How to Remove Yontoo Adware (Yontoo Pagerage Uninstall Guide)

This section is committed to offer guide on how to remove Adware.

How to Remove Yontoo Adware (Yontoo Pagerage Uninstall Guide)

Postby Sophia » 2012-09-19 4:04

You are presented with bombarding advertisements by Yontoo. Pagerage? Read this post for step by step uninstall guide to get rid of Yontoo adware which is potentially not what you want.

Yontoo is adware that installs a web browser extension, as well known as Yontoo.Pagerage, for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox to enable customization of one’s Facebook profile, as well as to display advertisements and special offers while surfing the web. However, Yontoo.Pagerage usually gets installed as bundled software without proper display of an EULA and privacy policy. Thus, some users may consider it an unwanted program or even a virus to remove.

As for the company for this Yontoo, it was founded by a small group of people that had worked together on previous projects. Their mission is to enhance, extend and personalize everyone’s experience across all websites. Sounds great, but why so many ads?

One more thing, you can easily find other write-ups about Yontoo and Yontoo Runtime Layers with slightly different classification. For instance, Symantec detects Yontoo as a potentially unwanted application. And we have to say it’s rather confusing because folks who have been working on this software since 2006 have valid Symantec and McAfee certificates, not just identity verification but also malware scan. Seriously, that doesn’t make sense. Symantec states that it’s a potentially unwanted app, you know, something that you don’t want to install and at the same time they flag their site as completely safe even thought it hosts Yontoo installers. ESET, Spybot, Dr.Web classify Yontoo as adware. ESET blocks yontoo.com and any web requests from their website as well. TrendMicro says it’s a Trojan… well they probably went too far with such assertions. It’s hardly a Trojan horse but that doesn’t mean you should keep it. It’s up to you whether you want to keep or remove it from your machine. Maybe you find this software useful.

Probably the most widely spread web browser extension bundled with Yontoo is called Pagerage. This browser extension allows you to modify your Facebook profile which is cool but also displays advertisements that appear to be from Facebook even thought they are usually delivered from totally different ad networks. However, Yontoo.Pagerage is not the only web browser extension tied to Yontoo adware. Recently, we stumbled upon a FLV Player application bundled with Yontoo dependable software: Banner Gadgets, FreeTwitTube, ezLooker, Buzzdock and Wajam. In this particular case, Yontoo had proper EULA and privacy policy. But we know for sure that certain extensions get installed without proper display of an EULA and privacy policy, for assured.

flv_player_yontoo.jpg

As shown in below image, you can clearly detect how Yontoo adware and associated applications changed Google search page. There are two blocks of sponsored ads instead of one and there’s also this Wajam social search app on the right side of the screen. It messes things up rather badly.

buzzdock_wajam.jpg

In a word, Yontoo isn’t a very widespread infection. And it’s definitely not the most dangerous infection. But that doesn't mean it is not used much. To remove Yontoo and associated applications from your computer, please follow the removal guide step by step below. If any questions about this adware or potentially unwanted application or would like to share information that isn’t covered in this page, please feel free to leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online.

How to Remove Yontoo Adware ( Yontoo Related Extension Removal Guide)

Step 1> Uninstall Yontoo Adware program from the computer

Option 1 through Control Panel

Access to Start menu, go to Control Panel->Add/Remove Program (for Windows Vista/7, please navigate to Control Panel->Uninstall a Program). And then find Yontoo in the list. Select the program and click Remove to uninstall it. So do other program related to Yontoo.

yontoo_add-remove.jpg

Option 2 Find Yontoo Program and Uninstall it. Then there will appear a window as shown below. Click Next.

yontoo_uninstall.jpg

and then click Yes to confirm uninstall and remove Yontoo Adware from your computer. That's it!

yontoo_uninstall_conf.jpg

Step 2> Remove Yontoo from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome completely

In Internet Explorer:

a. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons.

ie_manage-add-ons.jpg

b. Remove all Yontoo LLC components: Yontoo Api and Yontoo. Close the window.

yontoo_internet_explorer.jpg

In Mozilla Firefox:

a. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.

firefox_addons.jpg

b. Select Extensions. Remove Yontoo Runtime extension. Close the window.

yontoo_firefox.jpg

Shut down Firefox and then reopen it to check if the issue is still there. That's it!

In Google Chrome:

a. Open Google Chrome and click Wrench icon. Go to Tools → Extensions.

chrome_extensions.jpg

b. Select Yontoo and click on the small recycle bin icon to remove the toolbar.

yontoo_chrome.jpg

Shut down Google Chrome and then reopen it to check to make sure the issue is fixed.

Any question, let us know.

