sandbox?

Here you can send your comments (advantages & disadvantages) and suggestions. We can discuss and improve this site and our products.

Re: sandbox?

Postby nesivos » 2012-03-26 16:44

I still vote no.

I don't like sandboxing anything. I have tried several different programs that sandbox from Sandboxie to avast!, Chrome and IE10 on Metro. I don't like any of them. Sandboxes are overkill and remove all kinds of flexibility from the user. They are probably helpful from a security perspective for the the low level computer user but if your knowledge of computers is average or better they are overkill and a pain in the butt. The thing is that most kids today do not grow up being computer illiterate unless they live in a really poor undeveloped country. So I see no real overall advantage to any sand box program because what minor security upgrade they may give most computer users does not compensate for their restrictions during your browsing experience.

For example today I was messing around with W8 IE10 on Metro. I was able to download a couple of files but afterwards search as I may I couldn't find them once I went back to the desktop. First W8-CP Metro scanned the file and allowed it to be saved and then the file is nowhere to be found outside of the Metro sandbox. Ugh

The difference between not using a sandbox and using one is like the difference between using an open source Browser like Firefox and closed source ones like IE and Chrome. You can make your surfing experience tons more enjoyable and safe when you use Firefox along with their addons (Extensions). Yes Chrome claims they are open source but their lack of add-ons that would make the surfing experience safer and more enjoyable says otherwise.
nesivos

Postby Ivy » 2012-03-26 22:04

"simple and effictive" that what anvisoft aim to provide.
:mrgreen:
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Kevinmoffat » 2013-11-27 6:55

Sandbox is very helpful in android it helps to store all the data.
Kevinmoffat

Great to get you!!

Postby CynthiaaMl » 2015-10-15 21:57

HI I Very glad to acceess this Sited
CynthiaaMl

Great to see you!!

Postby CynthiaaMl » 2015-10-15 22:15

HI I Very glad to Join this Sited
CynthiaaMl

Previous

Return to Comments & Suggestions

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
New Product Suggestions and FeaturesMattPerkins5416
rc 2 version is error freesabasnet3587
otshot removalJeffrey Cook16578
Tiffany & Co Gorgeous Love Heart Lock Charm Bracelet [7ecb] - $68.00 : Professional tiffany outlet stores, tiffanyandring.topreslerbuff0
Soil erosion threatens land of 100m Chinese, survey findsWilliamAngef0