jenyclark58 wrote:Hello guys, when I was working on my system, Suddenly all saved files were hidden. I checked the hard disk drive but nothing found. When I search in the start menu some documents was there. I tried to copy and paste again in the documents it says it is doubled. Please tell me what should I do?
Hello jenyclark58... Since your files are hidden, I guess this has been due to virus
1. Plug in ur thumb drive into the USB port.
2. Just after the computer detects the flash drive, open My Computer (or u can simply press “Windows + E” keys together) and identify the drive letter for the flash drive. In this example the drive letter for the flash drive is ‘E’. You might be able to see some or all the files and/or folders are transparent (this is actually the hidden files/folders). In case of u didn’t see any files, no need to worry because it is due to the explorer setting which restrict the user from viewing the hidden files. You might be able to see it later once the process is complete.
3. Next, click on windows START button then click ‘RUN’ and u’ll get a run window like the image displayed below. Type ‘cmd’ in the textbox given then press ‘OK’ button.
4. Inside the new window (this is actually MS-DOS prompt), type the drive letter for the flash drive followed by colon ‘:’. In this example our drive letter for the flash drive is ‘E’. Therefore, type ‘e:’ then press ‘enter’ key. Next, type “attrib –s –h *.* /S /D”. Wait until u see ‘E:\>’ prompt again just after the command we have type before. (Please be patient since the process of recovering hidden files might take few moments depends on the number of files/folders in the flash drive.)
5. Once the process completed, open My Computer again and Whoalaa!! :O the hidden files will appear in ur flash drive again..
Have a try..
All the best!!