How to completely remove searchsafer.com from my browser?

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to completely remove searchsafer.com from my browser?

Postby Ocean » 2012-08-02 4:55

Are you experiencing a hard time fighting against searchsafer.com? Being redirected to this unidentified domain will surly arouse dislikes among people. Pretend to be a resourceful search engine like Google, searchsafer.com follows exactly the same suit which makes victims difficult to sense the abnormality in the first or second use. Later, they may find out what’s unusual and try to get rid of it, but only to find the removal impossible. The trouble here is all kinds of security tool seem unable to solve the problem as the hijacker may hide root-kit infection to stop quick detection. One may try very hard, but still be left in the dark.

Below is a screenshot of this notorious hijacker.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Villainies Searchsafer.com may do to you when it captures your system.

1. Alter your default homepage to Searchsafer.com.
2. Reroute your search queries to itself or other unrelated malicious websites even if you type a specific site at address bar.
3. Infect and corrupt your registry entries to hinder some program from running.
4. It may drop tons of malicious files and .exe code on C drive to slow down your PC.
5. Pop up you numerous unwanted ads.
6. Further risks including making ways to unauthorized third party to your system to gather any information they want from you.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

How to eliminate redirect to this website?

Method 1:

Searchsafer.com Removal Guide:

Step 1: To make the removal easier, scan you PC with Anvi Smart Defender to disable virus, and malware process.

Anvi Smart Defender Official Download:

Free version: (Full ability in detecting and removing virus, rootkits, Trojan, and other malware)

Pro version: (+ Real-time guard of your PC.+ automatic malware database update, and other extra benefits.)

(30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE)

Step 2: Remove Searchsafer.com from the homepage of IE/FF/Chrome.

Internet Explorer:
    Click on Tools> Select Internet Options> On the General interface> Type the desired website in the Home page area> Click Apply to complete the operation

Google Chrome:
    Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Settings> In On startup section click Set pages> mouse-over to the Searchsafer.com and click the x symbol to remove it> Add your preferred domain and set it as your homepage.

Mozilla Firefox:
    Click Tools> Options> Switch to General in the opened window> Remove Searchsafer.com from the homepage box and enter a preferred domain > Click OK to complete the change.

Step 3: Remove Searchsafer.com from the new tab of IE/FF/Chrome.

Internet Explorer:
    Tools> Internet Options> General> Find the Tabs area, and click on Settings> Click on the button under: When a new tab is opened, open: > Select A blank page> Hit OK to complete the operation.

Google Chrome:
    Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon > Settings > Search > Manage search engines > Check the list of Default search engines, Other search engines> Remove Searchsafer.com> Click OK to complete the change.

Mozilla Firefox:
    Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning> Search for browser.newtab.url in the search bar >Right click on the result to reset. (Remove Searchsafer.com whether by setting it a blank page, or typing the desired website in the box,) > Hit OK to apply the change.

Step 4 Check Windows HOSTS file and remove additional malicious entries.

Go to: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Open the hosts file with Notepad, and you should see below image.

If you see more lines of code and IPs, delete them

Searchsafer.com is supposed to be completely removed from your browsers. However, your browser may still act weirdly due to corrupt registry entries left and plug-ins/extension added by this hijacker. Then go further steps with step 5-7.

Step 5: Remove Searchsafer.com related toolbar/add-ons/extensions from IE/FF/Chrome

Internet Explorer:
    Tools > Manage Add-ons > Find and delete Searchsafer.com related toolbar/add-on/extension

Google Chrome:
    Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon> Tools > Extensions > Find and delete Searchsafer.com related toolbar/add-on/extension

Mozilla Firefox:
    Tools > Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A) > Find and delete Searchsafer.com related toolbar/add-on/extension

Step 6: Scan your computer with a system cleaner tool, such as Cloud System Booster.

Important Note: You should never skip or overlook this operation since your browser might act strangely after the removal due to some registry errors or corrupt registry entries left. Scan your system with Cloud System Booster to remove such corrupt remnants and fix the errors in one-click.

If you skip this step, you will find your browser may take a long time to load a page, such condition will persist until you fix the registry error caused by the removal.

Click here to download Cloud System Booster to fix the problem.

Free version Download

Pro Version Download

Step 7: Restart your browser.

Method 2:

Tool Needed for This Fix: Anvi AD Blocker (Free/Pro Version)

-------- Block any websites that you think are dangerous or suspicious.

Step 1: Click the download button to get Anvi AD Blocker for free.

Step 2: Install the program, and run it at the background.

Step 3: Display Blocked Count and click on Blacklist.

Step 4: Choose to Add URL> add http://searchsafer.com/ to block list> click Add

AD1.jpg

Step 5: Hit Apply to complete the change.

AD2.jpg

Now, since you’ve got Anvi AD Blocker, you can block any website that annoys you. Enjoy our service for free, or you can get Pro version for more benefits. See more here.

Method 3

Tool needed for the Fix:

Anvi Smart Defender (Free/Pro Version)

Anvi Browser Repair Tool (Free Version)

Step 1 Scan your computer for virus infections.

