Search.snapdo.com Hijacker Description:
Search.snapdo.com or Feed.snapdo.com is categorized as an browser redirect virus which usually promoted via free downloads. Once installed, your browser’s home page and default search engine will be changed to Search.snapdo.com(http://feed.snapdo.com/?publisher=ShoppingHelper&dpid=ShoppingHelper&co) without your permission. Search.snapdo.com comes bundled with Shopping Helper Toolbar. It will install a Shopping Helper Smartbar Engine on your computer, namely the fake Search.snapdo.com.
Search.snapdo.com is not a legitimate search engine. It is ads supported and the search results are filled with sponsored links where you can get no reliable search services but high risk of being infected with malwares. You may receive many annoying pop up advertisements and when you search for something you might be redirected to some other unknown website which may contains malicious programs.
Search.snapdo.com is also capable of using cookies to track and collect users informations like email address, IP address or online histories for unethical marketing usage. You are not suggested to keep using this fake search engine, you should remove it as soon as possible.
How your Computer Gets Infected with Search.snapdo.com Hijacker?
Usually Shopping Helper Toolbar and Search.snapdo.com come bundled with free programs you download from internet. When you install those free apps, you may agree to change your browser settings. At the same time you may agree to get many other unknown programs installed such as SmileysWeLove, Lucky Leap, AccelerateTab ,etc.
Shopping Helper Toolbar and Search.snapdo.com are not malicious virus, but considering their way of getting inside into your computer and malicious behavior of modifying your system settings, they are reported as a potentially unwanted program. You should not keep them on your computer.
By the way, computer users should always remember that download freewares or free applications from Internet is the most common way for your computer to be infected with malwares. You should be careful and thoughtful when you download softwares, always remember that you should download them from its official site. On the other hand when you install them, keep in mind the Advanced or Custom installation should be your first choice and do not select anything that is not familiar to you.
Similar Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus:
Holasearch.com,Www.govome.com,FindWide,Help Me Find Your Info Hijacker,BasicScan.com,Software Education Hijacker,Hotstartsearch.com,Mixmeister Search,Delta Search Hijacker,VGrabber Browser Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com,Buscaid.com,Noticiasalpunto.com,Searchzone.com,Startpins Redirect,Pageset Redirect,Prize Party,Fastsurveyworld.net,SearchTermResults.com,Globososo Browser Hijacker,Click.efacts.com,imitsearch.net Redirect,Bigseekpro.com Hijacker,iSoft Online Search,Systemcare-antivirus.org Redirect,Search.smartsuggestor.com,Theallsearches.com Redirect,Chatzum.com,Mystart.smilebox.com Redirect,BuscaID.com Redirect,QSearch.com Hijacker, Somoto.com,Onlinefwd.com (http://onlinefwd.com/),Flirt.com,en.v9.com,Click.Scour.com Redirect,MyPlayCity Search,Freecorder.com,Inksdata.com,Search.rpidity.com(Http://search.rpidity.com/),Arcade Safari (Arcadesafari.com),Basicseek.com,http://frameseek.com/,Websearch.youwillfind.info,Clickorati.com,Search.snapdo.com,V9tr.com,BrowserSeek Search,UStart Redirect,Cherchi.biz RedirectAdvertising-support.com,fastfreesearch.com,Websearch+ (websearch.brandthunder.com),Gotostat.ru,Websearch.lookforithere.info,QuiBids.com,Search.snapdo.com,MySearchDial Redirect,WebBrowserSearch.com,Http://pcspeedplus.com/scan/，Searchpig.net, Search.creativetoolbars.com, Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com, Cpvfeed.mediatraffic.com,Search.alot.com, Dnsbasic.com,SafeSearch.net,Zwangi.com,Websearch.searchrocket.info,Brothersoft,Findwebnow.com,Searchalgo.com,isearch.avg.com,Websearch.just-browse.info, Search.smartaddressbar.com,Qone8.com,Search.softonic.com,Flipora Search,Search.ueep.com,HotSearch.com,WebSearch.pu-result.info,WebSearch.a-searchpage.info, Search.beamrise.com,GlobaSearch.com,Websearch.searchsupporter.info.
Search.snapdo.com Browser Hijacker Removal Guide Overview
- Step 1. Uninstall Shopping Helper Smartbar Engine from Computer
- Optional Troubleshoot--Uninstall Shopping Helper Smartbar Engine with Anvi Uninstaller
- Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions and Reset your Browsers with Anvi Slim Toolbar(Recommended)
Malware Prevention and Pop-up Ads Blocking Tips
Step 1 Uninstall Shopping Helper Smartbar Engine from Computer
Windows 7/Vista users:
- Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel".
Locate "Programs", "Uninstall a Program".
Look for Shopping Helper Smartbar Engine（Search.snapdo.com） related program, select this entry and click Uninstall.
Windows XP users:
- Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel".
Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features".
Look for Shopping Helper Smartbar Engine（Search.snapdo.com） related program, select this entry and click Remove.
- Please note, Search.snapdo.com related program may vary by name and you are suggested to uninstall any suspicious or unfamiliar third party program.
Optional Troubleshoot--Uninstall Shopping Helper Smartbar Engine with Anvi Uninstaller
- Anvi Uninstaller is a high efficient, free tool designed to help users conveniently and efficiently uninstall unwanted programs.
