How to Remove Metropolitan Police Virus/ransomware (Removal Guide)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Remove Metropolitan Police Virus/ransomware (Removal Guide)

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-10 1:46

Your computer has been locked by Metropolitan Police Ukash virus/ransomware? Read this post to get your infected computer unlocked from this nasty pest by removing it completely.

Metropolitan Police Ukash virus/ransomware has been in the wild in the western world. In name of the local Police authority, this ransomware delivers misleading messages to try to convince victims that they’d violated laws by doing illegal things online. The IP address is usually correctly displayed in order to be convincing. However, regardless of all, all such make nonsense and they are just totally scam by cyber crooks to make illegal money. Due to the scaring warnings, some unsuspicious users may be fooled to pay the claimed fine via Ukash or Paysafecard, either which is not involved in such scam at all, and then the risky result comes along-further privacy data like credit card account details leak to nefarious criminals. Hence, everyone who fortunately sees the relevant information about ransomware details must be aware and never get fooled and if you happen to meet such Metropolitan Police Ukash virus/ransomware lock you out from your computer, instantly move to below detailed guide to get rid of the virus and find ways to enhance your computer security protection.

The Screenshot of Metropolitan Police Ukash ransomware

Everyone should just be aware of such a trick and never believe that fake warning and by no means pay via prepaid Ukash or Paysafecard to fix the pc locked issue.

Threat Classification:

• Ransomware malware

Similar Ransomware Infections: FBI moneypak virus, PCeU virus (aka Metropolitan Police Ukash virus), Malex ransomware, Citadel Reventon Malware, United States Cyber Security virus, Your computer is locked for violating the Law of Great Britain virus, DOJ virus, File Encryption Virus, SGAE virus, An Garda Síochána. Ireland’s National Police Service virus, ISCA 2012 virus, Automated Information Control System virus, ACCDFISA Protection Program ransomware, Celas ransomware, Votre ordinateur est bloque! Gendarmerie Ukash virus, FBI Ultimate Game Card virus, Canadian Police Association Virus, Urausy virus/ransomware, Office Central de Lutte contre la Criminalité Virus, Bundesamt fur Polizei Virus, Canadian Police Cybercrime Investigation Department Virus, GEMA: Your computer has been locked virus, All Activity on This Computer Has Been Recorded-Fake FBI Warning infection, Den Syenska Polisen IT-Sakerhet Ransomware, Bundes Polizei Ukash virus, Australian Federal Police Ukash Virus, Internet Crime Crime Compliant Center ransomware virus, etc.

Webcam control

Once infected, there would be a little more than usual that this ransomware virus would even attempt to trick the user into thinking they are under surveillance by webcam, as it always shows a fake screen in “recording” status. Actually this even makes no difference on the infected computer with no web cam at all. Apparently, the truth is ready to jump out at your call.

Deny Flash

Most ransomware exploits Java or Flash vulnerabilities to load the malicious code. In some cases denying or disabling flash on your system may suspend the Metropolitan Police Ukash virus and enable the user to navigate through the infected system. If this not a necessity for removal, skip to the removal options below these steps.

To disable (deny) flash

1.Visit:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html

2. Select the “Deny” radio option

3. Proceed to a removal option (detailed below).

How to Remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus Infection (Removal Guide)

Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomware.

There are several ways to get rid of such Ukash ransomware depending on the specific situation of infection. If the computer can still boot into safe mode, please follow the Option 1 removal steps to go. If the computer is completely blocked from anything, including safe mode running, then bet on Option 2 removal steps to go.

Removal Option 1-Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore

Step 1> Launch your PC into Safe Mode with Command Prompt. During the start, keep pressing F8 key till the Advanced Windows Options Menu shows up and then use the arrow key on the keyboard to highlight the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option and then press Enter. See detailed instructions on how to boot Windows to Safe Mode

Note: make sure you login your computer with administrative privileges. (login as admin)

Step 2> Once the Command Prompt appears you only have few seconds to type “explorer” and hit Enter. If you fail to do so within 2-3 seconds, the ransomware virus will not allow you to type anymore.

Step 3> Once Windows Explorer shows up browse to:

Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
    Win Vista/Seven: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter

Step 4> Follow all steps to restore or recover your computer system to an earlier time and date (restore point), before infection.

Step 5> Download, install, update and runAnvi Smart Defender(http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/. Remove all threats detected and reboot your PC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Removal Option 2 Using Anvi Rescue Disk to Remove the Ransomware and Repair the Infected Computer

Chances are your PC is heavily infected by this ransomware that it is blocked from safe mode running as well. If such is the case, the removal may be a little bit complex and here we use Anvi Rescue Rescue Disk to demonstrate the removal steps and good luck to you. If any question in the process, just let us know.

Below is a video of ransomware removal using Anvi Rescue Disk for reference.

