jpg

Now you can check ASD scanning results.

By the way, some of the ASD users encountered the slow scan speed problem on Windows 8.1. That is because the default scan engine of ASD are local engine and cloud engine. So if you find the ASD scan speed is too slow, please go to Settings>Scan>, check the Local engine only.

ASD settings.jpg

Thanks for your support about Anvisoft.
Frances
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Postby Gunhawk » 2014-10-19 17:18

It still crashes. I've removed iCloud, which solved the issue for ApplePhotoStreams.exe, but the issue still exists. I tried adding RGSCLauncher.exe to the whitelist, it didn't work. Now, I'm afraid that if I remove it, the problem will happen again, which will cause me to remove another program. Here's a screenshot of the error occurring again with RGSCLauncher.exe
Screenshot (3).png
Gunhawk

Postby Frances » 2014-10-21 20:20

Hi, Gunhawk

Sorry for the delay replay.

I have submitted your problem to our D&R department. It is believed that this kind of bug will be fixed in the next version.

I will keep you informed once it finished.

Best Regards,
Frances
Anvisoft Support Team
Frances
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Postby Gunhawk » 2015-04-29 23:10

Is this problem solved yet? I recently installed the latest version, and ASD still crashes
Gunhawk

Return to Anvi Smart Defender Support

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How Do I Move Anvi Smart Defender To New PCFred Wooley2295
Furniture For Sale Warringtonkiyurama0
Kitchen Fitters In Londonshiteruu0
Don't hesitate! Decide to buy this T-shirt now and your strong characteristic will be claimed!Domingowophy0
cell jammerLangmo0