VAF Music Toolbar appears on my web browser task bar, and search.conduit.com makes itself as my homepage and new tab page. How can I remove VAF Music Toolbar and conduit search from my browser? Help please.
About VAF Music Toolbar and conduit search:
Vafmusic Toolbar is a Community Toolbar from Conduit, which is compatible with most common web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. This toolbar is ad-supported program, when install it, you are supposed to install extra elements, such as search assistant BHO, Toolbar BHO, conduit search engine and search.conduit.com startup page.
Search.conduit.com is a free search engine that copy Bing style search engine, sometime it also disguise it as Google search engine. It is also ad-supported search engine that will go to monitor and collect your personal information including the search habit, IP, search items and more to favor your with more precise advertisement.
Both Vafmusic Toolbar and search.conduit.com are issued by Conduit Ltd. and are categorized as potentially unwanted programs (PUP), which are often promoted via other free downloads, such as video converter programs, video players, and download manager programs. In case of the unfriendly distribution way, people are usually unaware of how and when those annoying PUP come to install on their computer and web browser and always rank in low acceptance of this kind of software. Some antivirus programs even detect them as adware program; actually, Vafmusic Toolbar and search.conduit.com are acting annoying more than malicious. After installed, conduit search starts to change the default browser settings that results in homepage and new tab page being redirected to http://search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3185123&SearchSource=48&CUI=UN91269460329347204&UM=2, while VAF Music Toolbar adds itself under the task bar and provide you quick access to some websites.
Below is screenshot of VAF Music Toolbar and search.conduit.com:
How to Get Rid of VAF Music Toolbar and search.conduit.com Redirect? (Uninstall Instruction)
Quick Removal Guide outlined:
Step 1 > Uninstall VAF Music toolbar and conduit related elements from your computer.
Step 2 > Remove VAF Music toolbar and search engine from IE/FF/Chrome.
- --Option I Manual Removal Instruction on VAF Music toolbar and conduit redirect virus.
--Option II Automatic Removal Instruction on VAF Music toolbar and conduit redirect viru with Anvi Slim Toolbar.
Step 3 > Remove VAF Music toolbar junks and clean conduit cookies to completely free from the annoying program.
Please follow every steps of the removal guide to completely get rid of conduit search toolbar adware. You may still experience the redirect problem if you ignore one of the steps. For detail information, please check below. Should you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.
Step 1 > Uninstall VAF Music toolbar and related elements from your computer.
Follow the instruction that corresponds to your operating system to uninstall malicious items
• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for items that related to conduit and VAF Music toolbar, such as search protect by conduit > Click on Remove.
• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for items that related to conduit and VAF Music toolbar, such as search protect by conduit > click on Uninstall.
Step 2 > Remove VAF Music toolbar and search engine from IE/FF/Chrome.
Option I Manual Removal Instruction on VAF Music toolbar and conduit redirect virus.
* For Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer, Go to Tools> Internet Options> General > replace search.conduit.com with a desired domain or leave it as blank > Click Apply to complete the operation.
2. Go to Tools >> Manage Add-ons, Select search providers tab, remove the conduit engines from the list.
* For Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
Click on the trashcan icon to remove unwanted extension that is related to web search.
2. Go to Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages,
Remove search.conduit.com from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
3. In Google Chrome Settings, go Search area, click on Manage Search Engines…
Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider, and then select conduit from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
* For Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons. Select Extensions. Click on “Remove” button to delete VAF Music Toolbar.
2. Click on the magnifying glass search icon and select Manage Search Engines...
Select conduit search…and click on Remove button to remove it.
3) Go to Tools → Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com, etc.
Option II Automatic Removal Instruction on VAF Music toolbar and conduit redirect viru with Anvi Slim Toolbar.
Anvisoft has developed a program Anvi Slim Toolbar to help computer users remove malicious toolbar that added on web browser and help them repair web browser problem caused by the malicious toolbar efficiently and completely.
- Anvi Slim Toolbar Download
1. After you download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar, please start it. On the main screen of the program, click on the “Manage” button to scan out all the toolbar or plug-in installed on your web browser.
Please find VAF Music toolbar, select it and click Remove button to delete it from your web browser. Please make sure to remove all the VAF Music toolbar under Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
2. After you remove all VAF Music toolbar, please go back to main screen again, and then select Browser Repair to fix your web browser homepage and search engine.
Select the relative browser that you need to repair, and the select homepage and search engine you need Anvi Slim toolbar do. If you have problem on multiple web browsers such as IE/FF/Chrome, please make sure to repair them all.
Need to learn more about Anvi Slim tooblar, click to learn How to remove malicious browser extensions or add-ons from IE//FF/Chrome by using Anvi Slim Toolbar
Step 3 > Remove VAF Music toolbar junks and conduit cookies to completely free from the annoying program.
No matter you use manual removal guide or automatic removal instruction, you are still highly encouraged to use Cloud System Booster to clean any possible invalid and junk files to prevent the annoying unwanted toolbar come back again.
To use Cloud System Booster, please click on the blue “Booster” button, it will search and find out all kinds of junks. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
- Try Cloud System Booster now and experience fast computer performance!
Malware Prevention Tips:
Preventing malware infection before it settles on your computer is the most recommended and effective way to protect your PC security and personal sensitive information. Please follow these general security tips to better protect your computer.
Speed up slow PC Tips:
Experience slow computer performance? Want to improve your computer performance and make it acts as a charm? Anvisoft team has developed a serial of system utilities program to help you maintain fast PC performance.
Cloud System Booster: Upgraded system optimization tool to make your computer faster and better
Anvi Ultimate Defrag–Wipe off file fragmentation and optimize your hard drives for maximum performance.
Anvi Startup Booster Free: System Diagnostic Software to accelerate the startup of PC to make windows smarter and lighter.