What the meanings are they?

Please post any problems or comments related to Anvisoft program Cloud System Booster in this forum.

What the meanings are they?

Postby Connie » 2012-06-25 4:39

System Dump Files
Windows Log Files
Windows SCM Log Files
IIS Log Files
Windows Prefetch
They are in the cleaner>system files.
Connie

Re: What the meanings are they?

Postby Ivy » 2012-06-26 2:04

Hello Connie,
From the category, we can see that all the items you listed here are belonging to system files.

Dump files allow you to save program information for debugging a later time. Dump files can be especially useful when
you are testing a program on a computer that does not have source or symbol files. When a crash occurs, you can save a
dump file and debug it later, either on the build computer or on another computer that has the source files and debugging symbols.

Windows log files contain records of your computer's activity. Some log files record executed commands, others store
Internet browsing history, and others contain a list of errors and exceptions that the computer has thrown. Some log files
are useful when you need to learn why your computer is behaving strangely, but most simply take up valuable space on
your hard drive.

Service Control Manager (SCM) is a special system process under Windows NT family of operating systems, which starts, stops and interacts with Windows service processes. It is located in %SystemRoot%\System32\services.exe executable. Service processes interact with SCM through a well-defined API, and the same API interface is used internally by the interactive Windows service management tools such as the MMC snap-in Services.msc and the command-line Service Control utility sc.exe.

IIS starands for Internet Information Services. It is a web server developed by Microsoft for use with Windows Server.
IIS Log Files is a kind of file that provide information on range of website and specific statistics, including Internet Protocol

(IP) addresses, user information and site visits as well as dates, times and queries.
Windows prefetch is a kind of file collected by Windows system about the way your computer starts and which programs
you commonly open each time when you turn on your computer. The next time you turn on your computer, Windows
refers to these files to help speed the start process.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Connie » 2012-07-02 4:55

What's about the following items:

Recycle Bin
Windows Error Reports
Invalid Shortcuts
Malicious Plugins
Windows System Profile Files
Windows Update Logs Files
System Temporary Files
Windows Quick Launch
System WER Files,
Recent Destinations

Cleaner>System files
Connie

Postby Ivy » 2012-07-03 1:16

Recycle Bin--Recycle Bin is temporary container to store for files that have been deleted in a file manager by you, but not yet permanently erased from the physical media. Files in the Recycle Bin can be restored. While the "Recycle Bin" Option under system files >> cleaner allows you to empty your Recycle Bin
when you run Cloud System Booster.

Windows Error Reporting collects and offers to send post-error debug information (a memory dump) using the Internet to the developer of an application that crashes or stops responding on a user's desktop. When you get such error report, you will be asked to send the report or not. When a dump(or other error signature information) reaches the Microsoft server, it is analyzed and a solution is sent back to the user when you are available.

Invalid Shortcut--When you decide to uninstall a program, shortcuts can also be found in Windows start menu and the user’s documents and settings directory which are two additional locations where lots of windows shortcuts located. Thus result in invalid windows shortcut on the system.

Malicious Plugins--Malicious Plugins are always browser related. A plugin is a computer program that expands web browser’s functionality by adding certain extra features in it. A browser plugin requires a supported web browser to be installed. Malicous browser plugins are very similar to spyware, adware and browser hijackers and often have some of their functions. They can be installed without explicit user consent and often do not provide any functional uninstall feature. Some malicious browser plugins have integrated quite convenient toolbars and other additional tools, which often helps them to trick users into leaving parasites in the system, as such tools do not look related to actual threats.But all not plugins are malicious, some are legitimate browser plugins which are useful for users.

Windows System Profile Files--Microsoft Windows profile refers to the user profile that is used by the Microsoft Windows operating system to represent the characteristics of the user. The file contains the user's personalized settings for the majority of software installed on the computer, including Windows itself.

Windows Update Logs Files-- By default, Windows Update/Automatic Updates keep a record of all activity/transactions in a dedicated log file at the following location: %windir%\Windowsupdate.log.

System Temporary Files--Temporary files may be created by computer programs for a variety of purposes; principally when a program cannot allocate enough memory for its tasks, when the program is working on data bigger than the architecture's address space, or as a primitive form of inter-process communication. But some program create temporary files and then leave them behide, they do not delete them. In Microsoft Windows the temporary files left behind by the programs accumulate over time and can take up a lot of disk space. That's why, we need to clean the temporary files to clean up the disk space.

Windows Quick Launch--The Quick Launch bar contains shortcuts to applications. A single click on the application's icon in this area launches the application. This feature is not turn off on all windows system.

System WER Files---For the explanation of WER, please refer to Windows Error Reporting.

Recent Destinations--This is feature provided in windows 7, Recent Destinations lists all folders that the user has visited in the past.

Hope this can help you to understand the scanning item under system files.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby uzzlber » 2012-07-04 1:53

:roll: long explanation.
uzzlber

System Dump Files

Postby Kevinmoffat » 2013-10-08 5:18

System Dump files meaning the when the system files files are dump that is duplicate of the system files and saved in another location that is system dump files
Kevinmoffat

Postby kathi » 2014-11-21 1:41

Hello, how can I change my license key, I take a license key promotion for one year and I want to change my key, how? I uninstalled the program and then installing it again, but the old key sits. Thank you in advance
kathi

Postby Frances » 2014-11-24 2:27

kathi wrote:Hello, how can I change my license key, I take a license key promotion for one year and I want to change my key, how? I uninstalled the program and then installing it again, but the old key sits. Thank you in advance

Hi, Kathi, welcome to Anvisoft Forums. :D

Please send us your original license code, and your name & email address (you used to buy Cloud System Booster) via support@anvisoft.com, we will help you update your key.

Best Regards,
Frances
Anvisoft Support Team
Frances
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Return to Cloud System Booster Support

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
A couple of questionstilloubill3069
the items under Menu History of CleanerConnie3359
I cannot get the user manualOphelia7456