Are you discouraged by websearch.com and trying to search for a valid solution to fix the redirect problem? Good news here is we offer you a removal guide that is extremely simple, yet effective in removing this annoying browser hijacker. Read on for more information if you want to reconfigure your browser settings.
Websearch.com is being promoted via Trojan, hacked websites or free software installer. If you download and install a freeware which is bundled with websearch.com, you are likely to get this browser hijacker installed on your computer. After captures your system, it will hijack your browser homepage, replace your default search engine and redirect your queries to some unrelated websites. Additionally, it will display ads and sponsored links in your search results, and will collect search terms and other sensitive data, such as credit card details.
See the Screenshot of websearch.com:
If you have no notion of what is a browser hijacker, and websearch.com as a legitimate search engine, then you are likely to accept it and use it, this is what the domain makers want to see: make all infected computer users victims of this invasive redirect virus.
How to avoid getting infected with such browser hijacker as websearch.com?
. Avoid clicking on suspicious links when browse online.
. Avoid clicking on spam email, or download attachment contained within a suspicious email.
. Avoid downloading software from unknown or suspicious website. Choose trustworthy download site.
. Keep away from questionable websites for some are designed malicious to infect your system through security holes.
. Guard your PC with Anvi AD Blocker to block and filter malicious phishing sites, and pop-up advertisements.
Websearch.com Removal Guide:
- Step 1: Uninstall websearch.com toolbar from Windows Control Panel.
Step 2: Repair your browser settings. (IE/Chrome/FF)
Step 3: Run a system cleaner to remove websearch.com registry keys and other residual damage.
View in details:
Step 1: Uninstall websearch.com toolbar from Windows Control Panel.
- Please note that websearch.com may change the title anytime, so just search for items that are unknown or suspicious.
• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for the name ‘websearch.com’ or any related items> Click on Remove.
• Windows 7: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for the name ‘websearch.com’ or any related items> click on Uninstall.
Step 2: Repair your browser settings.
- Internet Explorer
1. Remove Websearch.com from the homepage:
Tips: Press the Alt key to reveal menu bar of IE& FF
Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://websearch.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation
2. Remove Websearch.com from the new tab.
Tools> Internet Options> General> Find the Tabs area, and click on Settings> Click on the button under: When a new tab is opened, open: > Select A blank page> Hit OK to complete the operation.
3. Remove websearch.com related add-ons, or similar extensions under a different name.
Tools > Manage Add-ons > Find websearch.com related add-ons> Right click on them and select Disable
Note: If a pop-up window shows up asking you to disable other add-ons from this publisher, choose Disable.
4. Change default search provider, and remove websearch.com from the list.
Tools> Manage Add-ons> Search Providers> Choose to set a preferred one as default search provider by clicking Set as default button> Remove websearch.com from the list.
1. Remove websearch.com from the Startup pages of Chrome.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> mouse-over to the websearch.com and click the X symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.
2. Remove websearch.com from the homepage.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Appearance section click Change> Type the desired website and click OK to set it as the default homepage.
3. Change default search provider, and remove Websearch.com from the search engines list.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In Search section click Manage search engines…> Choose to set another preferred one as the default search engine by clicking Make default> Remove websearch.com from the list.
4. Remove websearch.com related add-ons through managing Extensions.
Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete websearch.com or extensions under a similar name.
1. Remove Websearch.com from the homepage.
Tools> Options> General> Replace http://websearch.com with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
2. Remove Websearch.com from opened new tabs.
Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning> Search for browser.newtab.url in the search bar >Right click on the result and select Modify> Hit OK to apply the change.
3. Change the default search provider of Firefox.
Search for browser.search.defaultenginename instead of browser.newtab.url (in step b.) in the search bar > Right click on the name and select Modify> Type Google (e.g.) in the box> Hit Ok to complete the change.
4. Remove websearch.com related add-ons.
Tools > Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A) > Extensions> Find and Remove websearch.com related add-ons..
Step 3: Clear corrupt residues of websearch.com, including registry keys, cookies, caches, etc. with Cloud System Booster
- 1. Download Cloud System Booster by clicking the Download button below, and save the file to your desktop.
2. Install and launch Cloud System Booster> Click on the gear icon located on top right of the interface
3.Go to Settings> Boost> Cleaner> Privacy Clean> Manually check the option: 'Internet Explorer Cookies','Mozilla Firefox Cookies','Google Chrome Cookies' (Other options such as registry clean, registry error fix and Opera caches are checked by default) > Hit Ok to return to main interface.
4. Click on BOOST button, and follow its instruction to clear all junks found.
Restart your computer to enjoy a clean system.