License; Open Source
Operating Systems: Windows/ Mac/Linux
Size: Windows Version 42.7MB exe
Home Page: http://assault.cubers.net/
Download Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/actiongame/files/AssaultCube%20Version%184.108.40.206/AssaultCube_v220.127.116.11.exe/download
AssaultCube is a FREE, multiplayer, first-person shooter game, based on the CUBE engine.
Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun!
With efficient bandwidth usage, it's low-latency and can even run over a 56Kbps connection.
It's tiny too, weighing in at a lightweight 40 MB package available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
On the correct settings, it can even run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
* Source code is available under a zlib-like open source license.
* Low latency, it can even run across a 56Kbps connection!
* Lightweight size, only 40MB to download, plus additional maps average 20KB each!
* With the correct settings, it can run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
* Officially runs on most major systems, and maybe even some non-major ones?
* Has a built in, in-game map editor to help players create their own maps and allows forco-operative editmode in realtime with others!
* Features a single-player bot system.
* Supports recording of your game by the "demo" system.
* Contains 12 multiplayer game modes, including: Deathmatch, Survivor, Capture the Flag, Hunt the Flag, Keep the Flag, Pistol Frenzy, Last Swiss Standing & One-Shot One-Kill (plus team versions of these modes).
* Comes pre-packaged with 26 different maps!