My browsers have been taken over by search.fastaddressbar.com, I managed to change the homepage back, but the new tabs are still opened with this stuff. How to stop search.fastaddressbar.com from showing up? Is there any suggestion regarding the removal of this redirect? Thanks.
The problem is solved. This article offers you two different ways to permanently eliminate Fast Address Bar. Check for more detailed information below.
What is Fast Address Bar (Search.fastaddressbar.com) browser hijacker?
A new browser hijacker emerges after search.smartaddressbar.com is eliminated, and that is Search.fastaddressbar.com, a new variant of the former. The Fast Address Bar add-on and search.smartaddressbar.com are brought to your computer after you download and install some freeware that is bundled with such third-party application. Things often goes like: when you try to install a freeware, the installation will entrap you to change existing browser settings, such as make search.fastaddressbar.com the homepage and default search provider of IE/FF/Chrome, which may end with all installed browsers on your PC to start up and redirect to this domain.
Fast Address Bar is an unethical toolbar for Firefox and Internet Explore, but it won’t infect Chrome, for Google does not allow illegitimate third party developers to promote notorious tools in their extension storage. But it is still able to hijack your Google Chrome, such as change the default homepage and search provider of your Chrome. Search.fastaddressbar.com Quick specs are as follows:
Malware Type: Browser Hijacker
Threat Level: Severe/High
Suggestion: Remove it as soon as possible.
Tool Needed for The Fix: Cloud System Booster: Scan- to eliminate possible malware and virus threat. PC Tuneup- clean out Govome.com registry entries.
Search.fastaddressbar.com Search Screenshot:
---------------- Method One ----------------
Step 1: Uninstall Sarch.fastaddressbar.com Related Toolbars from Windows Control Panel.
- • Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for sarch.fastaddressbar.com related items> Click on Remove.
• Windows 7: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for sarch.fastaddressbar.com related items> click on Uninstall.
Note: Once sarch.fastaddressbar.com Toolbar is removed from the Control Panel of your computer, the extensions installed on Internet Explore and Mozilla Firefox will be cleared automatically, so you don’t need a manual removal later. However, your Google Chrome still needs a manual FIX.
Step 2: Repair your browser settings.
- Internet Explorer
1. Remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://Sarch.fastaddressbar.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Change default search provider, and remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the list.
1. Remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> mouse-over to the Sarch.fastaddressbar.com and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change
Remove http://Sarch.fastaddressbar.com/ from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
3. Change default search provider, and remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the list.
1. Remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the homepage.
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Options> General> Replace http://Sarch.fastaddressbar.com with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Reset changed items of your Firefox.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning
Search for Sarch.fastaddressbar.com, Sarch.fastaddressbar, fastaddressbar or other related key words in the search bar> Right click on each item and select Reset> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Remove Sarch.fastaddressbar.com from the search provider list.
Click on the Google icon and select Manage Search Engines…. Select Startpage.com and hit Remove, then click OK to complete the change.
Step 3: Clear corrupt residues of Sarch.fastaddressbar.com, including registry keys, cookies, caches, etc. with Cloud System Booster
- 1. Download Cloud System Booster by clicking the Download button below, and save the file to your desktop.
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster> Click on the gear icon located on top right of the interface
3. Go to Settings> Boost> Cleaner> Privacy Clean> Manually check the option: 'Internet Explorer Cookies','Mozilla Firefox Cookies','Google Chrome Cookies' (Other options such as registry clean, registry error fix and Opera caches are checked by default) > Hit Ok to return to main interface.
4. Click on BOOST button, and follow its instruction to clear all junks found.
Other benefits you can gain from Cloud System Booster:
^ Clean up system trash files
^ Clean up Registry trash
^ Remove 3rd application temp files
^ Clean Windows history records
^ Clear Web history
^ Clean start menu records
^ Fix registry errors
^ Repair invalid and wrong file extension
---------------- Method Two ----------------
Step 1: Boot your PC into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press and hold the F8 key until you are brought to the Advanced Boot Options screen as your computer restarts. (If you get a stuck key message during the process, then tap the F8 key continuously instead). Use the arrow key to highlight Safe Mode with Command Prompt, and press Enter to continue.
Note: make sure you login your computer with administrative privileges.
Step 2: After the Command Prompt appears type “explorer” and hit Enter. You only have few seconds to do this operation, if you fail to do so, redo the process.
Step 3: Once Windows Explorer shows up, browse to:
- Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Win Vista/7: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Step 4: Follow the instruction to restore your computer to an earlier date before the infection.
Step 5: Boot your computer into normal mode.
------------- Recommended -------------
As an active online user, there is a great chance that you may run into some malicious websites or phishing sites while surfing online. Thus, you need to browse smart so as to avoid being a victim of cybercriminals or annoying pop-up ads. Yet, it’s impossible for us to be cautious of every browse or be on the alert for every click, then a solid and powerful security suite is required to help you guard your PC, and protect it from all sorts of existent online threats, as well as emerging ones.
Anvi AD Blocker is born to protect your PC from falling prey to virus attacks and other online frauds. Download one to stop malicious and fishing sites from affecting you. Learn more here.
Get A 15-Day Trial Here:
For any question, please leave a comment below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.