Step 1> Download the Anvi Rescue Disk isoimage file Rescue.iso and the USB disk production tool BootUsb.exe from Anvisoft official site.

Direct download link: http://download.anvisoft.com/software/rescuedisk.zip

Please kindly note that Rescue.iso is a large file download; please be patient while it downloads.

Step 2> Record Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to USB drive. You can also record the iso image to a CD/DVD. We will introduce the steps to record iso image to a CD/DVD in following guide.

Connect USB to computer. You’d better backup your important data and format your USB drive before use it to record the iso image.

Locate your download folder and double-clicking on BootUsb.exe to start it. And then click “Choose File” button to browser into your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file.

Select the path of USB drive, such as Drive H:

Click “Start Burning” to start the burn of USB Rescue Disk boot drive.

Please close BootUsb.exe tool after you successfully burn the file to USB drive when you get following message.

Now, you have bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.

Alternative Option

You can also record Anvi Rescue Disk iso image to a DV/DVD. Any CD/DVD record software is fine for burn iso image. If you don’t have any, you can download and install Nero Burning ROM and ImgBurn. Here we will use Nero Burning ROM for demonstration purpose.

Please open and start Nero Burning ROM and select Burn Image from the drop-down menu of the Recorder.

Locate your download folder and select Rescue.iso file as your source file and then click Open button.

Click Burn button to start record the iso image. After a few minutes, you will have a bootable Anvi Rescue Disk to repair your computer.

Step 3>Restart your computer and configure your computer to boot from USB drive/DV/DVD that recorded Anvi Rescue Disk. Basically , you can use F8 to load USB boot menu.

For different motherboard, you may need to use the Delete or F2, F11 keys, to load the BIOS menu. Normally, the information how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot.

The keys F1, F8, F10, F12 might be used for some motherboards, as well as the following key
    combinations:

• Ctrl+Esc
    • Ctrl+Ins
    • Ctrl+Alt
    • Ctrl+Alt+Esc
    • Ctrl+Alt+Enter
    • Ctrl+Alt+Del
    • Ctrl+Alt+Ins
    • Ctrl+Alt+S

If you can enter Boot Menu directly then simply select your CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st boot device.

If you can't enter Boot Menu directly then simply use Delete key to enter BIOS menu. Select Boot from the main BIOS menu and then select Boot Device Priority. After that, set USB drive or CD/DVD-ROM as your 1st Boot Device. Save changes and exist BIOS menu.

Step> 4 After that let's boot your computer from Anvi Rescue Disk.

Restart your computer. After restart, a message will appear on the screen: press any key to enter the menu. So, press Enter or any other key to load the Anvi Rescue Disk

please selected your preferred language and press Enter to continue.

Step> 5Now you are in the mini Operating system, please double click Rescue tool to start Anvi Rescue disk.

Step> 6 Make sure that your computer is connected to network connection before you run a scan on your computer. Please scroll down the file and check the tutorial if you fail to connect your computer to Internet.

Step> 7 Please run a full scan by clicking the “Scan Computer” button in the middle of the program to detect and kill the PC lockup virus.

Step>8 Clicking “Fix Now” to Remove the detected threat by Anvi Rescue Disk.

Step> 9 Switch to Repair tab. Scan and fix the registry error with the “Repair” module of Anvi Rescue
    Disk.

Important Notice: You must repair the registry error after kill the virus. You are probably disabled to boot your Windows without fixing registry damaged by the virus.

Step>10 Now your computer should be clean and rescued from the virus infection.

Please note, some ransomware infection variant is seriously persistent, so you are highly recommended to download the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender in the rescue disk menu when the scan and repair is finished just as shown in below picture:

In the prompt window, click Yes button to download and install Anvi Smart Defender and perform a full scan to ensure all possible files of the infection is removed.

To prevent the computer from infecting by such ransomware or related Trojans, please ensure you get proper protection on your computer and you may just keep the Anvi Smart Defender for this. Safe and direct download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/

Files:

• [SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe

Registry values:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\"Shell" = "[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe"

You may keep the Anvi Smart Defender to enhance your computer security protection together with your antivirus tool and firewall. Or we highly recommend you take advantages of security features of your Internet browsers to reduce the risks of ransomware infections, such as turning on the security features in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

Good luck and be safe online.
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Remove Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus/ransomware (Removal Guide)

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-10 1:55

Hey guys. Hope this article helpful. Welcome to your share on any experiences/practices or questions related by replying here. Good luck and be safe online. :geek:
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby moby » 2012-08-16 14:58

Hi,My desktop running windows XP and has just been infected and locked up the whole system, I am trying your solution you listed but am not getting very far,in fact, not past operation 1.I get to "please select the operating system to start"hit return and WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTRE EDITION is highlighted, I cannot scroll up or down only the return key works, no command prompt is available,hit return key and screen goes to blue with the message "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage.tech info ; stop:0x0000007B,(0xF78A2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000.) no response from any key so I have to pull out the plug to shut the computer down. Any Ideas please.?? :(
moby

