How to Remove Reveton Trojan Ransomware from Your Computer Completely? (Manual Removal Guide)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Remove Reveton Trojan Ransomware from Your Computer Completely? (Manual Removal Guide)

Postby Autumn » 2012-08-17 2:51

Reveton Trojan, also named as Trojan:Win32/Reveton.A, is a malicious ransomware which pretends to block your computer in the name of the FBI Federal Bureau or Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) due to some security factors. You will be asked to pay for a certain amount of money to unblock your computer.

Reveton Trojan displays a full-screen window pretends to be legit as showed below to scare computer users. The images may appear as the following:

"Did I do anything wrong or did I do anything that is illegal?" You might think so when you see these horrible things. Please rest assured that you have done nothing wrong or illegal. You should have the common sense that a government department or a legit department will never send a warning like that , let alone to ask you pay for a penalty. Never fall into their trap, or they will successfully get what they want.

Reveton Trojan could crash down your PC by spreading some trojans which will destroy your PC system. Reveton Trojan may hide anywhere on the internet. Most commonly, it hide in some unsafe websites/links which will instantly intrude into your PC once clicked. Therefore, you may also receive a warning to ask you for for a fine. It is another trick of ransom-ware family. Keep clear mind that it is fake, not true.

Have enough of troubling by this terrible Trojans! No more worry about it. Anvi team has discovered an effective way to help you remove Reveton Trojan from your computer thoroughly. Learn more here and remove it from your computer in the fastest and easiest way.

Reveton Trojan Ransomware Removal Guide:

Option 1 Remove this ransomware with Anvi Rescue Disk

Anvi Rescue Disk is a brand-new blockbuster developed by Anvisoft to help users remove ransomware infection. If your computer is locked up due to ransomware infection and even unable to boot into safe mode, then you may need this powerful ransomware killer--Anvi Rescue Disk to save your computer OS.

Details about how to remove this ransomware with Anvi Rescue Disk, please refer to this article: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-2821-0.html

For any question, please feel free to let us know. You can simply leave a reply or send us an email (support@anvisoft.com).

Ransomware Removal Guide Video

Option 2 Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore

If you can boot your computer into Safe Mode, please refer to the following tutorial.

b]Step 1>[/b] Launch your PC into Safe Mode with Command Prompt. During the start, keep pressing F8 key till the Advanced Windows Options Menu shows up and then use the arrow key on the keyboard to highlight the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option and then press Enter.

Note: make sure you login your computer with administrative privileges. (login as admin)

Step 2> Once the Command Prompt appears you only have few seconds to type “explorer” and hit Enter. If you fail to do so within 2-3 seconds, the ransomware virus will not allow you to type anymore.

Step 3> Once Windows Explorer shows up browse to:

Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Win Vista/Seven: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter

Step 4> Follow all steps to restore or recover your computer system to an earlier time and date (restore point), before infection.

Step 5> Download and install Anvi Smart Defender to remove all threats detected and reboot your PC.

Anvi Smart Defender Direct Download Link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd

We are trying our best to provide you with the best anti-malware product. You're encouraged to leave a reply or a comment and we will answer your questions as soon as possible. Thank you for your support to Anvisoft.
Autumn
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Re: How to Remove Reveton Trojan Ransomware from Your Computer Completely? (Manual Removal Guide)

Postby jay » 2012-08-17 4:36

Anvi Smart Defender works great to me! :)
jay

Re: How to Remove Reveton Trojan Ransomware from Your Computer Completely? (Manual Removal Guide)

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-17 21:02

jay wrote:Anvi Smart Defender works great to me! :)

Hello, Jay :D

Thanks for your kind rely to let us know that. Wish you a wonderful day! :mrgreen:
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby jay » 2012-08-19 22:27

Sophia wrote:

Thanks for your kind rely to let us know that. Wish you a wonderful day! :mrgreen:

Hi, Sophia. No thanks. A good product CERTAINLY deserves praise. :)
jay

Postby Autumn » 2012-08-20 3:13

jay wrote:
Sophia wrote:

Hi, Sophia. No thanks. A good product CERTAINLY deserves praise. :)

Yeah. A good product CERTAINLY deserves praise. Thank you for your kind words. Jay. :mrgreen:
Autumn
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Postby Squirrel » 2014-04-15 11:48

My parents recently picked up the Reveton virus and asked me to help. I booted the Anvisoft rescue from a thumb drive and ran a flash scan. After an hour and a bit, it completed and showed two possible threats. One was MSI31.exe and the other was part of a photo program from Corel. As far as I know MSI31.exe is a part of windows (they run windows Vista home premium). I clicked on "fix" for the Corel file (my parents never use that program) and as far as I remember left the MSI31 alone. The computer was still infected. It would not boot into safe mode and If I tried to restore from an earlier restore point (her HP computer has that boot option) I would get the blue screen of death no matter which restore point I tried. I then booted back into Anvisoft and started a full scan. The scan would run for a minute or two and then stop with a warning that I have been disconnected from the cloud. I tried several times with the same result. I'm worried that I may have accidentally "fixed" the MSI31 file and that's what's causing the problem. Any comments or ideas? Is there another way to remove this ransomeware? Thanks in advance.
Squirrel

Postby Ivy » 2014-04-15 21:16

Hi and welcome to Anvisoft forum. I apologize for any problem caused to you.

It is possible that the detection is a false positive and you have the blue screen problem after you deleted it.

Could you please restart your computer into Anvi Rescue Disk menu, open Aniv Rescue Disk, click on the "Quarantine" button at the main page.

Find the possible clean registry deleted by the Anvi Rescue Disk and then click on "Restore"

Hope it can solve your issue.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Citadel Malware Reveton Ransomware (Counterfeit IC3, FBI Malware Removal Guide)Sophia47248
How to Remove Glindorus Popup Ads from IE/FF/Chrome (Adware Removal Guide)?Autumn3245
How to Remove FabulousPrice Pop-up Ads? (Adware Removal Instruction)Ivy164
How to Remove Disk Antivirus Professional Rogue (Bogus Antispyware Removal Guide)Sophia5029
How to Remove http://btsearch.name Redirect Virus? (Removal Guide)Autumn1565