You are suffering that claro-search.com behaves like a browser hijacker, seems so stubborn to uninstall? Read this post to find more and get easy steps to uninstall all components of claro-search.com.
Quite often we encounter some stubborn search toolbar or url based search engine behaving like a hijacker, overriding all the installed browsers and thus raising considerable worries of users. Actually, like Babylon, blekko.com, search.conduit.com and the like, is some kind of browser help object but behaves really annoying though most users are misguided to think that these are malware. All in all, although the claro-search.com or its claro toolbar may annoy you, redirect you and record your browsing traces somehow, it has been not thought to harm either the computer or the user’s privacy. However, the outcome seems not so pleasing as it thought yet it does prove itself a suspicious one to remove. If you come across such a search issue with claro-ssearch.com, which is believed to relate to Babylon, sneakily installed when you are downloading some freeware in most cases, and you want to get rid of this annoying claro-search.com totally, read the below removal steps to hit your goal. (To remove Claro LTD toolbar, click here to learn detailed steps)
How to Tell the existence of Claro-search.com?
Once this add-on is installed, every time you launch your web browser, either in Internet Explorer, or in Firefox or in Google Chrome, there is a new tab window launched containing, a search bar similar to image as shown below:
Steps to Remove Claro-search.com
Step 1> Remove Claro Toolbar through Windows Control Panel
1. Click on Start menu-> Control Panel,
2.Select add/remove programs (/Programs for Windows 7, then select uninstall a program. This will open a program and features windows where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. find the name Claro LTD Toolbar and highlight the item.
4. Click on Uninstall button (beside Ogranize) at the top to remove the program automatically
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK to proceed.
Step 2>Remove Claro-search.com in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
In Internet Explorer 8 or 9:
1. Open the internet Explorer
2. On the top menu, click Tools->Internet Options.
3. Under the General tab, proceed to Change search defaults and click the Settings button, just as shown below:
4. Then you will view a list of search providers. Choose the search provider you want, i.e. Google.com and then click the button Set as default to replace claro-search.com
5. Now you may remove Claro Search from the list. Close the current window and restart the Internet Explorder.
In Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox
2. On Google’s search box, click the arrow down sittting right beside the “G” logo.
3. Click on Manage Search Engines… from the drop-down list to see all search engines installed in Firefox.
4. Select the search provider you prefer to as the default by placing it at the top most position. Highlight the item and click on Move up until it reaches the first spot.
5. To uninstall Claro Search from Firefox, highlight on its name and click the Remove button. Restart the Firefox and that’s it.
In Google Chrome
1.Please open Google Chrome
2. Go to Wrench icon->Settings
3. Find the “Search” area which is located in the middle part of the page.
4. Click on the Manage search engines. Then there will show a list of search engoines including the default one.
5. Mouse-over to your preferred engine and click Make Default.
6. To Remove Claro Search (http://www.claro-search.com) from Google Chrome, mouse-over to that item and click on the X mark as shown in the image above.
Use Anvi Smart Defender to full scan the system to make sure the computer is clean from any possible malware infection meanwhile optimizing the system to a steadier state.
Protect Your Computer from Malicious Threats Online
To better protect your computer as well as your privacy, you may keep antimalware tool like Anvi Smart Defender onto your computer. This tool is focused on detecting and removing malware of all sorts, coming as a nice supplement to your antivirus to better secure your online activities.
Or at least, in order to better secure your online surfing, please turn on the security features of browsers, like IE, Firefox, Google Chrome. See related steps to turn on your browser security features here.
Also there is a nimble tool to ensure your safe online surfing-Anvi Ad Blocker. Frequent pop up ads are so annoying and Phishing websites are so tricky to deal with, let alone those compromised websites with risks and numerous online scams. Then just let Anvi Ad Blocker (which is integrated for free in tools module in Anvi Smart Defender Pro), give a hand.
Try it now:
($9.98 Size: 9.65MB)