Files and registry values Associated with Yontoo adware:
Files
:

• C:\Program Files\Yontoo\YontooIEClient.dll
Registry values:

• HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\YontooIEClient.DLL
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\YontooIEClient.Api
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\YontooIEClient.Layers
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\niapdbllcanepiiimjjndipklodoedlc

Real-time Protect Computer from Potential Online Risks

To monitor online activities and minimize the potential of online infections, we highly recommended the antimalware tool-Anvi Smart Defender(free version direct download) to download, install and run on your computer. There is both a free version as well as a pro edition here available for PC online protection. Else you are suggested to turn on security features of browsers to necessary block pop ups or malicious URLs or domains. See details to manual turn on security features of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. Alternately, Anvi Ad Blocker v2.0 is available to conveniently help you filter malicious websites, pop ups as well as your unwanted sites. Take a look at this nimble tool here and give it a shot (neat direct download link) now.
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Remove Yontoo Adware (Yontoo Pagerage Uninstall Guide)

Postby jjslix » 2013-01-13 15:40

Any updates on how to remove yontoo 1.10.03
jjslix

Postby Ivy » 2013-01-13 20:41

Hello,
Welcome to Anvisoft forum. Thanks for posting your problem here.
Basically, you can take the same measure to remove yontoo 1.10.03.

By the way, I would like recommend you the free utilities to uninstall any unwanted program, Anvi Uninstaller.

Anvi Uninstaller Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/uninstaller.html

Anvi Uninstaller is a handy tool to help users conveniently and efficiently uninstall unwanted programs. It delivers convenient safety and sliming fronted by an interface that showcases a few menus, including all programs, recently installed, large programs and system patches, for convenient look-up.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby ceshiwuhao » 2013-02-14 5:15

I would like recommend you the free utilities to uninstall any unwanted program, Anvi Uninstaller.
ceshiwuhao

Postby Mandi Murphy » 2013-03-01 22:16

How do we remove this thing if it is not showing up in the "uninstall program" list? I was able to remove it from Firefox but can't seem to find it on my computer. My antivirus can't seem to find it either :/ can you please help?
Mandi Murphy

Postby Sophia » 2013-03-01 22:26

Mandi Murphy wrote:How do we remove this thing if it is not showing up in the "uninstall program" list? I was able to remove it from Firefox but can't seem to find it on my computer. My antivirus can't seem to find it either :/ can you please help?

Hello, Mandi Murphy

That you can not find the Yontoo on the control panel may because that your computer is set to hide some files and folders. So you are advised to make sure set your computer to view hidden files and folders. You may see detailed instructions to see hidden files and folders by viewing this post: How to view hidden files and folders.

By the way, if you can not find the Yontoo program on the control panel yet after the above steps, please try to use the automatic antimalware tool-Anvi Smart Defenderto perform a full scan on your computer system to make sure the computer is clean from any infections. Then you can just rest your worries about anything dangerous in your computer.

If any further question, just let us know.

Good luck and be safe online.
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Mandi Murphy » 2013-03-02 0:37

Sophia, thank you for you help. I am not quite sure how I got this as one minute it wasn't there and then the next I notice something strange going on with my websites. :/ After following your steps and another set of steps on this forum I think I have completely removed it. At least I hope so...

Thanks again!!
Mandi Murphy

Postby Osiel Olivares » 2013-03-12 4:01

ive tried to uninstall "Yontoo 1.12.02" from my laptop using both the control panel and Anvi Uninstaller but since it tries to use the built in uninstaller it keeps saying Tarma Installer stops working and I have to close it witout uninstalling anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Osiel Olivares

Postby Ivy » 2013-03-12 4:33

Osiel Olivares wrote:ive tried to uninstall "Yontoo 1.12.02" from my laptop using both the control panel and Anvi Uninstaller but since it tries to use the built in uninstaller it keeps saying Tarma Installer stops working and I have to close it witout uninstalling anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Before you go to control panel or use Anvi Uninstaller to remove Yontoo adware, please perform a scan with Anvi Smart Defender to kill the adware program.

Anvi Smart Defender download: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/smartdefenderpro.html
And then uninstall the Yontoo adware.

If any problem, please let us know.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Chiedu Oranye » 2013-04-13 12:16

It reinstalls itself.

So I had to manually delete it using FILEASSASSIN and the stubborn desktop.os.dll delete it while in safemode

from C:\Users\OverLord\AppData\Roaming\Yontoo
Chiedu Oranye

Next

Return to Adware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to remove Yontoo PageRage, Yontoo Layers Client & Yontoo ToolbarSophia4301
trying to uninstall Yontoo in Control PanelElaineRuth2117
How to Remove HQ-Pure Pop-up Ads?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances920
How to Remove Ads by HypeNet?(HypeNet Adware Removal Guide)Frances791
How to Remove FlashCoupon Adware? (Removal Guide)Alisa460