How to uninstall Iminent Toolbar from Your Computer? (Uninstall Guide)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to uninstall Iminent Toolbar from Your Computer? (Uninstall Guide)

Postby Autumn » 2012-08-22 5:00

This page mainly introduces 6-step Iminent Toolbar removal guide to help you get rid of Iminent toolbar.

Iminent toolbar is a browser extension which may install itself without user's consent and attention bundled with other programs like PDF creator, video grabber software and other programs.

=======================================================================================================================================================

You may have never heard of the name before. However, you must have such experience that your browser homepage changed, numerous commercial advertisements frequently pop up. And you may also be redirected to some pay-per-click websites.

Below is a screenshot of Iminent toolbar:

"But how could I tell if my computer has been infected by Iminent toolbar?" You must ask so. Now, three easy ways to figure out the existence of Iminent toolbar.

1) Internet connection acts slow. Iminent Toolbar frequently use your internet connection to send your private information to remote cyber criminals, as well as receive irrelevant advertisements from a third party, which may slow down Internet speed.

2) Frequently pop ups including ads, hijacked homepages and spam letters. These pop ups could collect your personal information and confidential date for a third party or remote cyber criminals.

3) Besides frequently popping up annoying advertisements, Iminent Toolbar will also slow down your PC and affect the performance of your OS system such as Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. The worst thing is that it will max out the CPU on your PC.

If you have such problems mentioned above, you really need to check your computer and remove Iminent toolbar immediately. This step-by-step manual removal guide will tell you how to do it. Learn more here and remove this annoying browser hijacker from your computer in the fastest and easiest way.

=======================================================================================================================================================

Iminent Toolbar step-by-step Manual Removal Guide:

Step 1> Launch Your Google Chrome. Locate on the top-right corner of your Google Chrome and you will find a Wrench icon which is the setting button of Google Chrome. Click it.

Step 2> Display setting list and find Tools>Extension. Then it will display a installed extension list.

Find Iminent on the installed extension list. Unclick the Enabled to disable Iminent toolbar and then click the Bin button to remove it. Then it will pop up a confirmation window. Click Remove to clean up Iminent toolbar.

Step 3> Open your Task Manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Delete. Then end all Iminent toolbar running processes. Iminent toolbar begins to run without your attention. Therefore you need to end these processes in Task Manager.

End the process of Iminent toolbar like iminent.exe

Step 4> Open Windows Registry Editor. To do this, you need to go to Start Menu->Click Run. Then type "regedit" into the run box and then click OK to go on.

Step 5 > In the registry editor. Search and find Iminent toolbar associated registry entries showing below and delete them all.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Iminent
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Iminent

Step 6> Download and install Anvi Smart Defender (Highly Recommended) to scan your computer and remove all potential infections related.

Image Image

Anvi Smart Defender will give your computer a full protection. We are trying our best to provide you with the best anti-malware product. You're encouraged to leave a reply or a comment and we will answer your questions as soon as possible. Thank you for your support to Anvisoft. :lol:
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to uninstall Iminent Toolbar from Your Computer? (Uninstall Guide)

Postby Autumn » 2012-08-26 21:03

Hello, all Anvisoft supporters.

Anvi Smart Defender v1.6 has been released on Aug 24th, if you want to know more about it. Please click here. Anvi Smart Dedender--a good-functioned anti-malware that can provide your computer a full protection. Thank you for your support to Anvisoft. We're getting better and better now! :P

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby renlute » 2013-01-15 4:13

Thanks for the tip how to remove this malicious pest from my Registry!

Tip: I had already succeeded in deleting all Iminent files and directories I could find. They were all protected and could not be deleted by Explorer or the command line. So I rebooted in Safe Mode and the Explorer could then search and I deleted them.

Then you have to go and change all browser start pages back to your preferred page since Iminent has probably hijacked them. What a vile piece of crap this is. Thanks for your service in controlling it.
renlute

Postby renlute » 2013-01-15 4:15

My operating system is XP Pro, by the way.
renlute

Postby Ivy » 2013-01-15 4:53

Hello,

When you try to restore and repair your Internet Explorer, I highly recommend you take the quick solution, Anvi Browser Repair.

http://www.anvisoft.com/product/browserrepairtool.html

Anvi Browser Repair Tool is a free tool created to help you conveniently repair browser settings and networking settings such as homepage, safe startup items, DNS settings, Title Bar, BHO plug-in, etc, changed by malware to return smooth browser use.

While antivirus, antimalware tool helps detect and remove malware infections from computer, this program will practically assist normalizing safe browser searching.

Anvi Browser Repair Tool is designed to help fix browser, network settings altered due to rogueware/malware infections and even facilitate malware removal with one-click solution.

If any problem, please let us know.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby nissimnanach » 2013-02-25 10:46

Umbrella.exe must also be removed, otherwise Iminent will keep coming back. AVGFree and MalwareBytes did not detect it for me, though I did not try Anvisoft.
To remove Umbrella.exe:
1. Open Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) and Kill all instances of Umbrella.exe
2. Delete the folder Program Files > Common Files > Umbrella
nissimnanach

Postby Sophia » 2013-02-25 20:42

nissimnanach wrote:Umbrella.exe must also be removed, otherwise Iminent will keep coming back. AVGFree and MalwareBytes did not detect it for me, though I did not try Anvisoft.
To remove Umbrella.exe:
1. Open Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) and Kill all instances of Umbrella.exe
2. Delete the folder Program Files > Common Files > Umbrella

Hello, nissimnanach

Welcome.Thanks for your kind shared information, here.
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby murphyd » 2014-01-09 12:21

Hi Having unistalled etc When I search for the word Iminent in the registry of my Windows 8.1 computer in addition to them being in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Iminent
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Iminent

It also appears in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\Elevation Policy\(68B81....
and a couple of other Elevation Policy Keys
Should I remove these as well ?
I am not at all confident in registry editing so won't take any chances.

Thanks
murphyd

Postby Kevinmoffat » 2014-01-15 5:31

To completely remove Iminent from your PC, you must uninstall the main program from the Windows Control Panel (Iminent Client and the Toolbar):
Click "Start> Control Panel> Programs and Features (in W7) or Add or Remove Programs (in XP)"
Right click on "Iminent Client" on and select "Uninstall"
Follow the instructions
Follow the same procedure for the "Iminent Toolbar".

Note that:Your home page and default search engine have been changed to RepON, don't forget to revert them.
For Firefox, you must remove the Iminent add-in:
Go to "Tools> Add-In".
Click "Remove" to the right of "IMinent Toolbar".
Kevinmoffat

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Wajam?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances22883
How to Remove Udmserve.net Popup Ads (Adware Removal Guide)?Autumn1843
How to Remove GreatSaver Ads and Deals (adware removal guide)?Autumn3385
How to Remove Ads by Frieven_s_Prox_1.8 from Your PC?Autumn309
How to Remove Securebit Technologies Free Antivirus (Rogueware Removal Guide)Sophia882