Browsers get caught up with http://start.sweetpacks.com/? Can’t perform a complete removal? How to stop this browser redirect virus? This article is going to help you fix start.sweetpacks.com hijacking problem. Read on to get more information.
Start.sweetpacks.com is categorized as a sneaky browser hijacker, which is also known as the Start sweetpacks redirect virus. On seeing the domain name: start.sweetpacks.com, we recall another browser hijacker search.sweetpacks.com. You may have already noticed that the two domains are similar in name, and they share the same logo, layout and interface. Probably we can say start.sweetpacks.com is another variant of search.sweetpacks.com.
The Screenshot of Start.sweetpacks.com:
Start.sweetpacks.com is designed with the ability to change certain browser settings and stop some normal functions of your browsers so as to overtake it. It often invites itself into your PC without your consent, that’s probably why you find it’s invasive and annoying. What’s more, search queries through this domain often refer to some sponsored links and commercial ads. Another important reason why we should be very careful about this domain lies in its malicious behavior, such as transfers and records user online habits, which may result in privacy compromise.
Start.sweetpacks.com Removal Instructions:
Step 1: To make the removal easier, scan you PC with Anvi Smart Defender to disable virus, and malware process.
- Anvi Smart Defender Official Download：
Free version: (Full ability in detecting and removing virus, rootkits, Trojan, and other malware)
Pro version: (+ Real-time guard of your PC.+ automatic malware database update, and other extra benefits.)
(30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE)
Step 2: Remove start.sweetpacks.com related toolbars/applications/software from the Control Panel:
- • Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Find start.sweetpacks.com related toolbars/applications/software> Click on Remove.
• Windows 7: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> start.sweetpacks.com related toolbars/applications/software > click on Uninstall.
Step 3: Repair your browser settings.
- Internet Explorer
1. Remove start.sweetpacks.com from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://start.sweetpacks.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Change default search provider, and remove Start.sweetpacks.com from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove start.sweetpacks.com from the list.
1. Remove start.sweetpacks.com from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> mouse-over to the start.sweetpacks.com and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove start.sweetpacks.com from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change
Remove http://start.sweetpacks.com/ from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
3. Change default search provider, and remove Start.sweetpacks.com from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove Start.sweetpacks.com from the list.
4. Remove start.sweetpacks.com associated add-ons through managing Extensions.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete Start.sweetpacks.com related add-ons from the list.
Note: The extension may under a different name, thus search for and delete programs that are suspicious or under similar file name.
1. Remove start.sweetpacks.com from the homepage.
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Options> General> Replace http://start.sweetpacks.com with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Reset changed items of your Firefox.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning
Search for start.sweetpacks.com in the search bar >Right click on each item and select Reset> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Remove start.sweetpacks.com from the search provider list.
Click on the S icon and select Manage Search Engines…. Select Start.sweetpacks.com and hit Remove, then click OK to complete the change.
Step 4: Check Windows HOSTS file and remove additional malicious entries.
- Go to: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Open the hosts file with Notepad, and you should see below image.
If you see more lines of code and IPs, delete them
Click here to learn in details.
Step 5: Remove Start.sweetpacks.com registry entries
- Run Anvi Smart Defender and switch to PC Tuneup tab, and hit Care Now. Wait the progress to complete, and follow ASD’s instruction to remove all threats found.
Start.sweetpacks.com is supposed to be completely removed from your browsers. If you have met any unexpected situation during the removal please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.