How to Get Rid of Nationzoom.com Homepage from IE/FF/Chrome? (Nation Zoom Browser Hijacker Removal Instruction)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Get Rid of Nationzoom.com Homepage from IE/FF/Chrome? (Nation Zoom Browser Hijacker Removal Instruction)

Postby Ivy » 2013-12-02 2:15

Homepage is changed and redirected to Nationzoom.com without your consent? Tried to remove the redirect but it always got back? This post will introduce how to remove Nation Zoom browser hijacker and Nationzoom.com homepage redirect from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. Please read more.

About Nationzoom.com homepage redirect and Nation Zoom Browser hijacker:

Nation Zoom is browser hijacker which is designed to promote their search engines, homepage, or other services as well as display ads. Nation zoom is mainly prompted via software downloaded from websites and freeware, that’s probably why people are usually unaware of how and when this gate-crasher comes to install on their browsers. When install free downloads, Nation Zoom browser hijacker will install automatically on your computer and make Nationzoom.com as your default homepage or startup page and new tab page.

Nationzoom.com browser hijacker.jpg

Nationzoom.com is the redirected homepage and startup page supported by the browser hijacker. It is mainly used to search items and display search result like Google or Yahoo search. But it’s disgusting that when search with nationzoom.com search engine, computer users will get dishonest and ad-supported result items. Furthermore, it also acts to collect the personal information such as the IP address, search habit, and more information for ads-distributing purpose.

Like Qvo6.com, v9.com redirect virus, start.qone8.com and dosearches.com, nationzoom.com acts very annoying and becomes stubborn to be removed. It not only hijacks your homepage of your web browser, but it also make your new tab page being redirected to http://nationzoom.com. Furthermore, nationzoom.com redirect virus also hijack the shortcut tab in order to make the nationzoom.com redirect coming back again after you manually repair the browser search engine and homepage.

Nationzoom.com redirect Virus Removal Instruction outlined

Step 1 > Uninstall Nationzoom.com and related elements, such as eSave Security Control, DProtect, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect, Omiga plus,Dosearches Browser protector from your computer.

Step 2 > Remove DNationzoom.com homepage and "Nation Zoom search" engines from IE/FF/Chrome.

Step 3 > Eliminate malicious files left by Nationzoom.com redirect virus with anti-malware Anvi Smart Defender.

To completely uninstall Nation Zoom browser hijacker and Nationzoom.com redirect virus from your computer please use the guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a reply below and we will try to help fix your problem as soon as possible.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Step 1 > Uninstall Nationzoom.com and related elements, such as eSave Security Control, DProtect, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect or Omiga plus from your computer

• For Windows 8, open the Start screen, type Uninstall and then go to Settings. In the search results, go to Uninstall a program.

• For Windows 7 and Vista, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel then Programs and then Uninstall a Program

• For Windows XP, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel then Add or Remove Programs

Please find and select to uninstall eSave Security Control, DProtect, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect or Omiga plus,Dosearches Browser protector etc. If you find more elements related to Nation Zoom, please make sure to remove or uninstall them all. If you can not find those mentioned items, please ignore the step and move forward.

Please note that, the malicious applications is rarely listed as Nationzoom.com or Nation zoom in the currently installed programs list. Please check carefully and try to remember what software you installed recently. Please make sure to remove them all. If you miss one of the malicious elements, you will still experience the same problem.

Alternatively, uninstall "Nation" related items using Anvi Uninstaller

1. Install the free or paid version of Cloud System Booster which provide you free tool Anvi Uninstaller.

Cloud System Booster Download:http://www.anvisoft.com/cloud-system-booster.html

2. Open the program and click Toolbox>, Download Anvi Uninstaller and then run it.

3. Search for eSave Security Control, DProtect, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect, Dosearches Browser protector, select click Uninstall.

Anvi Uninstaller perfect uninstall will clear off leftovers of the removed program. The Pro feature is only available in Cloud System Booster Pro. To use this Perfect Uninstall feature, you need to install Cloud System Booster Pro. Cloud System Booster Free version doesn’t offer this feature.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Step 2 > Remove Nationzoom.com redirect and Nation Zoom browser hijacker from IE/FF/Chrome.

Remove Nationzoom.com redirect and Nation zoom browser hijacker from in Google Chrome:

1. Please open your browser, go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages.

You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete http://Nationzoom.com.

remove nation zoom startup page from Chrome.jpg

2. Please continue and go to Appearance area, and then click Change.

change chrome appearance.jpg

Remove Nationzoom.com from the Open this page tab and then Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.

remove Nationzoom.com homepage from Chrome.jpg

3. You should move forward and go to Search area, click on Manage Search Engines…

Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider, and then select Nationzoom from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.

4. Please close your Google Chrome, right click on the shortcut on desktop and startup menu, in the drop-down menu, please select Properties.

In Shortcut tab, please remove "http://Nationzoom.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Chrome executable file. Nothing more.

repair Chrome Shortcut.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Remove Nationzoom.com redirect and Nation zoom browser hijacker in Firefox :

1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools > Options, Under the General tab reset the startup homepage to Google.com or as blank page.

2. Reset changed items of your Firefox.

Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter;

Accept the Warning message by click “I'll be careful, I promise!” to continue.

Search for dosearch or Nation zoom in the search bar >Right click on each item and select Reset> Hit OK to apply the change.

3. Right-click on the Mozilla Firefox on desktop and startup menu, in the drop-down menu, please select Properties.

In Shortcut tab and remove "http://Nationzoom.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Firefox executable file.

repair Firefox shortcut.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Remove Nationzoom.com redirect and Nation zoom browser hijacker in Internet Explorer:

It would be easy for you to fix problem caused by Nationzoom.com virus on your Internet Explorer, because Anvisoft team has developed a free to quick troubleshoot IE problem caused by malware infection. You can take the free tool, Anvi Browser Repair tool to repair the homepage, malicious toolbar and search engines with one-click solution.

