What is Securesearch.lavasoft.com Redirect?
Securesearch.lavasoft.com is classified as an browser redirect virus which is a potentially unwanted program. Once installed, Securesearch.lavasoft.com causes many annoying issues and poses a huge risk for your PC, such as your default search engine, your browser homepage will be changed without your permission. You may receive many annoying pop up advertisements and when you search for something you might be redirected to some other unknown website which may contains malicious programs.
A screenshot of Securesearch.lavasoft.com redirect virus:
Mainly it causes frequent web redirects to wrong websites, and leads you to unexpected webpage which contain paid content and advertisement for the user. This activity is due to the fact that a piece of malicious code such as Trojan enhancement changes your browser settings so that right URLs can be replaced with wrong ones. It seems to be an alternative search option left for you but in reality it is a bogus program. So it is recommended for you to remove Securesearch.lavasoft.comRedirect virus from your PC as soon as possible.
How your PC get infected with Securesearch.lavasoft.com virus?
- 1 Using infected Network Drives.
2 Attacks from executable code scripts.
3 Using infected removal storage devices.
4 Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
5 Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
6 Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
Similar Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus:
Holasearch.com,Www.govome.com,FindWide,Help Me Find Your Info Hijacker,BasicScan.com,Software Education Hijacker,Hotstartsearch.com,Mixmeister Search,Delta Search Hijacker,VGrabber Browser Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com,Buscaid.com,Noticiasalpunto.com,Searchzone.com,Startpins Redirect,Pageset Redirect,Prize Party,Fastsurveyworld.net,SearchTermResults.com,Globososo Browser Hijacker,Click.efacts.com,imitsearch.net Redirect,Bigseekpro.com Hijacker,iSoft Online Search,Systemcare-antivirus.org Redirect,Search.smartsuggestor.com,Theallsearches.com Redirect,Chatzum.com,Mystart.smilebox.com Redirect,BuscaID.com Redirect,QSearch.com Hijacker, Somoto.com,Onlinefwd.com (http://onlinefwd.com/),Flirt.com,en.v9.com,Click.Scour.com Redirect,MyPlayCity Search,Freecorder.com,Inksdata.com,Search.rpidity.com(Http://search.rpidity.com/),Arcade Safari (Arcadesafari.com),Basicseek.com,http://frameseek.com/,Websearch.youwillfind.info,Clickorati.com,isearch.babylon.com,V9tr.com,BrowserSeek Search,UStart Redirect,Cherchi.biz RedirectAdvertising-support.com,fastfreesearch.com,Websearch+ (websearch.brandthunder.com),Gotostat.ru,Websearch.lookforithere.info,QuiBids.com,Search.snapdo.com,MySearchDial Redirect,WebBrowserSearch.com,Http://pcspeedplus.com/scan/，Searchpig.net, Search.creativetoolbars.com, Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com, Cpvfeed.mediatraffic.com,Search.alot.com, Dnsbasic.com,SafeSearch.net,Zwangi.com,Websearch.searchrocket.info,Brothersoft,Findwebnow.com,Searchalgo.com,isearch.avg.com,Websearch.just-browse.info, Search.smartaddressbar.com,Qone8.com,Search.softonic.com,Flipora Search,Search.ueep.com,HotSearch.com,WebSearch.pu-result.info，WebSearch.a-searchpage.info, Search.beamrise.com,GlobaSearch.com,Websearch.searchsupporter.info.
Since Securesearch.lavasoft.com perform no any fruitful thing for your computer, you should remove Securesearch.lavasoft.com from your computer in order to make your system safe again.
How to Remove Securesearch.lavasoft.com Redirect Virus?(Removal Guide)
Step 1 > Uninstall Securesearch.lavasoft.com related program from Computer through Control Panel
Windows 7/Vista users:
Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel". Locate "Programs", "Uninstall a Program". Look for Securesearch.lavasoft.com related program, select this entry and click Uninstall.
Windows XP users:
Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel". Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for Securesearch.lavasoft.com related program, select this entry and click Remove.
- Please note, Securesearch.lavasoft.com related program may vary by name and you are suggested to uninstall any third party program that suspiciously related or unfamiliar. By the way, you'd better consider the recent installed program tracing back to time of the Securesearch.lavasoft.com redirects appearance.
Step 2. Remove Securesearch.lavasoft.com and related malware infections using Anvi Smart Defender anti-malware
To make sure the computer is clean from Securesearch.lavasoft.com redirects and any potential malware infections related, you are supposed to use a trustworthy antimalware perform a full scan to remove any detected malware parts from the computer. And here we recommend you the Anvi Smart Defender antimalware and use it for demonstration.
Please download the recommended antimalware-Anti Smart Defender by clicking download link below .
Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware Software safe and direct download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
- 1. Install the free or paid version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware software.
- 2. Once Anvi Smart Defender is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Anvi Smart Defender you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Anvi Smart Defender on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to Settings > Update tab.
- 3. On the second tab labeled “Scan” select the perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Anvi Smart Defender will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
- 4. Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. (Click Detail to see detailed results similar as shown in below). Click on Remove button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
step 3. Remove Securesearch.lavasoft.com from IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
* For Internet Explorer
- 1 Click arrow on the right of search box
- 2 Do following: On IE8-9 choose Manage Search providers, On ie7 click change search defaults
- 3 Remove the Securesearch.lavasoft.com engines from the list
- 4 Remove Securesearch.lavasoft.com from start page as well
* For Mozilla Firefox
- 1 Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page
- 2 Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- 3 Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- 4 Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
- 5 Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the Securesearch.lavasoft.com won’t launch on each new tab.
*For Google Chrome
- 1 Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar
- 2 Select Settings
- 3 Select Basics ->Manage Search engines
- 4 Remove unnecessary search engines from list
- 5 Go back to settings. On Startup choose open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
step 4. Reset your homepage
* Internet Explorer
Go to Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://securesearch.lavasoft.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
* Google Chrome
You need to click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change on the Home button and enter the the address that you wish to use as your home page.
* Mozilla Firefox
Go to Tools> Settings> General> Replace http://securesearch.lavasoft.com/ with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
Step 5. Block redirects to Securesearch.lavasoft.com as well as pop up ads using Anvi Ad Blocker
To block Securesearch.lavasoft.com and pop up ads, you can take all advantages of this ads blocking tool- Anvi AD Blocker, which is created to filter malicious websites, phishing websites, pop up ads/flash as well as other websites that you don't want.
To block Securesearch.lavasoft.com from your web browser, you can just add this Securesearch.lavasoft.com to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter securesearch.lavasoft.com in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change.
Now you can better enjoy your surfing online without any annoying pop ups or redirections to this websites.
Anvi Ad Blocker is able to better protect the computer from various malware infections distributed via pop ups or malicious websites. Furthermore, it can even speed up the loading page when you are surfing online by filtering the needless ads. Buy it now.
Step 6. Clean residing files, invalid registry entries and junk files using Cloud System Booster
To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System Booster by clicking download link below:
Cloud System Booster download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
After the download and install, please click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)
Good luck and be safe online.