Hijacked by pageset.com and search results seem odd with Pageset search? Read this post to find out more about Pageset and pageset.com hijacker removal guide.
Since many of our readers sent their queries about the wired activity of pageset.com to us, we’ve done a research on this issue and here objectively releave what we obersved to the mass for proper awareness on this issue.
Pageset (pageset.com) is categorized as a browser hijacker that often comes bundled with freeware or shareware installation from the Internet. Once installed, it will change Internet browser homepage settings, causing affected Internet browsers to direct to pageset.com search engine or third party website upon startup.
Pageset.com may appear as a legit website that provides games, searches and other leisure online tools. However, pageset is a potentially danger to personal information as well as the functionality of comptuer. That means if pageset takes over your browser now, your computer is more likely to get infected with malware, virues, trojans, or annoying advertisetment pop ups.
About Pageset Games
Although pageset games claims to provide instant access to free onlin games withoug downloads, pageset games uses java script to offer free games and collect, distribute, store, and seel user information, uncluding personal and private information detailed
Hence, pageset.com is considered dangerous for many reasons concerning invasion of privacy and cyber criminal activity. And if you want to get rid of this pageset(pageset.com) from your computer, refer to below detailed removal guide.
How to Get Rid of Pageset from IE, Firefox, Chrome (Uninstall Guide)
The only steps necessary to protect yourself against pageset risks is to clear internet browser cookies, remove Pageset.com as your home page, and never visist Pageset.com again.
Here and now, to ensure the computer is totally clean from potential risks, see to follow below steps all way up.
First off, to ensure your computer is clean from any related malware infections so as to facilitate below removal steps for pageset, please use an antimalware tool like Anvi Smart Defender to full scan the OS. Anvi Smart Defender (free version direct download)
Step 1> Remove Pageset Cookies
The first step in removing any internet browser hijacker is to clear your browser cache and cookies. You can clear your cache and cookies in your internet browser settings, options, or preferences.
Step 2> Remove Add-ons and Extensions
Pageset does not install add-ons and extensions though may bundle with malicious extensions. If you suspect third party applications have hijacked or infected your system, it is recommended to search through the list of installed extension per each internet browser installed on your computer.
• Chrome: Wrench Icon > Tools > Extensions
• Firefox: Tools > Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A)
• Internet Explorer: Tools > Manage Add-ons
Step 3>Remove Provided Search Engines
In some scenarios Pageset or third party search engines have been added to the list of integrated provided search engines on your internet browser. It is recommended to search through your list of (managed) provided search engines in order to remove Pageset.com or third party sites which may have affected your internet browser.
Changes to Provided Search Engines due to malware, viruses, and Trojans may often cause internet browsers to redirect to unwanted websites like Pageset.com.
• Chrome: Wrench Icon > Settings > Manage Search Engines
• Firefox: Tools > Search Icon (Magnify Glass, Arrow) > Manage Search Engines
• Internet Explorer: Tools > Manage Add-ons > Search Providers
Step 4> Remove Pageset.com Home Page
Remove Pageset.com as your home page on each internet browser installed on your computer.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, and navigate to Tools->Internet Options.
2. Find the “General” tab and in the “Homepage” area click the “Use default” button or change the URL to your preferred website.
3. Click “OK” and then click your homepage icon again.
1. Open Firefox and then go to Tools -> Options.
2. Under the General tab, locate the “Startup”/”Home Page” area and click “Restore to Default” or change the URL to your preferred website.
3. Click “OK” and then click your homepage icon again.
1. Open Google Chrome as usual. Click on the wrench icon in the upper-right corner and then click Settings.
2. In the “On Startup” section, click “Set pages” and remove any lines for Pageset by clicking the “x” icons and click “OK” when finished.
3. If you set Pageset in your Home button, find the “Appearance” section and click the “change” link under “Show Home Button” and remove the Pageset URL, then click “OK”.
4. Now close all open Chrome browsers
Protect Your Computer from Pageset Risks and Other Potential Malware Infections
You may keep Anvi Smart Defender on your computer to better protect your computer and privacy together with the installed antivirus. Created in a smart, light way, Anvi Smart Defender (direct download) is focused on malware detection and removal, as well as positive guard against rampant PC online threats of all sorts.
To block the risky pageset.com or filter other unwanted sites by real-timely monitoring online activities, you may take all advantages of Anvi Ad blocker. Besides an affiliated database of malicious URLs to this nimble tool, you can also use it to conveniently filter the unwanted sites such as pageset.com by going to MORE->Settings->Blackliist->Add URL, typing in “pageset.com” or any other URL you don’t want and clicking Add to save the change and clicking X to close the window. Then click Apply to make it effective and click X to close the settings window. That’s it. Below is a detailed guide to do so, you may just check it out.
By the way, this Anvi Ad Blocker free trial 9direct download) will expire in 15 days. However it is integrated in the Toolbox of Anvi Smart Defender Pro, available for free. So do other tools like Cloud System Booster, Browser repair tool, Windows Update Downloader, etc.
If any question on the pageset removal, please leave it below. If any query about the software we stated or recommended here, please feel free to contact our Technical Help Center Online. Anvisoft is at your service.