Remove Ransomware Using Anvi Rescue Disk-Network Troubleshooting Tips

This forum is committed to provide tips on malware removal and prevention.

Remove Ransomware Using Anvi Rescue Disk-Network Troubleshooting Tips

Postby Sophia » 2013-01-10 21:15

Ransomware, or PC lockup virus you may call it, are hard to handle since in most cases ransomware infections prevent you trying anything to troubleshoot even in safe mode running. To help victim users who encounter this and using the rescue disk by Anvisoft to recover the system and remove the ransomware infection, this article details on the networking connection troubleshooting tips when using Anvi Rescue Disk to remove the ransomware, liks Moneypak or Ukash ransomware and repair the computer. Read more below.

Your computer should connect to Internet automatically when you boot into system via bootable Anvi Rescue Disk. However, it also happens that you may fail to connect to Internet. On such circumstance, please follow guide below to manual configure your network.

By default, the system will use DHCP to obtain an IP address. If you fail to connect to Internet, you can use Network program on the desktop to configure network.

As you may notice that there are five tabs that are Wired, Wireless, Mobile Broadband, VNP, and DSL separately.

Under each tab, there are configuration file list, which can be added, deleted, or modified. Besides that, you can click the menu of Network icon in the system tray to view all configuration files.

Below, we will introduce three main network connections.

1) Wired network. (Non-dial, Tab One)

2) WIFI wireless network. (Tab Two)

3) PPPOE(xDSL) Dial (Tab Five)

* Wired Network Configuration

Connection name: The blank test ox should be filled with the custom connection name, such as Wired connection 1.

Connection Automatically: This option is to about whether use the configuration link automatically (The default connection configuration). With below tabs, please switch to tab three (IPV4), if you are using IPV6, you can refer to the configuration of IPV4.

The drop-down menu of Method as following:

If your network is Automatic(DHCP), you system will connect to Internet automatically without manual configuration.

If your network is Automatic(DHCP) addresses only, you need manually enter the information of the DNS server in the text box.

If your network is Manual, you need not only enter the DNS server information, but also should you put in the IP configuration of the local computer. By clicking on the Add button, you can input the configuration in the Address list. They are Address, Netmask, and Gateway from left to right and please enter the relative information in the text box separately. After you fill in the information, please click Save button to save your configuration.

If it is not automatic connection mode, please go to the system tray by clicking on the network icon to select the corresponding configuration.

* WIFI Wireless Network Configuration

In the Wireless tab, you should enter SSID name to connect to Internet.

While in the Wireless Security tab, it is for you to select the encryption type. Please choose the corresponding type according to mode provided by AP (Access Point).

PPPOE(xDSL) Dial

Above image is the DSL page.

Please enter the Username, Service and Password separately. The service, also the ISP is optional.

The last tab IPV4 is only used to configure network when your ISP does not offer DHCP service. Please refer to Wired network configuration for detail information.
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: Remove Ransomware Using Anvi Rescue Disk-Network Troubleshooting Tips

Postby b.chen0427@gmail.com » 2013-06-28 16:24

i opened the anvisoft mini system and don't have internet connection. i filled in my SSID and the Security, and what to do next??? :oops: :roll:
b.chen0427@gmail.com

Postby Ivy » 2013-07-01 2:42

b.chen0427@gmail.com wrote:i opened the anvisoft mini system and don't have internet connection. i filled in my SSID and the Security, and what to do next??? :oops: :roll:

Could you please try following steps to connect to Internet by using PPPOE(xDSL) Dial:

1. Please open Network program on the Anvi Rescue Disk desktop.

2. Switch to DSL tab to configue your network.

3. In the page of DSL configuration, please enter a Connection Name, such as DSL connection 1, (you can enter whatever name you like).

4. Select the option "Connect automatically", and then enter your Username and password.

5. At last, click Save to confirm your configuration.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Destro30 » 2013-08-12 15:18

I'm having an issue on my other computer when trying to connect this anvi rescue disk 1.1 it often times goes through the Scan but then never finishes the scan it just stops in the middle somewhere and loses connection to the cloud server. I am using a Wired connect straight from my modem. I tried narrowing the search down all through the files till I found which folder it searches when it fails to keep connected and its in the Program data in the application data folder seems as though the Application Data folder has been copied and repeated a lot. everything is identical in every drop down section when opening the folder. so it causes the scan to fail. and never find anything at all. my randsomware is ICE something and I seriously need help with this.
Destro30

Postby Ivy » 2013-08-12 20:53

Hi and welcome to Anvisoft forum. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

We receive same issue from other users and we are trying our best to fix the issue.

Step 1> Restart your computer into safe mode with Command Prompt; While your pc loading Windows file, please press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with command prompt from the list and press ENTER.

Step 2> When command prompt mode loads enter the following line:

net user removevirus/add and press ENTER.

Next enter this line: net localgroup administrators removevirus/add and press ENTER.

Finnaly enter this line: shutdown -r and press ENTER.

Wait for your computer to restart, boot your PC in Normal Mode and login to the newly created user account ("removevirus"). This account won't be affected by security infections and you will be able to download and install security software.

Step 3> After that, widnows will start, please click and choose to enter the new user account, and then download and install Anvi Smart Defender

Anvi Smart Defender download: http://www.anvisoft.com/smart-defender.html

After you install Anvi Smart Defender, please run a custom scan of your infected user account, remove any detected virus infection.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby starbett » 2013-08-28 20:51

I was wondering if a solution to the "cannot connect to cloud server" issue has been fixed. I am working on my wife's work computer and it goes through so far and then kicks back out. It is the ransom from Homeland Security virus. thanks.
starbett

Postby Kevinmoffat » 2013-12-17 7:31

These tips are beneficial but it takes more time for setting up
Kevinmoffat

Return to Malware Removal & Prevention Tips

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Set Your Internet Browser to Better Protect Your PC from Malware infections----Turn on Security Features of your Internet BrowserSophia21714
Montres Hublotlnakohlmymarc0
Meisterstuck penne a sferaocrudotren0
How to Avoid Scams on Facebook?Ivy6056
Высокое качество реплики швейцарских BAUME & Mercier часы онлайн .luemcclymvero0