Fake Google Chrome Updates Invite Malware onto Your Computer

This forum is committed to providing information about latest computer threats, such as spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Fake Google Chrome Updates Invite Malware onto Your Computer

Postby Sophia » 2012-10-25 1:10

Beware when you see unexpected warning allegedly coming from Google Chrome browser. Recently we found a special Trojan horse that activates in distribution of a special malware program. But this distribution has nothing to do with Google corporation or its products, actually. The purpose of this article is to make our users cautious and well prepared for the fake warnings supposedly associated with the need to update Google Chrome browser. Chances are that this is the malware that is going to attack your system. Stay on the alert! Neither let hackers trick you, nor give any chance to devastate your system by cyber attacks.

The fake warning of update Google Chrome browser looks like this:

fake_google_chrome_update.jpg

Stay safe with Good Chrome, which is a fast and powerful web browser without question. Here we suggest you use this tool to add a security layer online. Meanwhile, hackers may use the good name of Google in their attempts to mislead the users for evil purposes. Bear in mind never follow the tricky instructions of malware authors and fall into the trap.

Hence, if you are using Google Chrome application on your PC, ensure you update it via the built-in options of this software that are legitimate and don’t even look similar to the fake updates as seen the above. By the way, it is known that Google Chrome automatically updates whenever it detects that a new version of the browser is available, in order to make sure you are protected by the latest security updates. The update process takes place in the background and doesn’t require any action on your part, in fact.

Finally, to scan your PC for any potential malware infection, we recommend you to estimate the preferences of Anvi Smart Defender by clicking the download link below. If any question , feel free to get in touch and Anvisoft team is at your service.

Malware scanner: Anvi Smart Defender ( Direct Download Link)

Good luck and be safe online.
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: Fake Google Chrome Updates Invite Malware onto Your Computer

Postby AaronDeffy » 2012-10-27 6:46

Yeah you are absolutely right we must aware about it.
AaronDeffy

Postby vita » 2012-10-28 21:51

Fake program updates is the main way which is taken by cyber criminals to spread Trojans, virus and worms, such as fake Google Chrome updates, fake adobe flash player updates and many other famous programs. We must pay attention and check whether the update alert is from the official website.
vita
Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Postby Harybald » 2015-03-05 5:34

I am so sorry I do not approve of the statement of IVY. I am using this gadget in my desktop more than 3 months. I am sure there is no problem. I feel cool to use most of it features. It is made for Windows 7 or Upgrade version. Just search in search engine. gboxapp It may not work with old version of windows than Windows 7
NAT
Harybald

Postby hildegardgruener » 2015-03-11 5:17

There is a method to manually uninstall the google updates from computers. I am suggesting it right here just in case it come into use.
1. Go to start menu<control panel
2.Click on uninstall a program
3.Search down in the list of installed programs for google update and double click on it to uninstall the same.
hildegardgruener

Return to Latest Computer Threats

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
New Ransomware threat-Your PC has been blocked Virus(Another FBI moneypak virus)Sophia15737
Replica Omega watches, Olympic Collectionreslerbuff0
Wedding dressesantanahank0
IRMA Virus-Information Resources Management Association (BSA) Ransomware-Be Aware!Sophia29276
watchesturethann0