How to Remove Search.yac.mx Redirect Virus from IE/FF/Chrome?(Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)

This section is committed to offer guide on how to remove Google redirect virus.

How to Remove Search.yac.mx Redirect Virus from IE/FF/Chrome?(Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)

Postby Frances » 2013-11-18 1:32

Search.yac.mx enters into your computer and changes your browser’s homepage to Search.yac.mx without your permission? What is Search.yac.mx? Is this website safe? This post shows you more details and a step by step removal guide to get rid of this hijacker.

Search.yac.mx Browser Hijacker Description:

Search.yac.mx is classified as a browser hijacker virus which usually promoted via free downloads. Search.yac.mx seems like it is a genuine and really helpful search providers for it provides multiple short links, such as YouTube, Facebook, News and many others. However it is potentially unwanted. Search.yac.mx usually comes into users computer bundled with third parties. Search.yac.mx can corrupts all the most common used browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Once installed You may find that your browser home page and default search engine are changed to Search.yac.mx without your consent and knowledge. And you may find that the main screen of Search.yac.mx is full of unknown links. Search.yac.mx is an ads-supported search engine and you can not get reliable search results from this domain because the search results from Search.yac.mx are filled with advertisements and sponsored links. You may receive many annoying pop up advertisements and when you search for something you might be redirected to some other unknown website which may contains malicious programs.

Search.yac.mx-YAC Search redirect virus.jpg

You may find that when you use this fake search engine you will be redirected to some other unknown site where ads and sponsored links occupied the results page. On the other hand, browser hijackers like this Search.yac.mx is capable of using cookies to collect users online traces or personal informations for unethical marketing. You are nor recommended to use Search.yac.mx and keep it on your computer.

How your Computer Gets Infected with Search.yac.mx?

Usually Search.yac.mx comes bundled with other free applications from the internet, such as free videos, codes, or free softwares. When you install these free programs you may also agree to change your browser settings.

You should always remember that download freewares or free applications from Internet is the most common way for your computer to be infected with malwares. Usually computer users always pay a less attention on the download and installation process. When they install some applications they may also agree to change their system settings.

Considering its way of Search.yac.mx enters into your system and malicious behavior of modifying your system settings, you should remove this Search.yac.mx as soon as possible before it make more damage to your PC.

Similar Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus:

Holasearch.com,Www.govome.com,FindWide,Help Me Find Your Info Hijacker,BasicScan.com,Software Education Hijacker,Hotstartsearch.com,Mixmeister Search,Delta Search Hijacker,VGrabber Browser Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com,Buscaid.com,Noticiasalpunto.com,Searchzone.com,Startpins Redirect,Pageset Redirect,Prize Party,Fastsurveyworld.net,SearchTermResults.com,Globososo Browser Hijacker,Click.efacts.com,imitsearch.net Redirect,Bigseekpro.com Hijacker,iSoft Online Search,Systemcare-antivirus.org Redirect,Search.smartsuggestor.com,Theallsearches.com Redirect,Chatzum.com,Mystart.smilebox.com Redirect,BuscaID.com Redirect,QSearch.com Hijacker, Somoto.com,Onlinefwd.com (http://onlinefwd.com/),Flirt.com,en.v9.com,Click.Scour.com Redirect,MyPlayCity Search,Freecorder.com,Inksdata.com,Search.rpidity.com(Http://search.rpidity.com/),Arcade Safari (Arcadesafari.com),Basicseek.com,http://frameseek.com/,Websearch.youwillfind.info,Clickorati.com,isearch.babylon.com,V9tr.com,BrowserSeek Search,UStart Redirect,Cherchi.biz RedirectAdvertising-support.com,fastfreesearch.com,Websearch+ (websearch.brandthunder.com),Gotostat.ru,Websearch.lookforithere.info,QuiBids.com,Search.snapdo.com,MySearchDial Redirect,WebBrowserSearch.com,Http://pcspeedplus.com/scan/Searchpig.net, Search.creativetoolbars.com, Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com, Cpvfeed.mediatraffic.com,Search.alot.com, Dnsbasic.com,SafeSearch.net,Zwangi.com,Websearch.searchrocket.info,Brothersoft,Findwebnow.com,Searchalgo.com,isearch.avg.com,Websearch.just-browse.info, Search.smartaddressbar.com,Qone8.com,Search.softonic.com,Flipora Search,Search.ueep.com,HotSearch.com,WebSearch.pu-result.info,WebSearch.a-searchpage.info, Search.beamrise.com,GlobaSearch.com,Websearch.searchsupporter.info.

