Computer get infected with PC Performer? Learn more about this post to figure out what is PC Performer and how to remove PC Performer completely.
What is PC Performer Virus ?
PC Performer is a registry optimizer program that promises to enhance computer performance and fix registry errors, but in fact it even slows your computer down, changes system settings and causes errors. It has been proved that PC Performer is a rogue application.
PC Performer states that it can improve your pc performance and the PC Performer scan results tell you that your computer condition is serious because there are so many issues are slowing down your PC. You are encouraged to purchase the full version of this program to remove all of threats.
A screenshot of PC Performer Virus:
The program usually gets into your system without your consent. It comes bundled with other programs that you can download from the Internet. When you install those freewares you may also agree to install PC Performer.
Do not get tricked by PC Performer. You should not believe any messages displayed by PC Performer and definitely, do not spend your money on a pro version of the program. In stead you should remove this program as soon as possible before further damages occurs.
PC Performer Rogueware Removal Guide
OPTION 1 Remove PC Performer Virus Manually
- STEP 1 Reboot your computer to safe mode with networking.
- As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8″ key constantly.
- STEP 2 Show hidden files and folders.
- Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.Click the View tab.Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
- STEP 3 Open Registry entries. Find out the malicious files and entries and then delete all.
- Press the “Start” button and then choose the option “Run”. In the “Open” field, type “regedit” and click the “OK” button.
- All malicious files and registry entries that should be deleted
- Code: Select all
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exeHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
- STEP 4 Perform System Restore
- System Restore can be used to remove entire installments without harming your computer or removing any data including documents, images, and videos.
OPTION 2 Remove PC Performer Virus Automatically
- Step 1 .Reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Download, install the automatic remover-Anvi Smart Defender to scan and remove the PC Performer.
- Please note, after the toll has been downloaded and installed, make sure database is updated to the latest version and also ensure the Anvi Smart Defender is set to scan the rootkit by clicking settings shown below. And then click OK to save the change and close the window to run this scanner.
- Anvi Smart Defender download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
Network Connection Troubleshooting Tips
- If you fail to download the antimalware tool Anvi Smart Defender, please check the LAN settings that may be changed by following below instructions:Open your Internet Explorer, click Settings icon or Tools (as per the IE version), click the Internet Options in the dropped-down menu and then there comes up the window of Internet Options. Under the Connections tab, click LAN settings to open the LAN settings menu, ensure to uncheck the use a proxy server as your LAN..as shown in picture below. And then click OK to save the changes and close the window. Then retry the Anvi Smart Defender. IF any question, please feel free to contact us.
- Step 3 Restart the computer to normal mode and the computer would be all right now.
Recommended optimization tool
- After the virus been removed, we highly recommend you clean up the entire computer OS using a system cleaner/optimizer like Cloud System Booster.
Rogueware like PC Performer often invades the computer by changing registry entries and modifying the system files. Although there is malware remover helps get rid of it, some invalid registry files or leftovers are still there to drag down the computer running speed or even cause system errors like blue screen of death.
Clear junk files and registry errors in your computer OS with Cloud System Booster now. Click here to learn more.