Do you have any idea for me to rescue external hard drive files?

Here post some PC problems on hardware, networking, software and system. Please do not post any question about malware.

Do you have any idea for me to rescue external hard drive files?

Postby Gladys674 » 2014-05-29 21:17

I have a Seagate external hard drive that is especially used to connect some wonderful films. However, recently, when seeing some films inside this drive on my computer, my brother just mistakenly formatted it and all my previous films were lost. But, I had gathered these films for a really long time. Some of them even cannot be easily found again now. Do I have chances to get them back directly from this external hard drive? Please, help me!
Gladys674

Re: Do you have any idea for me to rescue external hard drive files?

Postby Colin4642 » 2014-05-30 2:09

1). Stop using this external hard drive in case that anything else will overwrite your files inside.
2). Connect external hard drive to computer and use a data recovery tool to rescue all your wanted data back. There are many similar data recovery tools online that can help you, like Recuva, iCare Data Recovery Free, TestDisk and more. Just search one over the internet.
3). Save and back up restored files on another drive in case of farther data loss.
Never try to format an external hard drive without data backups again.
Colin4642

Postby Gail567 » 2014-06-02 20:54

You should never forget to back up all your important hard drive data well. But, now, I hope you have not overwrite this formatted external hard drive yet, since anything new on the same hard drive could overwrite your original files and let them gone forever.
Just connect it to your computer and search for data recovery software to rescue all your needed files back.
As to the data recovery knowledge, you can reads this article to help you out:
freeware-fix.blogspot.com/2013/02/format-recovery.html
Next time, I hope you can never forget to back up your important data well.
Gail567

Postby Ford762 » 2014-06-03 20:34

You should never format an external hard drive without data backups again in the future.
But, now, in my experiences, before all stored data is completely lost or gone, you need to rescue them all back with data recovery software. There are many similar tools online.
Here is a video tutorial that can teach you to restore your data step by step:
youtube.com/watch?v=_WPcrHgIPPY
It may help you a lot.
I hope my words can help you somehow.
Ford762

Postby Bonny982 » 2014-06-04 20:39

Yeah, you do have chances to get back your films. They are still stored on this formatted external hard drive.
So, what you should do right now is to make them accessible again. Just connect this drive to your computer and use data recovery software to help you:
4cardrecovery.com/format-recovery.html
No matter which tool you prefer to use, never write new files on this formatted drive in case of permanent data loss.
In the future, also make data backups all the times.
Bonny982

Postby angel234 » 2014-06-17 1:15

To restore files from external hard drive use files recovery software. You can easily use it to recover files. Data recovery tool can recover data from formatted or corrupt drive. Check some data recovery tool here http://www.recoverdeletedfiles.org/
angel234

Postby alexpeter211 » 2014-06-20 19:38

Thanks for sharing information about other products. However, here is an excellent solution Remo Recover tool to rescue external hard drive files securely.
alexpeter211

Postby anthonyohare2014@gmail.com » 2014-07-03 0:37

Totally loved the piece of article on the ways precaution can be taken for smooth External Hard Drive Recovery of data in case of sudden loss due to any system failure.

http://www.birmingham-data-recovery.co.uk/
anthonyohare2014@gmail.com

Postby Amethysto0 » 2014-08-27 22:22

I am sorry to hear that your external hard drive is mistakenly formatted. But, in fact, one of my favorite friends has ever successfully rescued his hard drive data back with some data recovery software after accidental format. So, I think it may also give you some helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0RJQoReesc
After copying all needed card stuffs back, just back them up on a different devices.
Amethysto0

Postby Amethysto0 » 2014-08-27 22:23

I am sorry to hear that your external hard drive is mistakenly formatted. But, in fact, one of my favorite friends has ever successfully rescued his hard drive data back with some data recovery software after accidental format. So, I think it may also give you some helps:
youtube.com/watch?v=T0RJQoReesc
After copying all needed card stuffs back, just back them up on a different devices.
Amethysto0

Return to PC Problems Help

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Need a upgraded Graphic Card Helpkienthucnet12695
Will a Virus/Spyware Program block upcoming virus?candy2532
"Threat has been detected."nickiiyo24002652
Please Help medanieladdison2846
Need Your Support, Blue Screen Probsatfast2680