Claro LTD toolbar is adware program, developed by Montera Technologies LTD. It comes bundled with freeware. Read this post for more details on how to get rid of such adware. In most cases, Claro LTD Toolbar is executed by user unknowingly while installing the desired software. Though there is checkable installation of this adware, it often loaded by default due to lack of notice.
Once installed, Claro LTD toolbar is mainly objected at dominating the search engine by setting itself as the default. Surprisingly, it replaces the existing settings with no asking for user’s approval. Yet this add-on enables a toolbar with various functions such as Facebook, Youtube and other links to popular web sites and services. Thus this is why Claro LTD toolbar is tagged as an adware.
To uninstall/remove this program and its toolbar, there are certain ways to carry it out. Apart from uninstalling the components from Add/Removal Programs of Windows, you also need to run an antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender just to make sure the computer is clean from any possible threats.
Symptoms of Claro Toolbar
If this add-on is installed, it will modify your default home page to a Claro LTD search bar. Besides, it also inserts a toolbar known as Claro LTD toolbar, just as shown in below image:
How to Remove Claro LTD Toolbar
Step 1> Remove Claro program components via Windows Control Panel
1. Click on Start menu-> Control Panel-> Add/Remove a Program (if you use Windows 7, choose Programs-> Uninstall a Program)
2. Find out the Claro components in the shown up list and highlight the item.
3. Click the Uninstall button (beside Organize) at the top, or right click and choose remove/uninstall on the dropped down list to remove the program automatically.
4. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Step 2> Remove Claro LTD Add-ons & Extensions from Internet Explorer & Google Chrome
Delete Claro LTD Add-ons from Internet Explorer 8 or 9:
1. Open Internet Explorder
2. On top menu, navigate to Tools->Manage add-ons. It will open a window where in you can view and manage Internet Explorer add-ons.
3. Choose Toolbars and Extensions on left panel. Go to right panel and navigate to Montera Technologies LTD
4 Disable the following add-ons:
-Claro LTD Toolbar
-Claro LTD Helper Object
5. Close the existing window and restart the Internet Explorer.
Erase Claro LTD Toolbar Extension from Google Chrome
1. Launch the Google Chrome
2. Click on the Wrench icon-> Settings, and then click on Extensions of the left side bar to display all installed extensions in Google Chrome.
3. On the right panel of the window, disable and delete (Trash) the following extensions:
-Smart Display 1.1
-Claro LTD Toolbar
4 Close the current window and restart Google Chrome
Protect Your Computer from Malicious Threats Online
To better protect your computer as well as your privacy, you may keep antimalware tool like Anvi Smart Defender onto your computer. This tool is focused on detecting and removing malware of all sorts, coming as a nice supplement to your antivirus to better secure your online activities.
Or at least, in order to better secure your online surfing, please turn on the security features of browsers, like IE, Firefox, Google Chrome. See related steps to turn on your browser security features here.
Also there is a nimble tool to ensure your safe online surfing-Anvi Ad Blocker. Frequent pop up ads are so annoying and Phishing websites are so tricky to deal with, let alone those compromised websites with risks and numerous online scams. Then just let Anvi Ad Blocker (which is integrated for free in tools module in Anvi Smart Defender Pro), give a hand.
Try it now:
($9.98 Size: 9.65MB)