A slow computer is frustrating. Read this post for emergency tips to troubleshoot your slow computer.
The OS constantly reports running errors? Computer freezes or even gets crashed every now and then? Here in this post you will learn some emergency tips to speed up a slow PC and what is more important, get a plan for such issue.
What Cause a Slow Computer?
Frankly, many aspects can affect the computer running speed and performance. To make it clear and logic, I will simply present you with some common computer errors and the main reasons related in most cases in the list below.
If the computer is clean from any virus infections, common computer issues and corresponding reasons are here to stay:
- Retarding responding of the entire OS to your movements ---Lack of disk space (This scenario can result from junk files, excessive unnecessary programs installed, too many tasks processing at the same time, comparatively low configuration of the computer.)
Sudden OS freezing---too many tasks processing at the same time
Occasional OS errors and slow OS running--bloated registry files or registry errors or incompatible programs installed
OS crashed---serious system errors in terms of either software or hardware
Programs unable for normal use--- incompatibility or the program consuming overloading system resources
Black screen or blue screen---software errors or hardware errors
NOTE: Be aware that the above symptoms and corresponding reasons are based on that the computer is totally virus free since the overwhelming majority of computer infections will result in all the above issues in different infecting phase.
Therefore, to troubleshoot a slow computer, the first and foremost thing to do is to make sure the computer is clean from any virus/malware infections with a trusted virus/malware scanner. Click here to get a reliable malware scanner now.
Apart from virus scan, below are some emergency tips to speed up a slow PC with convenience.
How to Speed Up a Slow PC and Maintain a Well-performing OS
- 1. Restart the computer OS to get a fresh running state if the computer freezes.
2. Slim the OS. Check out if there are some unnecessary programs installed. If any, uninstall them. Also clean the files on the desktop and display the shortcuts as possible as you can.
3. Clean up the entire operating system. This usually includes throwing out junk files, repair registry errors, optimize system services and even trim apps. Of course, you can manually to do such all by removing temporary files/cache, fixing registry errors, optimizing Windows startup menu and shutdown process, and trimming apps of course. However, my suggestion is using a system cleaner to fulfill these all with efficiency since many computer experts have offered such convenience to us for now. Click here to get a system cleaner to scan out those culprits for slow computer. This scanner is also for daily computer system maintenance.
4. Upgrade the computer configuration. At any rate, you would not expect a computer with lower configuration running faster than a computer with higher configuration in normal cases. This would be unnatural. So considering this, one most efficient way to speed up a pc is to add a memory chip to enlarge the disk space, Local C disk space in particular.
By the way, the program unable to use or the OS crashed can be caused by incompatible software installation. So it is also always wise to ensure all software are compatible for smooth computer running.
To sum up, to troubleshoot a slow computer, make sure the computer is free from virus, spyware and other malware; ensure sufficient disk space for necessary tasks processing in a healthy slim OS environment. Furthermore, computer experts urge users to well maintain the computer OS with reliable security guards and system cleaner/optimizer.
Learn more on this malware scanner and system optimizer to defend your computer from threats online as well as to even conveniently heal a slow computer and make a faster PC.