Websearch.soft-quick.info enters into your computer and changes your browser’s homepage and default search engine to Websearch.soft-quick.info without your permission? This post shows you a step by step removal guide to get rid of this hijacker.
Websearch.soft-quick.info Browser Hijacker Description:
Everytime I open Google Chrome 3 tabs open...2 are Google Homepage and one is (http://websearch.soft-quick.info/?r=2013/10/14.) I have tried everything such as combofix, MBAM, CCLEANER, etc. Nothing seems to be getting rid of this annoying pop up. Please Help!!!
Websearch.soft-quick.info is classified as a browser redirect virus which usually promoted via free downloads.
Websearch.soft-quick.info seems like it is a genuine and really helpful search providers. Once installed it can corrupts all the most common used browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. You may find that your browser home page and default search engine are changed to Websearch.soft-quick.info without your consent and knowledge. And the main screen of Websearch.soft-quick.info is full of unknown ads.
Websearch.soft-quick.info is an ads-supported search engine and you can not get reliable search results from this domain because the search results from Websearch.soft-quick.info are filled with advertisements and sponsored links. On the other hand the search results are not provided by Websearch.soft-quick.info but some others like this Tuvaro.com (a potentially unwanted search engine). You are not recommended to keep this Websearch.soft-quick.info in your computer.
How Websearch.soft-quick.info gets inside into your computer?
Usually Websearch.soft-quick.info comes bundled with other free applications from the internet, such as free videos, codes, or free softwares. When you install these free programs you may also agree to change your browser settings.
You should always remember that download freewares or free applications from Internet is the most common way for your computer to be infected with malwares. Usually computer users always pay a less attention on the download and installation process. When they install some applications they may also agree to change their system settings.
Considering its way of Websearch.soft-quick.info enters into your system and malicious behavior of modifying your system settings, you should remove this Websearch.soft-quick.info as soon as possible before it make more damage to your PC.
Extremely Similar Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus:
Websearch.soft-quick.info Browser Redirect Removal Instructions Overview
- Step 1. Uninstall unfamiliar and suspicious program from Computer
Step 2. Remove unfamiliar extensions and reset your browsers(manually)
- Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions using Anvi Slim Toolbar
Malware Prevention Tips(IMPORTANT)
Step 1 Uninstall Websearch.soft-quick.info related program from Computer through Control Panel
Windows 7/Vista users:
- Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel". Locate "Programs", "Uninstall a Program". Look for Websearch.soft-quick.info related program, select this entry and click Uninstall.
Windows XP users:
- Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel". Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for Websearch.soft-quick.info related program, select this entry and click Remove.
- Please note, Websearch.soft-quick.info related program may vary by name and you are suggested to uninstall any suspicious or unfamiliar third party program.
Step 2. Remove unfamiliar extensions and reset your browsers
* For Internet Explorer
- 1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- 2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for any unwanted add-on and remove it if located.
- 3. Click on Search providers, remove the Websearch.soft-quick.info engines from the list.
- 3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://websearch.soft-quick.info/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation.
* For Mozilla Firefox
- 1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
- 2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the any unwanted add-on extensions and plugins and remove or disable it.
- 3. Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- 4. Type "Keyword.url ",“browser.search.defaultengine”,then “browser.search.selectedengine”, "browser.newtab.url" in the search box,Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the Websearch.soft-quick.info won’t launch on itself.
- 5. Go to Tools> Options> General> Replace http://websearch.soft-quick.info/ with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
*For Google Chrome
- 1 Click on Wrench or 3-Bars icon next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions,disable or uninstall unwanted extensions .
- If this extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled, click here to learn-How to Remove a Managed Google Chrome extension.
- 2 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘settings’ > ‘Manage search engines'.
Click on the X to remove Websearch.soft-quick.info and make google.com as your default search engine.
- 3 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Appearances’> ‘Show Home button’, click on the Change button to change your browser homepage.
Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions and Repair Browsers using Anvi Slim Toolbar
- Anvi Slim Toolbar is a secure, expeditious and user-friendly tool developed by Anvisoft to better help computer users detect and remove malicious toolbars, browser add-ons, extensions and plugins. Anvi Slim Toolbar is also available for repairing web browser problem caused by malicious toolbars or other malwares such as adware,browser hijacker and redirect virus.
- Direct Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
- 1 Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar. On the main screen of this program, please click on the Scan button to scan your computer.
- 2 Click on the Manage button to view details about the found toolbars and remove the unwanted one.
- 3 Click on the Browser Repair button to repair your browser. Select the relative browser that you need to repair. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Note: Chances are exist that it fails to detect some malicious toolbars or repair browser settings, in such case please report the malicious toolbar and domain to us then will analyze and add them to our database as soon as possible.
Step 3. Clean residual files, invalid registry entries and junk files using Cloud System Booster
- After the Websearch.soft-quick.info program has been removed from your system, some residual files maybe still in there. To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System Booster by clicking download link below:
- Cloud System Booster download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
- After the download and install, please click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)
Malware Prevention Tips (IMPORTANT)
- To make sure the computer is clean from Websearch.soft-quick.info and any potential malware infections, you are highly recommended to use Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to protect your computer.
- Anvi Smart Defender is a brand new anti-malware software designed to protect your PC from being infected with computer virus and malware. Featuring with the powerful Cloud Scan Technologies and daily updated database, Anvi Smart Defender can detect, block and remove latest malware threats including Trojan, ransomware, worms, backdoors and malicious adware. Anvi Smart Defender is devote to providing advanced Internet security solution for computer users.
- Download Anvi Smart Defender and have a try: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
- Important Tips: To block Popup ads and any unwanted or malicious website, you can take advantage of this ads-block tool--Anvi AD Blocker(which is available and free in Toolbox of Anvi Smart Defender Pro, the picture shown above). Anvi AD Blocker is designed to automatically filter and block malicious websites, phishing sites, pop-up ads, etc. to build a solid browser hijacker defense to your system. Please click the “Free Download” picture below to download this tool directly.
- For instance, to block the Websearch.soft-quick.info from your web browser, you can just add this Websearch.soft-quick.info to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter websearch.soft-quick.info in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change.
Recommendation for Slow PC
- ---Slow PC Booster--Anvi Ultimate Defrag---Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a safe, quick and efficient tool for users to improve their computer performance by analyzing fragmented files, cleaning system junk files, repairing bad disk sectors and defragging hard drives. Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a brand-new utility that allows you to defrag multiple drives simultaneously as well as defrag removable drives such as mobile disk and USB drive.
---PC Startup Booster-- Anvi Startup Booster---Anvi Startup Booster is developed to help users start their Windows faster and smarter by simplifying start-up process, optimizing system settings, deactivating unnecessary programs and configuring network settings.