GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) becomes your browser homepage and default search engine without your consent? GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) is safe or not? How to remove it? Continue to read.
what is GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) Redirect?
Similar to Infospace.com, GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) is also classified as a browser hijacker virus which comes into your system without users consent and performs no good things to your computer.
GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) is powered by GamesGoFree.com, a online game website. GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) seems like it is a legitimate search engine, but in reality, it is fake and will not provide you with any reliable search results related to your queries. This threat blocks you from browsing the web pages while you are trying to surf on your Internet browser. And it can hijacker the browsers you have installed such as Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) is available in most versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Once installed, GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) browser hijacker causes many annoying issues and make your PC at great risk, such as your default search engine, your browser homepage will be changed without your permission. You may receive many annoying pop up advertisements and when you search for something you might be redirected to some other unknown website which may contains malicious programs.
GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) is an ads-supported search providers and the search results from this site are full of advertisements and sponsored links. You may find that when you use this fake search engine you will be redirected to some other unknown site where ads and sponsored links occupied the results page. You are nor recommended to use it and keep it on your computer.
How your computer gets infected with GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) Redirect?
Usually GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) enters into your computer bundled with free applications such as videos, free utilities which you download from Internet. When you download and install these programs you may also agree to change your browser settings without much attention.
If your computer is infected with GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) virus, you will definitely have a hard time to browse online. You should remove this GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) as soon as possible before it make more damage to your PC.
Similar Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus:
Holasearch.com,Www.govome.com,FindWide,Help Me Find Your Info Hijacker,BasicScan.com,Software Education Hijacker,Hotstartsearch.com,Mixmeister Search,Delta Search Hijacker,VGrabber Browser Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com,Buscaid.com,Noticiasalpunto.com,Searchzone.com,Startpins Redirect,Pageset Redirect,Prize Party,Fastsurveyworld.net,SearchTermResults.com,Globososo Browser Hijacker,Click.efacts.com,imitsearch.net Redirect,Bigseekpro.com Hijacker,iSoft Online Search,Systemcare-antivirus.org Redirect,Search.smartsuggestor.com,Theallsearches.com Redirect,Chatzum.com,Mystart.smilebox.com Redirect,BuscaID.com Redirect,QSearch.com Hijacker, Somoto.com,Onlinefwd.com (http://onlinefwd.com/),Flirt.com,en.v9.com,Click.Scour.com Redirect,MyPlayCity Search,Freecorder.com,Inksdata.com,Search.rpidity.com(Http://search.rpidity.com/),Arcade Safari (Arcadesafari.com),Basicseek.com,http://frameseek.com/,Websearch.youwillfind.info,Clickorati.com,isearch.babylon.com,V9tr.com,BrowserSeek Search,UStart Redirect,Cherchi.biz RedirectAdvertising-support.com,fastfreesearch.com,Websearch+ (websearch.brandthunder.com),Gotostat.ru,Websearch.lookforithere.info,QuiBids.com,Search.snapdo.com,MySearchDial Redirect,WebBrowserSearch.com,Http://pcspeedplus.com/scan/，Searchpig.net, Search.creativetoolbars.com, Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com, Cpvfeed.mediatraffic.com,Search.alot.com, Dnsbasic.com,SafeSearch.net,Zwangi.com,Websearch.searchrocket.info,Brothersoft,Findwebnow.com,Searchalgo.com,isearch.avg.com,Websearch.just-browse.info, Search.smartaddressbar.com,Qone8.com,Search.softonic.com,Flipora Search,Search.ueep.com,HotSearch.com,WebSearch.pu-result.info,WebSearch.a-searchpage.info, Search.beamrise.com,GlobaSearch.com,Websearch.searchsupporter.info.
GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) Browser Hijacker Removal Instructions Overview
- Step 1. Uninstall unfamiliar and suspicious program from Computer
Step 2. Remove unfamiliar extensions and reset your browsers(manually)
Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions using Anvi Slim Toolbar
Step 3. Clean residual files, invalid registry entries and junk files using Cloud System Booster
Malware Prevention Tips
Step 1 Uninstall GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) related program from Computer through Control Panel
Windows 7/Vista users:
- Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel". Locate "Programs", "Uninstall a Program". Look for GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) related program, select this entry and click Uninstall.
Windows XP users:
- Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel". Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) related program, select this entry and click Remove.
- Please note, GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) related program may vary by name and you are suggested to uninstall any suspicious or unfamiliar third party program.
Step 2. Remove unfamiliar extensions and reset your browsers
* For Internet Explorer
- 1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- 2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for any unwanted add-on and remove it if located.
- 3. Click on Search providers, remove the GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) engines from the list.
- 3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://home.gamesgofree.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation.
* For Mozilla Firefox
- 1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
- 2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the any unwanted add-on extensions and plugins and remove or disable it.
- 3. Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- 4. Type "Keyword.url ",“browser.search.defaultengine”,then “browser.search.selectedengine”, "browser.newtab.url" in the search box,Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the GamesGoFree Search won’t launch on itself.
- 5. Go to Tools> Options> General> Replace http://home.gamesgofree.com/ with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
*For Google Chrome
- 1 Click on Wrench or 3-Bars icon next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions,disable or uninstall unwanted extensions .
- If this extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled, click here to learn-How to Remove a Managed Google Chrome extension.
- 2 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘settings’ > ‘Manage search engines'.
Click on the X to remove GamesGoFree Search and make google.com as your default search engine.
- 3 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Appearances’> ‘Show Home button’, click on the Change button to change your browser homepage.
Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions and Repair Browsers using Anvi Slim Toolbar
- Anvi Slim Toolbar is a secure, expeditious and user-friendly tool developed by Anvisoft to better help computer users detect and remove malicious toolbars, browser add-ons, extensions and plugins. Anvi Slim Toolbar is also available for repairing web browser problem caused by malicious toolbars or other malwares such as adware,browser hijacker and redirect virus.
- Direct Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
- 1 Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar. On the main screen of this program, please click on the Scan button to scan your computer.
- 2 Click on the Manage button to view details about the found toolbars and remove the unwanted one.
- 3 Click on the Browser Repair button to repair your browser. Select the relative browser that you need to repair. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Note: Chances are exist that it fails to detect some malicious toolbars or repair browser settings, in such case please report the malicious toolbar and domain to us then will analyze and add them to our database as soon as possible.
Step 3. Clean residual files, invalid registry entries and junk files using Cloud System Booster
- After the GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) program has been removed from your system, some residual files maybe still in there. To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System Booster by clicking download link below:
- Cloud System Booster download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
- After the download and install, please click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)
Malware Prevention Tips (IMPORTANT)
- To make sure the computer is clean from GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) and any potential malware infections, you are highly recommended to use Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to protect your computer.
- Anvi Smart Defender is a brand new anti-malware software designed to protect your PC from being infected with computer virus and malware. Featuring with the powerful Cloud Scan Technologies and daily updated database, Anvi Smart Defender can detect, block and remove latest malware threats including Trojan, ransomware, worms, backdoors and malicious adware. Anvi Smart Defender is devote to providing advanced Internet security solution for computer users.
- Download Anvi Smart Defender and have a try: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
- Important Tips: To block pop up ads and any unwanted or malicious website, you can take advantage of this ads-block tool--Anvi AD Blocker(which is available and free in Toolbox of Anvi Smart Defender Pro, the picture shown above). Anvi AD Blocker is designed to automatically filter and block malicious websites, phishing sites, pop-up ads, etc. to build a solid browser hijacker defense to your system. Please click the “Free Download” picture below to download this tool directly.
- For instance, to block the GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) from your web browser, you can just add this GamesGoFree Search(home.gamesgofree.com) to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter www.home.gamesgofree.com in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change.
Good luck and be safe online.