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-16 20:44

moby wrote:Hi,My desktop running windows XP and has just been infected and locked up the whole system, I am trying your solution you listed but am not getting very far,in fact, not past operation 1.I get to "please select the operating system to start"hit return and WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTRE EDITION is highlighted, I cannot scroll up or down only the return key works, no command prompt is available,hit return key and screen goes to blue with the message "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage.tech info ; stop:0x0000007B,(0xF78A2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000.) no response from any key so I have to pull out the plug to shut the computer down. Any Ideas please.?? :(

Hello, moby

Seems you've got a boot-sector virus that prevents you from booting your computer to safe mode. You may refer to the article on

"STOP 0x0000007B" error message when you restart your Windows XP-based computer at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

or

Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

Or you may try another ransomware removal method if you do not want to solve the issue by reinstalling the OS, below is a link for the detailed removal guide, which may also apply to this boot-sector virus removal. http://www.anvisoft.com/wiki/how-to-unlock-your-computer-from-An-Garda-Sichana-Irelands-National-Police-Service.html

Hope this may help!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-24 21:27

It is really annoying to get infected with this ransomware. And not a few people has fell into the trap and unfortunately paid the fine to unblock their computer. Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus might have already ruined your life. If you want to protect your computer from getting infected with those annoying and dangerous ransomware virus, trojan horse virus, rogue anti-malware in future, you may need a powerful computer protector, Anvi Smart Defender by Anvisoft is a smart anti-malware program that can better help you protect your computer in real-time together with anti-virus program. You can simply click here http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/ to download the free version or you can also buy Anvi Smart Defender Pro by this link http://www.anvisoft.com/product/smartdefenderpro.html . A very Simple click can give your computer a better protection. Have a try. :)
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby banksy001 » 2012-10-03 2:36

Hi,
I have the same problem as Hendrix104. I followed the advice up to the point where Shell file just shows explorer.exe and not phoney value. The reply was to skip to next step, but how do you know the name of the malicious file to remove? It is the Metropolitan Police Ukash Ransomeware that has infected my PC.
Any help would be gratefully received, this is infuriating.
banksy001

Postby Sophia » 2012-10-03 13:08

banksy001 wrote:Hi,
I have the same problem as Hendrix104. I followed the advice up to the point where Shell file just shows explorer.exe and not phoney value. The reply was to skip to next step, but how do you know the name of the malicious file to remove? It is the Metropolitan Police Ukash Ransomeware that has infected my PC.
Any help would be gratefully received, this is infuriating.

Hello, banky001

Sorry for the late reply.

Have you just followed the stated guide all the way up and just found it not work? You've just spotted the screen of this ransomware on your computer and you could still access to safe mode with command prompt running??? This technical data for this ransomware removal guide is just according to the sample in our database for analysed by our virus engineers. However, if you think you encounter a totally new variant of this infuriating threat, can you please send us the smaple for our engineer to figure it out ? We will highly appreciate that. By the way, to fix the issue you encounter now, if both the two removal choices fail in your case, I would like to introduce you one more choice-safe mode with command prompt restore. For detaied guide to do so and get rid of this Metropolitan Police ukash scam, please check more here:http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-973-0.html See the System Restore removal part.

Any feedback, please get in touch.

G
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby banksy001 » 2012-10-05 9:21

Thanks. System restore worked. I should have thought of trying that.
banksy001

Postby Abadam » 2012-10-09 3:38

Thanks for this page and U guys,I have successfully removed this ukash virus from my computer.

Just wanted to let you know I have fixed it using your advised method!

The pro version of your smart defender amazingly worked after i have been tired of trying all kinds
of removal guide online.

It's nice to remove this malware.

Many many thanks
Abadam

Postby PedroMc » 2012-11-22 15:05

Hi,

this has been successful with me (boot disk) up until the scan part where my system doesnt display the C: Drive. I couldnt do the safe mode version as the log in wont accept my password for entry. Im assuming now its something to do with my McAfee Encrypted Endpoint log in.

Im not great with computers but technically minded and leard fast so any help will be appreciated.

Basicly, i need a fix that wont require my Encryption log in to work or a tool for removing the Encryption from a boot disk.

Cheers
PedroMc

Next

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Komenda Główna Policji virus (Paysafecard Scam)Sophia2487
How to Remove Bundeskriminalamt Pressestelle Virus (Ransomware Removal Guid)Sophia1565
How to Remove Αστυνομία Κύπρου Virus (Ransomware Removal Guide)Sophia3199
How to Remove LPD BM.I Polizei Virus (Ransomware Removal Guide)Sophia2400
How to Remove Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü Virus (Ukash Scam)Sophia2050