======================================================================================================================================

Search.yac.mx Browser Redirect Virus Removal Instructions Overview

Step 1. Uninstall unfamiliar and suspicious program from Computer
    Step 2. Remove unfamiliar extensions and reset your browsers(manually)
    Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions with Anvi Slim Toolbar
    Step 3. Clean residing files, invalid registry entries and junk files using Cloud System Booster
    Malware Prevention Tips(IMPORTANT)

=============================================================================================================================

Step 1 Uninstall Search.yac.mx Related Program from Computer through Control Panel

Windows 7/Vista users:
    Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel". Locate "Programs", "Uninstall a Program". Look for Search.yac.mx related program, select this entry and click Uninstall.

Windows XP users:
    Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel". Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for Search.yac.mx related program, select this entry and click Remove.

Please note, Search.yac.mx related program may vary by name and you are suggested to uninstall any suspicious or unfamiliar third party program.

=============================================================================================================================
Step 2. Remove Unfamiliar Extensions and Reset your Browsers

* For Internet Explorer

1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
    2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for any unwanted add-on and remove it if located.
    3. Click on Search providers, remove unwanted engines from the list.
    3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://search.yac.mx/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation.

* For Mozilla Firefox

1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
    2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the any unwanted add-on extensions and plugins and remove or disable it.
    3. Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
    4. Type "Keyword.url ",“browser.search.defaultengine”,then “browser.search.selectedengine”, "browser.newtab.url" in the search box, Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the unwanted search engines won’t launch on itself.
    5. Go to Tools> Options> General> Replace http://search.yac.mx/ with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.

*For Google Chrome

1 Click on Wrench or 3-Bars icon next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions,disable or uninstall unwanted extensions .
    2 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘settings’ > ‘Manage search engines'.
    Click on the X to remove unwanted search engines and make google.com as your default search engine.
    3 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Appearances’> ‘Show Home button’, click on the Change button to change your browser homepage.

Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions and Repair Browsers with Anvi Slim Toolbar

Most computer users were suffered or are suffering from the self-invited browser add-ons or browser hijackers. To a large extent those programs are potentially unwanted because they may put users computer into high risk of being infected with malwares by installing ads supported toolbars, or modifying users browser homepage and default search engine to some illegitimate one.

Anvi Slim Toolbar is a practical, easy to use and uses-friendly tool. It is has three function mode, Scan, Manage and Browser Repair. Anvi Slim Toolbar is designed to help computer users detect and remove malicious and unnecessary toolbars, browser add-ons, extensions and plugins.

Anvi Slim Toolbar is also available for repairing web browser problem caused by malicious toolbars or other malwares such as adware, browser hijacker and redirect virus. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, which means it can reset your browsers homepage and default search engine to the genuine one automatically.

1 Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar. On the main screen of this program, please click on the Scan button to scan your computer.

2 Click on the Manage button to view details about the found toolbars and remove the unwanted one.

3 Click on the Browser Repair button to repair your browser. Select the relative browser that you need to repair. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Note: Chances are exist that it fails to detect some malicious toolbars or repair browser settings, in such case please report the malicious toolbar and domain to us then will analyze and add them to our database as soon as possible.

Step 3. Clean Residual Files, Invalid Registry Entries and Junk Files with Cloud System Booster

After the Search.yac.mx program has been removed from your system, some residual files maybe still in there. To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System Booster by clicking download link below:

2 Go to Settings, Boost tab, expand Cleaner and then expand Privacy Clean, please select Internet Explorer Cookies, Mozilla Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies option, and then click Apply and then OK to save your modification.

3 Return to the home screen of Cloud System Booster, click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)

Malware Prevention Tips (IMPORTANT)

To make sure the computer is clean from Search.yac.mx and any potential malware infections, you are highly recommended to use Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to protect your computer.

Anvi Smart Defender is a brand new anti-malware software designed to protect your PC from being infected with computer virus and malware. Featuring with the powerful Cloud Scan Technologies and daily updated database, Anvi Smart Defender can detect, block and remove latest malware threats including Trojan, ransomware, worms, backdoors and malicious adware. Anvi Smart Defender is devote to providing advanced Internet security solution for computer users.

Important Tips: To block Popup ads and any unwanted or malicious website, you can take advantage of this ads-block tool--Anvi AD Blocker(which is available and free in Toolbox of Anvi Smart Defender Pro, the picture shown above). Anvi AD Blocker is designed to automatically filter and block malicious websites, phishing sites, pop-up ads, etc. to build a solid browser hijacker defense to your system. Please click the “Free Download” picture below to download this tool directly.

