SelectionLinks advertisements pop up to be annoying to you? And so do the related redirects when you are surfing online? Want to get rid of such SelectionLinks ads completely? Read more in this post to make it happen.
What is SelectionLinks?
SelectionLinks is an adware program that displays their own advertisements and sponsored links on Youtube, Facebook, Google and other websites you are visiting. Once installed, whenever you will browse Youtube, Best Buy, Facebook or any other similar websites, will display their own advertisements and sponsored links. These advertisements will be shown as boxes on the web pages of different websites, and under them you’ll see a “about this ad” link which will lead you to the Selection Links web site.
SelectionLinks will also add a tab to your Google Search page, in which it will display Youtube and Twitter search results for your queries, and when you’ll highlight any words on a webpage, it will display a box containing different search engines.
SelectionLinks is a browser extension for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome that is typically added when you install other free programs. When you install these free programs, they will also install Savings Explorer as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle Savings Explorer include 1ClickDownload, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom. So be attentive about such ads promoting software that actually are useless or even annoying or risky.
Tip to Avoid Ads Promotion Software like SelectionLinks Install
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this SelectionLinks program.
Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
How to Remove SelectionLinks Ads (Adware Removal Instructions)
Selection Links Adware Removal Guide Outlined:
- 1. Uninstall SelectionLinks from Computer
2. Remove SelectionLinks Virus using Anvi Smart Defender Antimalware
3. Remove SelectionLinks Components from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
4. System Restore (Optional Troubleshoot)
Step 1> Uninstall SelectionLinks from your computer
SelectionLinks has installed a program on your computer (SelectionLinks by 215 apps) which we will need to uninstall.
- 1. To uninstall SelectionLinks from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are a Windows 8 user, you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
2. Search and uninstall SelectionLinks from your computer.
Please keep in mind that on some computers or missing, search for any program developed by SelectionLinks or Objectify Media, and uninstall it from your computer.
Because SelectionLinks is installed with other additional programs, we recommend that you search and uninstall any other unwanted or unknown programs from your computer.
Troubleshoot Uninstall (SelectionLinks)
If SelectionLinks is difficult to uninstall, use the instructions below to better help you remove SelectionLinks program using Anvi Uninstaller Integrated in Cloud System Booster
- 1. Install the free or paid version of Anvi Unintaller which is integrated for free use in Cloud System Booster by Anvisoft. Cloud System Booster Official Download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
2. Open the program and click Expert > Toolbox tab. Run Anvi Uninstaller.
3. Find SelectionLinks or related adware as mentioned above in the list of All Installed Programs tab and Uninstall the program. (By the way, you can check out the recently installed program under the Recent Installed for convenience. )
Step 2> Anvi Smart Defender Antimalware Scan (Automatic Malware Removal)
To remove SelectionLinks, download Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware Software safe and direct download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
- 1. Install the free or paid version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Anvi Smart Defender is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Anvi Smart Defender you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Anvi Smart Defender on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to Settings > Update tab.
3. On the second tab labeled “Scan” select the perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Anvi Smart Defender will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. (Click Detail to see detailed results similar as shown in below). Click on Remove button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Tips to Block Pop up Ads:
Pop up ads are annoying and risky. To block them from Internet browsers, you can take all advantages of this ads blocking tool- Anvi AD Blocker, which is created to filter malicious websites, phishing websites, pop up ads/flash as well as other websites that you don't want.
Anvi Ad Blocker is able to better protect the computer from various malware infections distributed via pop ups or malicious websites. Furthermore, it can even speed up the loading page when you are surfing online by filtering the needless ads. Buy it now.
Learn more about this Anvi AD Blocker-a handy tool to help you conveniently block pop up ads and any distributors related to malware infections.
By the way, it is worth mentioning that this Anvi AD Blocker is integrated for free use in the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender now. Get Anvi AD Blocker for free by upgrading Anvi Smart Defender protection here and now.
Step 3> Remove SelectionLinks from your browser
Remove SelectionLinks from Internet Explorer
- 1. Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then select Manage add-ons.
2. From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select SelectionLinks plugin, and click on Disable.
Remove SelectionLinks from Mozilla Firefox
- 1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
2. Select the Extensions tab, then remove SelectionLinks extension from Mozilla Firefox.
Remove SelectionLinks from Google Chrome
- 1. Click Customize and Control Google Chrome icon (see as a wrench icon or 3-bar icon) on the browser toolbar, select Tools -> Extensions.
2. Under the Extensions tab, remove the SelectionLinks extension by clicking on the Recycle Bin next to the plugin.
- If SelectionLinks extension is greyed out and you can't remove it ("This extension is managed and cannot be removed of disabled") please follow this removal guide - how to remove a managed Google Chrome extension
Please keep in mind that on some computers, the browser add-on might have a different name, if you can’t find SelectionLinks on your list, then carefully look for any other unknown or unwanted extension and remove it from your browser.
Recommended: : To make sure some risky components left cache or cookies or other invalid registry entires of such adware are all cleaned away, you are encouraged to avail yourself of Cloud System Booster, which is created to be a powerful system cleaner/optimizer to help maintain Windows system. It can speed up you pc while it helps you maintain a healthy computer status on daily base. Download Cloud System Booster to run a full cleaning now: (direct safe download link) www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
Tips to Stop Unwanted Redirecitons:
From time to time, unwanted or even risky redirections come along with adware install or browser hijacking or even other malware infections. If you also encounter such with SelectionLinks install, you are also highly advised to repair browser settings like search engine, homepage as well as browser data, and also check out your network settings so as to completely stop unwanted redirections which are really risky on various malware infections. See detailed instructions to stop unwanted redirections in this article: How to Stop Unwanted Redirections.
Step 4> System Restore (Optional Troubleshoot)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates. A system restore can be used to remove new installments of unwanted software.
-System Restore Instructions-
System Restores can be used to remove entire installments without harming your computer or removing any data including documents, images, and videos.
Malware Prevent Tips
Beside that the above mentioned ad blocker which can considerably reduce risks of malware infections by filtering and blocking malicious websites and pop up ads that are usually used to distribute malware, trojans and the like,
You can also keep the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender onto your computer for protection and turn on Safe Browser Features:Instructions to Turn on Security Features of IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. for more secured surfing online.
You may interest: PC security tips for free
Good luck and be safe online.