How to Remove ilitili.com?(Homepage Changed to ilitili.com Removal)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Remove ilitili.com?(Homepage Changed to ilitili.com Removal)

Postby Autumn » 2012-08-09 4:59

This page mainly introduces ilitili.com removal guide to help you get rid of this annoying browser redirect virus.

ilitili.com is defined as a browser redirect virus or as a browser hijacker which can alter browser internet setting as well as the default homepage. It keeps popping up ilitili.com when you try to open other websites. Once installed, ilitili.com modifies or deletes your system files, which may make irrevocable damage to your computer.

Usually, ilitili.com installs itself on a computer without user's knowledge or consent. ilitili.com may contain rootkit and trojans which is able to steal your personal information and confidential data such as bank account information , credit card information, social security number.

You're highly encouraged to remove this redirect virus as soon as possible once detected. This step-by-step removal guide will tell you how to do it. Learn more here and remove ilitili.com from your computer thoroughly.

A screeshot of ilitili.com:

How to protect computer from getting infected with similar virus in future?

Where there is precaution,there is no danger. Precaution is the best protection. If you want to be safe online in future, you need to do something. Anvi Ad Blocker by Anvisoft was initially designed to assist users with online security. Anvi Ad Blocker v2.0 to better help users block malicious websites, phishing pop-ups and useless banners as well as to filter unwanted websites. With new-added auto-updating newest malicious URLs database , custom White Lists and Black Lists and real-time monitoring of online activities, Anvi Ad Blocker v2.0 can give your web browser a professional protection. Now, get the free version http://www.anvisoft.com/software/adb/
or buy the pro version http://www.anvisoft.com/product/anviadblockerpro.html to get rid of these annoying browser redirect viruses.

A screenshot of Anvi Ad Blocker v2.0:

ilitili.com.com Manual Removal Guide

Step 1> Boot/Restart your computer into "Safe Mode with Networking".

Step 2> Check the LAN settings of your browser.

ilitili.com.com may alter your Internet settings to block you from accessing other security websites, so you need to change the settings back first.

Open your Internet Explorer> click on Tools(gear bar if you’re using IE9)> select Internet Options> click on Connections> click on LAN settings and check whether the check box under “Proxy server” option is checked, if yes, uncheck it and click OK to complete.

Step 3> Check your hosts file and remove any malicious entries. Hosts file locates on C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Then there will come out hosts files and hosts backup files. Open both of them in the form of notepad and then make sure the hosts file is in accordance with the hosts backup file.

Should there is no backup host files in your computer, please open Host Files with Notepad. The default host files should be only one line:127.0.0.1 localhost in Windows XP and 127.0.0.1 localhost ::1 in Windows Vista, if there're more lines, please delete all of them and save the change.

Step 4> Check DNS (Domain Name Server) settings

To do this, you need to go to Control Panel->Network Connections->Local Area Connection->Right-click Local Area Network icon and select Properties->Select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and Click Properties once again. A window like this will display:

Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.

Step 5> Check IE add-ons. To do this, you need to open Internet Explorer->Tools->Manage Addons->Disable all unverified addons.

Step 6> Download and install Anvi Smart Defender (Highly Recommended) to fully scan your computer and remove all residual infection or potential infection. .

Image Image

Anvi Smart Defender will give your computer a full protection. We are trying our best to provide you with the best antivirus product. You're encouraged to leave a reply or a comment and we will answer your questions as soon as possible. If you enjoy this article, please feel free to share it with your friends. Thank you for your support to Anvisoft.
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Remove ilitili.com Completely? (Manual Removal Guide)

Postby jay » 2012-08-19 22:30

Believe or not. I could always find some useful information here and solve my problem. A very good forum.
jay

Postby tina » 2012-08-20 0:48

This page is a great help to me!!!! :lol:
tina

Postby Autumn » 2012-08-20 3:08

tina wrote:This page is a great help to me!!!! :lol:

Thanks. Tina.
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Remove ilitili.com?(Homepage Changed to ilitili.com Removal)

Postby lola » 2012-09-09 20:43

ilitili.com has brought me a lot of trouble. Thank you for posting this article. It helped me a lot.
lola

Postby Steve Estvanik » 2012-09-21 21:09

i did it all - took over 4 hours to run - found 3 'bad files' that it claimed to get rid of, all under safe mode -- net result - NADA - the virus is still actiive [took me 3 tries to even post this reply since it kept shifting me to other antivirus sites when i hit reply!]
Steve Estvanik

Postby Ivy » 2012-09-21 21:52

Hello Steve,
Welcome to Anvisoft forum and thanks for posting your problem here. I am Ivy and I am trying to help you with your problem.
I checked the removal guide clearly, and I suggest you refer to guide here to remove ilitili.com redirect virus.
http://www.anvisoft.com/resources/how-to-remove-www-ilitili-com-redirect-virus-brower-hijacker-removal-guide/

Important Note: You must perform the steps one by one, if you do not check your LAN settings, DNS settings and Hosts file, you will still get “www.ilitili.com” problem on your computer. TDSKiller and Anvi Smart Defender can only kill the rootkit virus and any other related threats, but they are unable to fix and restore the browser, DSN, host file modified by the rootkit virus. You need take manual measure (Step1 to Step4) to fix your browser problem.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Zwinky Toolbar and Search.tb.ask.com from IE/Firefox?Frances1151
How to Remove Ox-d.adxmediaone.com Pop-up Ads? (Ox-d.adxmediaone.com Pop-up Ads Removal Instruction)Ivy562
How to Remove Onlinefwd.com Redirect Virus? (Removal Guide)Ocean14656
How to Remove BeepieBear Adware (BeepieBear Ads and Deals Removal Guide)?Autumn298
How to Remove Ads by PassShow?(PassShow Adwware Removal Guide)Frances1828