Anvi Smart Defender- recommended. This anti-malware program can provide your PC with quick, accurate and agile protection from all forms of online threats.

Scan your PC with Anvi Smart Defender, ferret out malware infections and eliminate them all with one-click solution.

Download> install> perform a full scan> click remove to clear all threats found after scan completes.

Official Download Link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/

Step 2 Download Anvi Browser Repair Tool to fix searchsafer.com problem.

Click the Download button to get Anvi Browser Repair tool right away.

Anvi Browser Repair Tool is specialized in repairing browser settings and networking settings such as homepage, DNS settings, safe startup, plug-ins, Title Bar, etc, altered by malware infections. It also assists in normalizing safe browser searching.

Step 3 Check options such as Block Windows Startup Pop-up. (Default settings recommended)

Step 4 Choose to reset DNS settings.

Step 5 Click the Fix button to repair browser settings to normalize safe browser usage.

Now, searchsafer.com is supposed to be removed from your PC, the redirect phenomenon won’t happen again.

Method 3:

Step 1. Start your computer into Safe Mode with Networking.

For more details please visit:How to Boot a Computer into Safe Mode?

Step 2. Check Windows HOSTS file for additional entries

Go to: C: \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc. locate hosts file and double click on it to open with Notepad.

Step 3. Check DNS settings to make sure they are set to obtain address automatically.

Windows Start icon> Control Panel> Network Connections> Local Area Connection and select Properties> Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)> Properties> choose Obtain DNS server address automatically.

Step 4. Download TDSSkiller from Kaspersky, install and run the file to kill searchsafer.com.

Click below button to download directly.

Important Note: If you’re blocked from downloading the file from the Internet. Check the LAN settings of your browser and remove potential malicious proxy server added.

For more details please visit: How to Remove Internet Explorer Malicious Proxy Server?

A reboot of PC may be required after the removal. This time, reboot the computer in regular mode.

Step 5. Download b]Anvi Smart Defender[/b], install the program and run a full scan to complete the removal of searchsafer.com.

Image Quick download

Official download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/?refer=forums
Ocean
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to completely remove searchsafer.com from my browser

Postby jay » 2012-08-02 8:26

+1

I'm Jay. Follow me, please. I will also follow you back. Thank you. :mrgreen:
jay

Re: How to completely remove searchsafer.com from my browser?

Postby moosecull » 2012-08-03 5:55

It becomes really hard to remove Searchsafer.com if it grabbed the deep infection of your PC. In fact if you are a novice user then it is not possible to do so. But i removed Searchsafer.com browser hijacker very easily with the help of this article.
moosecull

Postby jacobmartin » 2012-08-04 1:10

If you are not able to access your browser normally and always redirected to unknown websites whenever try to make your searches on Google or Yahoo or any other browsers and you have detect that all these problems arises due to searchsafer.com which is a dangerous browser hijacker invade your PC. Its really very annoying because some days ago an unknown browser hijacker named as Merchantcircle.com also enters my PC and attacked on my web browser but with the help of a great spyware removal tool, I got rid of that dangerous browser hijacker easily and in just some minutes. Now my PC is performing very well and in efficient manner. So, you can also wish to use it to remove searchsafer.com to make your PC safe and clean because this tool has also the ability to remove several other spyware, malware or adwares. I hope its really work for you.
http://www.clean-spyware.net/remove-merchantcircle-com-browser-hijacker-completely-from-your-pc
jacobmartin

Postby ooohmg » 2012-08-06 4:44

moosecull wrote:It becomes really hard to remove Searchsafer.com if it grabbed the deep infection of your PC. In fact if you are a novice user then it is not possible to do so. But i removed Searchsafer.com browser hijacker very easily with the help of this article.

Anvisoft team are always dedicated in providing user valuable information about how to remove malware, trojan, redirect virus, etc. Well done. :ugeek:
ooohmg

Postby Ocean » 2013-02-01 4:52

For Internet Explorer users, PAY ATTENTION!

You can terminate Google Redirect virus by Anvi Browser Repair Tool.
The newly developed redirect virus killer is supposed to benefit its users for free.

For Anvi Smart Defender user: Update the program to the latest version, you will find the Browser Repair Tool in its ToolBox.

For new users: Download the Browser Repair Tool separately

here.
Or
Download Anvi Smart Defender to benefit from malware prevention

and redirect virus fix at the same time.

Google Chrome & Firefox repair tools are still under development. Any suggestion is welcomed.
Ocean
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Onlinefwd.com Redirect Virus? (Removal Guide)Ocean14783
How to remove Web.longfintuna.net Pop-up Virus? (Web.longfintuna.net Pop-up Ads Removal Instruction)Ivy4808
How to Remove Search.Snap.Do from Your Computer and Internet Browser (Resoft, Smartbar)Sophia669122
How to Remove UTAdRemovalApp 2.0 Extension from Your Google Chrome?Ivy7348
How to Remove Lpcloudbox329.com Popups from Browser?Autumn235