All my files and data were hidden. Please help me guys

Here post some PC problems on hardware, networking, software and system. Please do not post any question about malware.

All my files and data were hidden. Please help me guys

Postby jenyclark58 » 2013-04-19 5:52

Hello guys, when I was working on my system, Suddenly all saved files were hidden. I checked the hard disk drive but nothing found. When I search in the start menu some documents was there. I tried to copy and paste again in the documents it says it is doubled. Please tell me what should I do?
jenyclark58

Re: All my files and data were hidden. Please help me guys

Postby martinkaren77 » 2013-04-19 6:56

First of all search out the hidden files. Go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Show Hidden files, folders, drives. And also scroll down to uncheck Hide protected system files. If you do not found anything then there may me some probability of having viruses in your system.
martinkaren77

Postby AmyLewis » 2013-04-20 6:57

You must search these hidden files with File Names
Click on Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files, folders, drives
Then Right Click on those files and go to properties and uncheck the checked box named Hidden
And if you want to copy these files then copy it somewhere else in other folder
AmyLewis

Postby Ivy » 2013-04-21 20:42

Please try following steps to show your hidden file:

1. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

2. Click the View tab.

3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby mariamenounous » 2013-04-25 6:19

jenyclark58 wrote:Hello guys, when I was working on my system, Suddenly all saved files were hidden. I checked the hard disk drive but nothing found. When I search in the start menu some documents was there. I tried to copy and paste again in the documents it says it is doubled. Please tell me what should I do?

Hello jenyclark58... Since your files are hidden, I guess this has been due to virus

1. Plug in ur thumb drive into the USB port.

2. Just after the computer detects the flash drive, open My Computer (or u can simply press “Windows + E” keys together) and identify the drive letter for the flash drive. In this example the drive letter for the flash drive is ‘E’. You might be able to see some or all the files and/or folders are transparent (this is actually the hidden files/folders). In case of u didn’t see any files, no need to worry because it is due to the explorer setting which restrict the user from viewing the hidden files. You might be able to see it later once the process is complete.

3. Next, click on windows START button then click ‘RUN’ and u’ll get a run window like the image displayed below. Type ‘cmd’ in the textbox given then press ‘OK’ button.

4. Inside the new window (this is actually MS-DOS prompt), type the drive letter for the flash drive followed by colon ‘:’. In this example our drive letter for the flash drive is ‘E’. Therefore, type ‘e:’ then press ‘enter’ key. Next, type “attrib –s –h *.* /S /D”. Wait until u see ‘E:\>’ prompt again just after the command we have type before. (Please be patient since the process of recovering hidden files might take few moments depends on the number of files/folders in the flash drive.)

5. Once the process completed, open My Computer again and Whoalaa!! :O the hidden files will appear in ur flash drive again.. :) Have a try.. :D

All the best!!
mariamenounous

Postby danieladdison » 2013-04-27 2:14

Your system is infected by virus those hide your all data. so my simple advice is that scan your system and try to remove infected files. Else you are not able to remove infected file call your " Antivirus Services" team for solving your problem.
danieladdison

Postby shaneHudson12 » 2013-06-18 7:29

Hi Jenifer
i hope this solution of mine might help. this in among one of the technique to see hidden files.
Open Folder Options and Under it go to Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
shaneHudson12

Postby shayanjameel08 » 2013-12-04 6:31

When windows has start up, go and click "start", click "run" and type msconfig then press enter. Now go to the "start up" tab, and see what is running on start up. If there is suspicious programs on start up makes sure to find them first by looking at "command" bar and delete them and uncheck them.
shayanjameel08

Postby maya112 » 2014-12-04 0:55

Your system is infected by virus those hide your all data. so my simple advice is that scan your system and try to remove infected files. Else you are not able to remove infected file call your " Antivirus Services" team for solving your problem.
maya
maya112

Return to PC Problems Help

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Moncler Jassen Vrouwenamaxl0
Is my PC infected from virus??ashleysimpson0524122
gboxapp installing problemhanifbfr2479
Help please, I am still worrying about my iPod!harris092734
How to put a password on a folder?brain34033