How to recover data from RAW drive?

Here post some PC problems on hardware, networking, software and system. Please do not post any question about malware.

How to recover data from RAW drive?

Postby Gill1187 » 2013-11-28 2:48

I have a Seagate backup drive that has stored a great amount of my important data. However, yesterday, as I used it on my computer, suddenly, an error message popped pout and asked me to format it before using. And I tried to open it in My Computer and still got the same error. So, I immediately checked its “Properties”. Everything showed normally as before, except that its file system was changed into “RAW”. That seemed to be the issue. Do you have any way for me to fix the “RAW” problem? Is it still possible for me to get back all my backed up data? I really need your help, please!
Gill1187

Re: How to recover data from RAW drive?

Postby Ivy » 2013-11-28 4:31

Hi and welcome to Anvisoft forum.

I found this in Google and hope it help you fix your problem.

Users are unfamiliar with Raw hard drive, and how could we identify whether disks are Raw hard drive? It' s easy. Enter My Computer, then double-click listed partition with left mouse button. In case incorrect information like Windows prompts can' t access and load x: ... file or directory appears suggesting the disk has become RAW partition. Meanwhile, check the partition and examine its properties, you may see previous FAT or NTFS partition has become RAW partition and all properties such as partition size or available space can not display normally. Users are strongly recommended to employ MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover disk data when above-mentioned situation emerges.

For detail information, please check http://www.powerdatarecovery.com/free-file-recovery-software/how-to-recover-data-from-raw-hard-drive.html
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby shayanjameel08 » 2013-12-02 0:53

Download MiniTool Power Data Recovery at MiniTool Power Data Recovery Download Center for free To recover data from RAW hard drive, firstly install MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
shayanjameel08

Postby Griffith164 » 2013-12-04 21:32

Honestly, your problem is strangely similar to mine. A couple of weeks ago, my external hard drive also asked me to format it after clicking it in My Computer. And it was also displayed as “RAW” in Disk Management, not the previous “NTFS”.

So, in order to firstly get back the inner stored the videos, I searched a lot over the internet and also got many external drive data recovery freeware that could help me out, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Therefore, I tried them one by one. The first one has accomplished its scanning in seconds. But, the scanning result is not so satisfying. The second one is really simple to install and use. But, its functions are also limited. The third one, the best one of three, has finally restored 90% of original data. Most differently, it has offered different dour data recovery modes for me to choose. It is really worth trying.

I hope my experiences can help you.
Griffith164

Postby Santa Merina » 2013-12-18 14:36

Hi,

Its so easy. Just connect your RAW drive with a pc that has working windows operating system and download a powerful tool like Remo Recover Pro. Follow the onscreen instruction provided in it within a due course of time all your data from RAW drive will be restored. One important thing is do not shred or defragment the RAW drive then the data recovery positivity is highly negligible.
Santa Merina

Postby Ba00sil11 » 2014-01-07 4:26

The RAW drive problem is really common in computing and often can be fixed by formatting. But, in your case, since you have stored a great number of important data there, you are supposed to do one more thing before the formatting process: restore all your data back with a third party data recovery program.

So, firstly take chances with some data recovery freeware like iCare Data Recovery Free, 4Card Recovery and Recuva, etc.

Note:
Do not save any new file on this RAW drive in case that your stored data is overwritten.
Do not save the restored data on the same drive in case of data recovery failure.
Do not forget to back up all important data on separate drives in case of similar data recovery problems.
Ba00sil11

Postby Lucy Armitage » 2014-09-24 4:16

If you are talking about a Windows Data Recovery Tool, then I would also want to share my personal experience with such an excellent Data Recover Tool named as Recover Data Tools for Windows Data Recovery Software. With this proficient software, you can immediately repair and recover badly damaged or deleted data within one clicks.
Lucy Armitage

Return to PC Problems Help

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
My computer has a virusAmy2923
snap.do on my computer, help with firefox problem,brande7760
Timberland - Herenlecklarr0
How do i get rid of the king of cheap games toolbar?Shinniy3280
How to Choose the Best Local Computer Repair Servicespetey3707