For instance, to block the Search.yac.mx from your web browser, you can just add this Search.yac.mx to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter search.yac.mx in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Recommendation for Slow PC

Image---Slow PC Booster--Anvi Ultimate Defrag---Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a safe, quick and efficient tool for users to improve their computer performance by analyzing fragmented files, cleaning system junk files, repairing bad disk sectors and defragging hard drives. Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a brand-new utility that allows you to defrag multiple drives simultaneously as well as defrag removable drives such as mobile disk and USB drive.
      Image---PC Startup Booster-- Anvi Startup Booster---Anvi Startup Booster is developed to help users start their Windows faster and smarter by simplifying start-up process, optimizing system settings, deactivating unnecessary programs and configuring network settings.
Frances
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Re: How to Remove Search.yac.mx Redirect Virus from IE/FF/Chrome?(Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)

Postby onlineoperatorofelex@gmail.com » 2014-04-21 22:37

Hi, I am the online operator of Elex, and it is Elex who develops and operates YAC and Search.yac.mx. YAC. YAC is designed to help users deal with computer problems and eliminate virus while search.yac.mx is the search engine to bring convenience to users. I read this article on your site and find it is not that objective and slanders our products.
Several months have passed and YAC in the current version, including Search YAC, is updated for many times. Now, the two products are more user-friendly than before and provides more practical features. Not only the products but also the website of YAC is upgraded. I suggest you visit our site and experience the brand new YAC yourself and then remove this article slandering our products.
Now, we are about to enhance the promotion of YAC and related products, and we regard your site as a good channel to do so. Link exchange as well as profitable return will be provided. I think it is better to be friends than to stand against with each other. If you are interested, contact me as soon as possible. My email: ysjblademaster@gmail.com and yangshijian@elex-tech.com are both available.
onlineoperatorofelex@gmail.com

Re: How to Remove Search.yac.mx Redirect Virus from IE/FF/Chrome?(Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)

Postby LodeHere » 2014-05-23 13:02

I would like to add the following:

At first I thought YAC was a rogue program after I read articles about it. So I got in contact with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, asking them why their program did not detect it as malware on my notebook. Or at least as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). They responded that unless there was a good reason for that thy won't let their program do that, and they didn't have any good reason they said.

I just posted on their forum, among other things thanking 2 men of their technical support team:

"About YAC (Yet Another Cleaner)"
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=149221

By clicking on "Examine now" on the interface of YAC, it scans your computer and cleans it up, but by default it also sets IE to Google if you have another homepage in that browser. Yet via "Protection" you can type in the URL of the homepage you want, and lock it. In my case "www.startpage.com".
In "Protection" you can also choose from these search engines: Google, Bing, Yahoo, YAC and Unlocked. So the choice is entirely yours, and you can change it anytime.

Also, when I tried to uninstalll YAC with RevoUninstaller, it didnt work. But it made a change in the default YAC uninstaller, so that after that it cant be uninstalled using Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program > "Yet Another Cleaner".

So I contacted RevoUninstaller, and they told me that it was because of YACs anti-virus program. But they gave me instructions on how to do it with their Pro version.

I'm still in contact with YAC about that issue, and they might come up with a solution, so that YAC can be uninstalled with RevoUninstaller Free also.

I've been exchanging emails with YAC, and they are very friendly and helpful
But uninstalling YAC with its default uninstaller works fine. Again: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program > "Yet Another Cleaner".

I'm glad to have it on my laptop now, and donated $10. I'm quite enthusiastic about it as you can see.

Since I think many other people can benefit from this free program, I'll surf a bit to see where else it is claimed YAC is a rogue program, and copy/paste what I wrote here on those other fora and blogs also.

I've read some comments saying that YAC doesn't uninstall and comes back again. That did not happen to me when using the above described uninstall method which takes a minute only.

I should know: I installed and uninstalled it maybe half a dozen times while exchanging emails with YAC and RevoUninstaller to figure out why it would come back after seemingly having been uninstalled with that uninstaller after a reboot. But uninstalling it as described it was gone every time. I had to reinstall it myself.

If you would have any difficulty with YAC, just contact them. Again, they are very friendly and helpful. My experience.

PS: I'm not affiliated in any way with YAC, I'm just a now enthusiastic user.
LodeHere

Postby seandoyle001@gmail.com » 2014-06-04 0:47

I used to slander yac in many places on the internet. Now, I realized that this is totally wrong. So every time I see slanderous articles of yac on the internet, I will paste these words to confess my wrong doing.
seandoyle001@gmail.com

Return to Google Redirect Virus Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Key-Find.com Redirect Virus from Browsers?(Removal Instructions)Frances9695
Remove Websearch.eazytosearch.info Browser Hijacker(Removal Instructions)Frances455
How to Remove searcheh.com Redirect Virus? (Removal Guide)Autumn988
How to Remove V9.com Virus from IE/FF/Chrome (V9.com Redirect Virus Removal Guide)Ivy42793
How to Remove seekportals.com Redirect Virus? (Removal Guide)Autumn4260