Anvi Browser Repair Tool Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/browser-repair-tool.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Alternatively repair Internet Explorer Nationzoom.com redirect manually

1) Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools >> Manage Add-ons.
Select Toolbars and Extensions. Uninstall everything related to Nation Zoom the list: Dosearch Browser Protector, defaut tab, etc.

2) Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Bing, Google or Yahoo search engine and make it your default search provider (set as default). Then select Nation zoom and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window).

3) Go to Tools → Internet Options. Select General tab and click Use default button or enter your own website, e.g. gooog.com instead of Nationzoom.com Click OK to save the changes.

4) Please close your Internet Explorer, right click on the shortcut on desktop and startup menu, in the drop-down menu, please select Properties.
In Shortcut tab, please remove “http://Nationzoom.com….” from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to IE executable file. Nothing more.

repair IE shortcut.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Step 3 > Eliminate malicious files left by Nationzoom.com redirect virus with anti-malware Anvi Smart Defender.

Anvi Smart Defender is brand new anti-malware software to detect, block and remove latest malware threats including Trojan, ransomware, worms, backdoors and malicious adware.

After you download and install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate Nationzoom.com infection file. Once the scan complete, please make sure to click “Remove” button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.

Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Get Rid of Nationzoom.com Homepage from IE/FF/Chrome? (Nation Zoom Browser Hijacker Removal Instruction)

Postby Larene Grady » 2013-12-04 14:07

Hey Guys!

I have done EVERYTHING that you guys have posted about getting rid of this stupid thing, even removed everything that was recently downloaded. I STILL cannot find where this SOB is hiding in my computer!

HELP!! I have changed everything back to what it was before and this sneaky thing keeps hijacking my web browser. What else can I do? Please do not tell me I am stuck with this god forsaken awful search engine.

Thanks!!
Larene Grady

Re: How to Get Rid of Nationzoom.com Homepage from IE/FF/Chrome? (Nation Zoom Browser Hijacker Removal Instruction)

Postby Ivy » 2013-12-04 20:11

Hi Larene,

What browser do you use and still experience the nationzoom.com redirect?
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Larene Grady » 2013-12-04 22:10

Ivy wrote:Hi Larene,

What browser do you use and still experience the nationzoom.com redirect?

Google Chrome.

I have tried uninstalling it and resetting all of the other things that would remove this stupid thing. Still there. When I click on my home page button, it sends me to my home page but still opens a new tab to this hijacker browser.
Larene Grady

Postby Ivy » 2013-12-04 22:49

Hi Larene,

Please check once again to repair your Google Chrome browser settings.

1. Open Google Chrome, click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions, check if there any malicious toolbar. If any, please click the Transhcan to remove.

2. Repair the startup page.

3. Repair the appearance homepage.

4. Repair the search engine.

4. Repair the desktop shortcut and start menu Chrome shortcut.

Please make sure to repair all the items changed by nationzoom hijacker, if you miss one of the item, you may still experience the same problem.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Arteclea » 2013-12-05 11:28

I am having the same problem. I have done everything, changed all the properties locations, uninstalled all things that were installed when this damn thing took over, ran malwarebytes, adaware antivirus, ccleaner, hitman pro, anvi smartdefender, and a few others trying to get this thing removed, started in safe mode and deleted some files that looked suspicious. I do not know what else to do. This thing is hiding really well. Any additional advice other than what is already here????
Arteclea

Postby Larene Grady » 2013-12-05 13:25

I've done every single thing, still there! This is getting frustrating.
Larene Grady

Postby Ivy » 2013-12-05 20:23

Arteclea wrote:I am having the same problem. I have done everything, changed all the properties locations, uninstalled all things that were installed when this damn thing took over, ran malwarebytes, adaware antivirus, ccleaner, hitman pro, anvi smartdefender, and a few others trying to get this thing removed, started in safe mode and deleted some files that looked suspicious. I do not know what else to do. This thing is hiding really well. Any additional advice other than what is already here????

Hi Arteclea,

The final solution to remove the nationzoom.com is to repair the shortcut and change the properties location. (both on desktop and startup menu)

As you have done this and still have the same problem. I highly recommend you clear your browser cookies.

To do that, please open the Cloud System Booster, Go to Disk Cleaner, on Internet Explorer,Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox tab, please select Internet Explorer Cookies, Mozilla Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies option, and then start the scan.

clear browser cookies.jpg

After you clean the cookies, please make sure to uncheck the options by clicking on the "Default" in the Disk Cleaner Tab.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Ivy » 2013-12-05 20:24

Larene Grady wrote:I've done every single thing, still there! This is getting frustrating.

Hi Larene,

Please also go to clear your Google Chrome browser cookies as suggested in the above reply.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Larene Grady » 2013-12-05 21:49

Ivy wrote:
Larene Grady wrote:I've done every single thing, still there! This is getting frustrating.

Hi Larene,

Please also go to clear your Google Chrome browser cookies as suggested in the above reply.

I just cleared the cookies. Still freaking there!!

Oh my gosh. This is getting frustrating. It is stuck somewhere and I cannot find WHERE.
Larene Grady

Next

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove EnjoyCoupon Adware?(Removal Instructions)Frances189
How to Remove Win32/Spy.SpyEye.CA Infection? (Trojan Removal Guide)Autumn1470
How to Remove Lpmxbox600.com Pop-up Ads?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances415
How to Uninstall 1ClickDownloader Malware-Remove 3rd-party HijackersSophia4401
How to Remove TR/Sirefef.A.61 Trojan? (Trojan Horse Removal Guide)Autumn2408