This post mainly introduces the manual removal guide to help you uninstall SweetIM. Read more on this post and remove it from our computer and browser.
SweetIM is a program which is designed to give users better instant messaging experience. With SweetIM installed, you can use additional fun smileys and winks to when you send message, but your contact can view the smileys only when they have the SweetIM installed. You may find the program annoying that it changes your home page and default search engine and want to uninstall it. You may also be annoyed when you try to remove it. This post shows you how to uninstall SweetIM completely. Please note that SweetIM toolbar and associated program are safe and contain no malicious or dangerous components. It provides all about fun.
SweetIM manual Removal Guide
Please note that you have to perform alll following steps to remove SweetIM. Faiure to perform one of following steps may result that you still find existance of SweetIM on your computer or browser.
[/size]Step1. Remove SweetIM from your computer
1) Please go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2) Search for "SweetIM for Messenger", "SweetPacks Toolbar for Internet Explorer" and "Update Manager for SweetPacks" in the list. Select the program and click Remove button. If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window.
If you have no Internet Explorer installed on your computer, please forget the item "SweetPacks Toolbar for Internet Explorer".
Step2. Remove SweetIM toolbar and remove the SweetIM search engine provider in you’re your browser. It varies a little depending on different browser you have on your computer. In this post, we mainly introduce removal guide in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Remove SweetIM toolbar and search.sweetim.com in Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Internet Explorer Tools gear , go to Internet Options. Select "General" tab and click "Use default" button or enter your own website, e.g. google.com or yahoo.com instead of http://home.sweetim.com. Click OK to save the changes. If you do not want to set a homepage, please just click "Use blank".
2. Please go to Tools → Manage Add-ons and select Search Providers. Choose Bing or Google as your default search engine provider and then remove SweetIM Search. Usually, SweetIM Search engine is removed with the core components of SweetPacks Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
Remove SweetIM toolbar and search.sweetim.com in Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Please go to Tools → Add-ons.
2.Select Extensions. Remove SweetPacks Toolbar for Firefox toolbar and then close the window.
3. Click on the magnifying glass search icon as shown in the image below and select Manage Search Engines.
4. Choose SweetIM Search from the list and click Remove to remove it. Click OK to save changes.
5. Go to Tools → Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.
Remove search.sweetim.com and SweetIM for Facebook in Google Chrome:
1. Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon . Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Select SweetIM for Facebook and click on the small recycle bin icon to remove the toolbar.
3. Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon once again and now select Settings.
4. Click the Manage search engines button.
5. Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine and then select SweetIM search and remove it by clicking the "X" button.
Step3. After you uninstall SweetIM from your computer and remove the SweetIM toolbar from your browser, I still recommend you take Cloud System Booster to clean the browsing history, cookies, caches, and preferences.
Download Cloud System Booster now to optimize your computer.
With one-click boost mode, Cloud System Booster cleans and optimizes Windows-based systems by throwing out junk files, disabling unneeded services, cleaning up 3rd party applications generated junks, and repairing registry errors. What makes Cloud System Booster distinctive is its use of cloud-based technology to make sure you are cleaning, optimizing and repairing your system with the most up-to-date user-supplied data on your software.