Phone Call Scam ( Microsoft Phone Scam TeamViewer)-Be aware

This forum is committed to providing information about latest computer threats, such as spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Re: Phone Call Scam ( Microsoft Phone Scam TeamViewer)-Be aware

Postby allenmessi » 2014-08-11 0:32

If Microsoft wants to provide remote access solution to its users, it would definitely announce it much in advance. My request to all users is: Don't fall prey to hackers and scams. Protect your computers from unauthorized remote access by deploying on premise HUB remote support servers at your location. It provides better security as compared to hosted services.
allenmessi

Postby stephen4212@gmail.com » 2014-09-15 12:04

Well, I just got a call from what I assume is the same Indian fellow. I asked him what OS I was using and he was baffled. Then I asked him if he had installed the TeamViewer software on his personal computer, to which he had no answer then replied he did not have a computer. I then told him I went to the TeamViewer website, when I actually had not, and he asked me to allow access for him. No chance. At that point, I asked him why he was calling a Mac user to update Windows software, at which point the call was disconnected. Anyway, thought I'd add my experience with this scammer. Too bad people can't get jobs where they add something to society. Unless their bosses are telling them they are adding to the good of society. Don't know. Anyway, I spent 7 minutes of his time.
stephen4212@gmail.com

Postby lexie » 2014-09-16 22:34

I'm not very good with computer stuff so I choose not to deal with these callers. I got calls about my computer before but I just say NO and hung up. Putting up with them never makes sense.
lexie

Postby lexie » 2014-09-16 22:37

I also report the calls to Callercenter.com to warn others. While most of us may be aware already, there may be a few who are not yet so it really helps when we do our part in spreading the info.
lexie

Previous

Return to Latest Computer Threats

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Rakshasa- About Hardware Based on Backdoor AttacksSophia3005
Moncler 2014 Nueva : Profesional Moncler Abajo chaqueta Outlet Store, moncler-outlet.bizreslerbuff0
Fake Antivirus Program Windows Security System Removal GuideAutumn3191
Windows Anytime Upgrade Trojan or Microsoft Windows Ukash VirusIvy2801
Warning!Offensive Facebook email leads to Blackhole malware attackvita3434