Another Fake Chrome Browser Link

This forum is committed to providing information about latest computer threats, such as spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Another Fake Chrome Browser Link

Postby unclestein » 2013-07-07 2:25

Hi,

I'm just making people aware of another fake "Chrome Browser" link which appeared on my browser today whilst I was browsing the news site "pakalertpress.com" (see screenshot attachment).

Not only does the laughable grammar give the game away (there's no "Google " logo either) but it locks the navigation controls of the current browser and requires an "Alt+F4" or "Ctrl+Alt+Del" intervention to close the page on which it has appeared. I presume this is to persuade the unwary user to click either the "OK" or "X" button and initiate some kind of malware script.

If anyone has any useful information on this please share and reply to this thread.

Thanx
Attachments
bug.jpg
unclestein

Re: Another Fake Chrome Browser Link

Postby Ivy » 2013-07-08 3:28

Thanks a lot for the information.

Obviously, this is a fake message. It is from treateda.info instead of the official website. Furthermore, the typing and grammar error remind us that we should never trust information like this.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Kevinmoffat » 2013-11-30 4:33

It's really an harmful for the pc as the fake browser carried many threats to browser.
Kevinmoffat

Postby thaversantosh » 2014-07-11 23:15

Most of the time user unaware this type of threat , they can not understand what happened and click on the same window . User have need to always install the good quality antivirus .
thaversantosh

Return to Latest Computer Threats

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Jimmy Choo Outlet, Jimmy Choo Shoes Outlet, Jimmy Choo Sapatos de casamento Sapatos de salto para baratoaardinasnicks0
Breguet horloges, goedkope Breguet horloges, kopen Breguet horloges, Breguet horloges te koopedarmellino0
Windows Anytime Upgrade Trojan or Microsoft Windows Ukash VirusIvy2679
Fake Google Chrome Updates Invite Malware onto Your ComputerSophia10437
Moncler Mens : Cheap Moncler Outlet Online Store, moncler.raiderranchlubbock.comlragelollie0