Are you bothered by Ask search and Ask toolbar? This article will help you fix the problem. If you have difficulty in removing such unwanted applications from your browsers, then read on and check out what we provide here. What we offer here is a complete removal guide to help you change back your browser settings and eliminate ask related items from your system. Check to see whether it helps.
Ask.com search and related toolbars are classified as potential unwanted programs which are promoted and spread via other free programs. Once captures your computer, they will do a series modifications to your system, like hijack your installed browsers by changing original homepage and default search provider to ask.com, nl.ask.com, search.ask.com, or other similar websites. In fact, ask.com browser hijacker made its first appearance several years ago which may date back to 2008, or even earlier. Such browser hijacker seems to continue its infections to more computer users in different variants, from earlier known domain search.ask.com to recently found nl.ask.com. Our suggestion here is remove Ask.com search and related toolbars as soon as possible to avoid further risks such as bring more third-party applications to your computer.
The screenshot of nl.ask.com:
Ask Toolbar And Ask Browser Hijacker Removal Instructions:
Step 1: Remove Ask toolbar from the Control Panel:
- Please note that Ask toolbar may change the title anytime, so just search for items that are unknown or suspicious.
• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Find Ask toolbar> Click on Remove.
• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Find Ask toolbar> click on Uninstall.
Uninstall Ask toolbar by using Cloud System Booster's Anvi Uninstaller.
1. Download Cloud System Booster. (You also need this tool in the final step to remove ask.com search registry entries, browser cookies, etc.)
2. Install and launch the program after download completes.
3. Switch to Expert mode, and click on Toolbox.
4. Click on Anvi Uninstaller, and run the program.
5. Find Ask toolbar and hit Uninstall. (Check the Recently Installed box to find Ask toolbar more easily).
Step 2: Repair your browser settings.
- Internet Explorer
1. Remove nl.ask.com from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace nl.ask.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Change default search provider, and remove Nl.ask.com from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove nl.ask.com from the list.
1. Remove nl.ask.com from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> mouse-over to the nl.ask.com and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove nl.ask.com from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change
Remove nl.ask.com from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
3. Change default search provider, and remove Nl.ask.com from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove nl.ask.com from the list.
4. Remove nl.ask.com associated add-ons through managing Extensions.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete Nl.ask.com related add-ons from the list.
Note: The extension may under a different name, thus search for and delete programs that are suspicious or under similar file name.
1. Remove nl.ask.com from the homepage.
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Options> General> Replace nl.ask.com with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Remove nl.ask.com from opened new tabs.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning
Search for browser.newtab.url in the search bar >Right click on the result and select Modify> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Change the default search provider of Firefox.
Search for browser.search.defaultenginename instead of browser.newtab.url (refer to step b.) in the search bar > Right click on the name and select Modify> Type Google (e.g.) in the box> Hit Ok to complete the change.
4. Remove nl.ask.com from the search provider list.
Click on the Google icon and select Manage Search Engines…. Select nl.ask.com and hit Remove, then click OK to complete the change.
Step 3: Remove nl.ask.com registry entries.
- 1. Download Cloud System Booster by clicking the Download button below, and save the file to your desktop.
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster> Click on the gear icon located on top right of the interface
3. Go to Settings> Boost> Cleaner> Privacy Clean> Manually check the option: 'Internet Explorer Cookies','Mozilla Firefox Cookies','Google Chrome Cookies' (Other options such as registry clean, registry error fix and Opera caches are checked by default) > Hit Ok to return to main interface.
4. Click on BOOST button, and follow its instruction to clear all junks found.
Browser Hijacker Like Ask.com Search Prevention Tips:
- The simplest way to filter and block malicious and phishing websites from affecting you is keep real-time guard of your PC.
Anvi AD Blocker is born to stop malicious and fishing sites from affecting you by automatically blocking and filtering suspicious websites, popup ads and risky banners.
You can also add a specific one in its block list.
You ONLY need to Download Anvi AD Blocker> Install and run the program> Click MORE on top right of the main screen then select Settings> Click Blacklist> Hit Add URL> Enter the URL that you want to block> Hit Add and close the window> Click Apply to save all changes.
Anvi AD Blocker Download
Note: After downloading and installing Anvi AD Blocker v2.1, you can enjoy a 15-day free trial. You can buy one to further guard your online safety and keep your web browser safe and clean after your trial expires.