Hola Search takes over your web browser and causes annoying redirects now? Read more in this post to get rid of the Hola Search Toolbar in order to stop the holasearch.com redirects. Step by step removal guide is here to stay.
What is Hola Search?
Hola Search is a browser hijacker, which is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it will add the Hola Toolbar, and change your browser search engine and homepage toholasearch.com.
Hola Search will display advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and may collect search terms from your search queries.
How Did Hola Search Get onto Your Computer?
Hola Search got on your computer after you have installed a freeware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this browser hijacker.
For example, when you install VPlay, you will also agree to install Hola Toolbar, and change your default browser home page to holasearch.com. However, when you uninstall VPlay from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove holasearch.com from your favorite web browser manually.
Tips to Avoid Unexpected PUP Install
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Hola Homepage. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
How to Remove Hola Search and Stop www.holasearch.com redirects(Removal Instructions)
Hola Search Removal Guide Outlined:
- step 1. Uninstall Hola Search programs from your computer
step 2. Scan out and remove malware/virus using Anvi Smart Defender antimalware
Step 3. Remove Hola Search residual damage from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
Step 4. Clean leftovers of the PUP and invalid registry entries using Cloud System Booster
Step 5. Tips to block pop up ads and redirects to www.holasearch.com using Anvi Ad Blocker
Step 6. System Restore (Optional Troubleshoot)
Malware Prevent Tips
To get rid of Hola Search toolbar and stop the unwanted hijacking/redirects related, follow below step by step removal instructions in details:
Step 1> Uninstall Hola Search programs from your computer
Hola Search is installed on users computer with other free programs like video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators, and in order to protect itself from being removed, it will also install a program (BrowserProtect) to stop you from resetting your browser to its default settings.
- 1. To uninstall Hola programs from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program. If you are a Windows 8 user, you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
2. Search and uninstall HolaSearch Toolbar and BrowserProtect.
Because Hola Search is installed with other additional programs, we recommend that you search and uninstall any other unwanted or unknown programs from your computer.
- 1. If you got difficulties in uninstalling Hola Search related program, you may make full use of Anvi Uninstaller which is integrated for free use in Cloud System Booster by Anvisoft. Cloud System Booster Official Download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
2. Open the program and click Expert > Toolbox tab. Run Anvi Uninstaller.
3. Find Hola Search toolbar and browser protect program as mentioned above in the list of All Installed Programs tab and Uninstall the program. (By the way, you can check out the recently installed program under the Recent Installed for convenience. )
Step 2>Scan out and remove malware/virus using Anvi Smart Defender antimalware
To make sure the computer is clean from Hola Search redirects and any potential malware infections related, you are supposed to use a trustworthy antimalware perform a full scan to remove any detected malware parts from the computer. And here we recommend you the Anvi Smart Defender antimalware and use it for demonstration.
Please download the recommended antimalware-Anti Smart Defender by clicking below download link.
Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware Software safe and direct download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/ (if the download fails because of networking troubles, visit this post for more troubleshooting tips on networking connections here: How to Recover your Internet Access if it is bloced by malware)
- 1. Install the free or paid version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Anvi Smart Defender is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Anvi Smart Defender you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Anvi Smart Defender on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to Settings > Update tab.
3. On the second tab labeled “Scan” select the perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Anvi Smart Defender will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. (Click Detail to see detailed results similar as shown in below). Click on Remove button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Step 3> Remove the Hola Search residual damage from IE, Firefox and Google Chorme
Hola Search has installed two browser extensions (BrowserProtect and Hola Toolbar), and has changed your search engine and homepage to holasearch.com.
Note: usually, the standard repair browser settings step to remove browser hijacker or redirect virus comes with 4 mains parts including removing add-on, search engine related, repairing homage page and deleting browser data. However, many redirect viruses or browser hijackers install their add-on or search engine related and the name may be different a lot and this does perplex many users a lot. So to make it clear and more efficient, here we provide you with the universal way and also the most efficient way to repair browser settings all by set browser settings all default. Please note, if you do have some important personalized broswer settings, please make a backup and then repersonalized the browser settings when the problem is done.
Remove Hola Search from Internet Explorer
- 1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
5. Close and open Internet Explorer.
Remove Hola Search from Mozilla Firefox
- 1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish
Remove Hola Search from Google Chrome
- 1. Remove Hola Search extensions from Google Chrome.
Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
In the Extensions tab, remove Hola Toolbar and BrowserProtect extensions by clicking Recycle Bin icon at the end of the row.
NOTE: Hola Search may have added additional extensions which you will need to remove. We recommend that you remove any unwanted or unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
2.Set Google Chrome default search engine from Hola Search to Google.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on Manage search engines in the Search section.
In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select Google and click the Make Default button that appears in the row.
Search for Hola Search in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
3. Change Google Chrome homepage from htt://www.holasearch.com to its default.
Hola Search has modified your Google settings to open their webpage whenever you start your browser, so we will need to revert this change.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on One the New Tab page in the On Startup section.
Step 4> Block www.holasearch.com redirects and pop up ads using Anvi AD Blocker
To block holasearch.com redirects and pop up ads, you can take all advantages of this ads blocking tool- Anvi AD Blocker, which is created to filter malicious websites, phishing websites, pop up ads/flash as well as other websites that you don't want.
To block redirects to holasearch.com from your web browser, you can just add the urls: holasearch.com to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter holasearch.com, in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change. That's it.
Now you can better enjoy your surfing online without any annoying pop ups or redirections to these two websites.
Anvi Ad Blocker is able to better protect the computer from various malware infections distributed via pop ups or malicious websites. Furthermore, it can even speed up the loading page when you are surfing online by filtering the needless ads. Buy it now.
Step 6> Clean residing files, invalid registry entries and junk files using Cloud System Booster
To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System Booster by clicking below download link.
Cloud System Booster download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
After the download and install, please click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)
Step 7> System Restore (Optional Troubleshoot)
Often, www.halosearch.com redirect and hijacking comes along with other toolbar or unwanted programs install, and so the complete www.holasearch.com removal also requires the removal of other related malware. If you also encounter such Www.holasearch.com redirects come to concurrance with other redirects, hijacking or other forms of infections, that is to say, the case comes to be more complicated, to handle such, you'd better leave your detailed situation by starting a new thread in Malware Removal Assistanceor just complete a reply below and our online help team will be at your services.
You can just perform a system restore to restore your computer to a pervious healthy state to heal the complicatedly infected system.
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates. A system restore can be used to remove new installments of unwanted software.
-System Restore Instructions-
System Restores can be used to remove entire installments without harming your computer or removing any data including documents, images, and videos.
Malware Prevent Tips
Beside that the above mentioned ad blocker which can considerably reduce risks of malware infections by filtering and blocking malicious websites and pop up ads that are usually used to distribute malware, trojans and the like,
You can also keep the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender onto your computer for protection and turn on Safe Browser Features:Instructions to Turn on Security Features of IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. for more secured surfing online.
You may interest: PC security tips for free
Good luck and be safe online.