See this post to reduce risks of infections of online threats by turning on security features of the Internet Browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome,
Internet Explorer-Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer version 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing websites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. This may enable you avoid some ransomware/Trojan/malware from the Internet if this is active on your computer. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow the below steps:
1) Please open Internet Explorer.
2) On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). If you use IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3) Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list.
Click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4) Please restart the Internet Explorer.
Mozilla Firefox-Block Attack Sites & Web Forgeries
Firefox version 3 or later comes including a built-in feature for Phishing and Malware protection. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on your computer. To assist you in keeping safe while browsing the Internet Firefox, please follow the guide below:
1) Please open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2) Click on Firefox button on the top and then choose Options from the list.
3) Choose Security and put a check mark on the following items as shown in below image:
Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
Block reported attack sites
Block reported web forgeries
4) Click the OK to save the change and restart the Firefox browser
Google Chrome-Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
You could also have lesser risks when browsing the web with Google Chrome’s Phishing and Malware Detection feature. It displays an alert when the site you are attempting to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do the steps below:
1) Please open Google Chrome.
2) Click on the Wrench icon or 3-bar icon located on top right corner of the browser.
3) Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4) Click on Show advanced settings from the below part.
5) Mark the Enable phishing and malware protection under Privacy settings as shown in below image.
6) Restart the Google Chrome.
>>> Install a Decent Anti-malware Program
Aside from having up-to-date anti-virus software, your computer will be safer if it is protected by anti-malware program. Anti-malware not just blocks malicious files from entering the computer but also checks if the web site you are trying to visit contains harmful elements.
Remove Malware Threats and Protect Your Computer Now