Dino - ASD Test Review

Any test report on Anvi Smart Defender can be posted here.

Dino - ASD Test Review

Postby dinodsja » 2012-03-12 4:28

I know, its too late.. because i found this beta test contest only two days before. and i tested the rc2 version...

Rating
---------

GUI : 9/10

Speed & Memmory Usage : 8/10

Virus Detection : 6/10

Overall : 7/10

Bugs
--------

-> ASD not detecting any virus if the program terminated and start again. untill the computer restarts. (sometimes)

-> ASD not even detecting on EICAR antivirus test file, maybe on above situation.

-> If skin folder is deleted or renamed, the whole program crashed. better to keep the skin files in a single encrypted file.

-> i simply renamed the background file or if any skin file missing then that part of the program goes wrong. for a product standard avoid this kind of skin files access.

-> the database file is readable and editable. it needs to be encrypted.

-> i check with many virus files and ASD detects only some of them. *

-> ASD not detecting virus inside compressed files (rar)

Suggestions
------------------

-> too many individual core files, that a cracker can easily access. avoid it.

-> ui colour theme option.

-> web protection system ( allowing and blocking website by category )

-> need usb autorun disabling & virus detection

-> need a firewall system monitoring network activities

-> scan memory at start up to detect unwanted programs

-> scanning file size limit (user can set the scanning file size and file type, eg : user set 300mb. then scanning skips files larger than user defined size and file types. )

-> in home screen , a small notificaion about last scan.

-> show warning if a program is not digitally signed by trusted software vendors

-> a optional background scanning system other than real time scanning, the program will preform the full system scan without using too much memmory.. to perform when watching movies, etc..

-> introduce a new system to detect social network scams and virus. (eg: an alert to user that the webpage contains a scam. or something like that.)

-> drag and drop file scanning

-> for program security , check wheather any core files missing or modified on program start up.

-> on privacy clean add support to other browsers. option to clean complete internet activity of all browsers in one click.

-> check the system rapidly for optimization. and alert the user that the system needs a optimization, also auto optimization.

-> current system statistics graph

-> a sleep mode, and option to switch automatically to sleep mode when larger programs like games, video rendring.. etc..

-> check hard disk and ram for errors and optimize.

-> option to remove/edit start up programs, (from both registry & startup folder)

-> a windows side widget for ASD

* I have a windows virus collection rar file. it contains around 40 virus programs. contact me if ASD wants it for testing. i cant attach it here..

hope this helps ASD to improve. and i looking forward for a prize if this helps ASD. :)

By

Dino Babu
Edited by rats web site and email info removed
All New Tech World : http://www.technew.in
dinodsja

Re: Dino - ASD Test Review

Postby Rats » 2012-03-12 6:10

Thank you for your Suggestions

drag and drop file scanning dose work if you turn off User Account Control ,

need a firewall system monitoring network activities Thanks but no, ASD is a Anti malware not a anti virus suite
and is meant to work with your current security not as a stand alone product.

Your Suggestions have been passed on to the development team
Rats
Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Return to Anvi Smart Defender Beta Test

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Часы Rolex репликиjaczjuan0
Christian Louboutin Rabatt: ChristianLouboutin-Sale.comlragelollie0
Kjøp Replica Klokker Online, Klassiske Rolex kopi klokker for salg, AAA Omega Seamaster Klokker til salgsreslerbuff0
Goedkoop Tiffany en Co Jewelry Outlet, Tiffanys en Co Salereslerbuff0
copia orologi Hublot di vendita, orologi Hublot di alta qualitàreslerbuff0