How to Uninstall Claro LTD Toolbar-Removal Help

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Uninstall Claro LTD Toolbar-Removal Help

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-13 2:30

Claro LTD toolbar is adware program, developed by Montera Technologies LTD. It comes bundled with freeware. Read this post for more details on how to get rid of such adware. In most cases, Claro LTD Toolbar is executed by user unknowingly while installing the desired software. Though there is checkable installation of this adware, it often loaded by default due to lack of notice.

Once installed, Claro LTD toolbar is mainly objected at dominating the search engine by setting itself as the default. Surprisingly, it replaces the existing settings with no asking for user’s approval. Yet this add-on enables a toolbar with various functions such as Facebook, Youtube and other links to popular web sites and services. Thus this is why Claro LTD toolbar is tagged as an adware.

To uninstall/remove this program and its toolbar, there are certain ways to carry it out. Apart from uninstalling the components from Add/Removal Programs of Windows, you also need to run an antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender just to make sure the computer is clean from any possible threats.

Symptoms of Claro Toolbar

If this add-on is installed, it will modify your default home page to a Claro LTD search bar. Besides, it also inserts a toolbar known as Claro LTD toolbar, just as shown in below image:

claro-search-toolbar.png

claro-ltd-toolbar.png

How to Remove Claro LTD Toolbar

Step 1> Remove Claro program components via Windows Control Panel

1. Click on Start menu-> Control Panel-> Add/Remove a Program (if you use Windows 7, choose Programs-> Uninstall a Program)

2. Find out the Claro components in the shown up list and highlight the item.

3. Click the Uninstall button (beside Organize) at the top, or right click and choose remove/uninstall on the dropped down list to remove the program automatically.

uninstall-claro-ltd.png

4. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.

Step 2> Remove Claro LTD Add-ons & Extensions from Internet Explorer & Google Chrome

Delete Claro LTD Add-ons from Internet Explorer 8 or 9:

1. Open Internet Explorder

2. On top menu, navigate to Tools->Manage add-ons. It will open a window where in you can view and manage Internet Explorer add-ons.

3. Choose Toolbars and Extensions on left panel. Go to right panel and navigate to Montera Technologies LTD

manage-addons.png

4 Disable the following add-ons:

-Claro LTD Toolbar
-Claro LTD Helper Object

5. Close the existing window and restart the Internet Explorer.

Erase Claro LTD Toolbar Extension from Google Chrome

1. Launch the Google Chrome

2. Click on the Wrench icon-> Settings, and then click on Extensions of the left side bar to display all installed extensions in Google Chrome.

chrome-wrench.png

3. On the right panel of the window, disable and delete (Trash) the following extensions:

-Smart Display 1.1
-Claro LTD Toolbar

smart-display.png

4 Close the current window and restart Google Chrome

To better protect your computer as well as your privacy, you may keep antimalware tool like Anvi Smart Defender onto your computer. This tool is focused on detecting and removing malware of all sorts, coming as a nice supplement to your antivirus to better secure your online activities.

Or at least, in order to better secure your online surfing, please turn on the security features of browsers, like IE, Firefox, Google Chrome. See related steps to turn on your browser security features here.

Also there is a nimble tool to ensure your safe online surfing-Anvi Ad Blocker. Frequent pop up ads are so annoying and Phishing websites are so tricky to deal with, let alone those compromised websites with risks and numerous online scams. Then just let Anvi Ad Blocker (which is integrated for free in tools module in Anvi Smart Defender Pro), give a hand.

Try it now:

Image Image ($9.98 Size: 9.65MB)
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Uninstall Claro LTD Toolbar-Removal Help

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-13 2:40

Hey guys :D

Hope this article useful for you. You may also see more details on Claro-search.com removal at another post :arrow: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-912-0.html :geek:

You may leave your comments here for further discussion or just focusing on us, which would be a big encouragement for us to provide you more practical things or software. Thanks for your support in advance. :mrgreen:
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby lovlacada » 2012-08-14 6:21

Claro LTD Toolbar is obstinate Google redirects virus which main purpose is to hijack your browser to websites that you have really no intension to visit. This infection is a trojans or keyloggers which main aim is to steal your important information such as account passwords, credit card details or account details etc.with the main intention to rip off money from users. So, it is suggested you to delete Claro LTD Toolbar as early as possible from your Windows PC without any delay to make your system safe or secure.
lovlacada

Postby canova » 2012-08-16 3:09

Can Anvi AD Blocker fix the problem?
canova

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-16 20:57

canova wrote:Can Anvi AD Blocker fix the problem?

Hello, canova

Thanks for your trust and attention on our Anvi Ad blocker. Strictly speaking, Anvi Ad Blocker can block the site isearch.claro-search.com, but it is still necessary to uninstall the Claro programs through add/removal programs and also repair the Internet settings in Internet browsers respectively since this is a non-malicious hijacker that modifies the series of browser settings .

Thanks for your support again and we will work even harder to provide nicer and more useful software to meet users' needs. :geek:

Wish you good luck and be safe online! :mrgreen:
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Joshua Archinet Canlas » 2012-08-17 12:13

Thank you so much Anvisoft! But I just have one concern. Claro LTD is not found in my Control Panel Programs. But I did remove it from my Google Chrome like how you explained it. And it's all good now. But I'm not sure if it's still affecting my computer. Will Anvi SD dectect Claro LTD incase it's still there?
Joshua Archinet Canlas

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-17 20:44

Joshua Archinet Canlas wrote:Thank you so much Anvisoft! But I just have one concern. Claro LTD is not found in my Control Panel Programs. But I did remove it from my Google Chrome like how you explained it. And it's all good now. But I'm not sure if it's still affecting my computer. Will Anvi SD dectect Claro LTD incase it's still there?

Hello, Joshua Archinet Canlas :D

Actually, Claro LTD toolbar is not malware but a browser help object that may annoy some users like you and thus Anvi Smart Defender would not define it as one of its target to detect. However, to prevent this toolbar return, or rather to prevent any risky pop up ads, you may turn on the security features on your installed browser to block pop up ads on Internet to reduce the risky potentials. As for this, you may see the detailed information on turning on security features in IE, FIrefox, Google Chrome here: :arrow: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-47-883-0.html

By the way, if you want to block the site isearch.claro-search.com site or block the pop up ads from your browser, the Anvi AD Blocker which is actually integrated in Tools module of Anvi Smart Defender will do you a favor in a convenient way.

Thanks for your support and kind reply. :D Hope this help and wish you good luck and be safe online. 8-)
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Joshua Archinet Canlas » 2012-08-17 23:50

Thank you for the information! I'll keep that in mind. :D
Joshua Archinet Canlas

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Remove ReactivePlayer.com Popup Ads from IE/FF/Chrome?Autumn482
How to Remove Windows Antivirus Machine (Removal Guide).Autumn2708