Direct download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/aun/
Or you can download and install Cloud System Booster, then launch this program, click on Expert(next to the Home button)—Toolbox—Anvi Uninstaller–-Download this uninstall tool.
When Anvi Uninstaller opened, find the Search.snapdo.com related programs, or you can click on Recently Installed tab, then you will find the programs recently installed on your computer. Choose the suspicious or unfamiliar one, click on the Uninstall button to uninstall them.
Step 2 Remove Unfamiliar Extensions and Reset your Browsers(Manually)
* For Internet Explorer
- 1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- 2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for any unwanted add-on and remove it if located.
- 3. Click on Search providers, remove the Search.snapdo.com engine from the list.
- 3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://feed.snapdo.com/?publisher=ShoppingHelper&dpid=ShoppingHelper&co... with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation.
* For Mozilla Firefox
- 1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
- 2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the any unwanted add-on extensions and plugins and remove or disable it.
- 3. Go to Navigation Toolbar > click on the Manage search engines > find the Search.snapdo.com> Remove it then click on the OK button to save the changes.
- 4. Go to Tools> Options> General> Replace http://feed.snapdo.com/?publisher=ShoppingHelper&dpid=ShoppingHelper&co... with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
*For Google Chrome
- 1 Click on Wrench or 3-Bars icon(next to the address bar) and navigate to Tools > Extensions, disable or uninstall unwanted extensions .
- If this extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled, click here to learn-How to Remove a Managed Google Chrome extension.
- 2 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘On startup’> ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’, click on the Set pages button to change this http://feed.snapdo.com/?publisher=ShoppingHelper&dpid=ShoppingHelper&co... to www.google com, then click on OK to save the changes,or you can click the X to remove this domain.
- 3 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Appearances’> ‘Show Home button’, click on the Change button to change your browser homepage.
- 4 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘settings’ > ‘Manage search engines'.
Click on Make Default option to make Yahoo! as your default search engine and click on the X to remove Search.snapdo.com.
Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions and Reset your Browsers with Anvi Slim Toolbar(Recommended)
- Most computer users were suffered or are suffering from the self-invited browser add-ons or browser hijackers. To a large extent those programs are potentially unwanted because they may put users computer into high risk of being infected with malwares by installing ads supported toolbars, or modifying users browser homepage and default search engine to some illegitimate one.
Anvi Slim Toolbar is a practical, easy to use and uses-friendly tool. It is has three function mode, Scan, Manage and Browser Repair. Anvi Slim Toolbar is designed to help computer users detect and remove malicious and unnecessary toolbars, browser add-ons, extensions and plugins.
Anvi Slim Toolbar is also available for repairing web browser problem caused by malicious toolbars or other malwares such as adware, browser hijacker and redirect virus. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, which means it can reset your browsers homepage and default search engine to the genuine one automatically.
- Direct Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
- 1 Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar. On the main screen of this program, please click on the Scan button to scan your computer.
- 2 Click on the Manage button to view details about the found toolbars and remove the unwanted one.
- 3 Click on the Browser Repair button to repair your browser. Select the relative browser that you need to repair. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Note: Chances are exist that it fails to detect some malicious toolbars or repair browser settings, in such case please report the malicious toolbar and domain to us then will analyze and add them to our database as soon as possible.
Step 3 Clean Residual Files, Invalid Registry Entries and Junk Files with Cloud System Booster
- After the Search.snapdo.com related program has been removed from your system, some residual files maybe still in there. To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System Booster by clicking download link below:
- 1 Download Cloud System Booster www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
- 2 Go to Settings, Boost tab, expand Cleaner and then expand Privacy Clean, please select Internet Explorer Cookies, Mozilla Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies option, and then click Apply and then OK to save your modification.
3 Return to the home screen of Cloud System Booster, click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)
Malware Prevention and Pop-up Ads Blocking Tips (IMPORTANT)
- To make sure the computer is clean from Search.snapdo.com and any potential malware infections, you are highly recommended to use Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to protect your computer.
- Anvi Smart Defender is a brand new anti-malware software designed to protect your PC from being infected with computer virus and malware. Featuring with the powerful Cloud Scan Technologies and daily updated database, Anvi Smart Defender can detect, block and remove latest malware threats including Trojan, ransomware, worms, backdoors and malicious adware. Anvi Smart Defender is devote to providing advanced Internet security solution for computer users.
- Download Anvi Smart Defender and have a try: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
- Please note, after the tool has been downloaded and installed, make sure database is updated to the latest version and also ensure the Anvi Smart Defender is set to scan the rootkit by clicking settings shown below. And then click OK to save the change and close the window to run this scanner.
- To update the database to the latest version you need to go to the Anvi Smart Defender installation folder, and find the ASDTry.exe file, right click to run as Administrator.
- Now perform a full scan with Anvi Smart Defender then remove all the found threats.
- Pop-up Ads Blocking Tips: To block pop up ads and any unwanted or malicious website, you can take advantage of this ads-block tool--Anvi AD Blocker(which is available and free in Toolbox of Anvi Smart Defender Pro, the picture shown above). Anvi AD Blocker is designed to automatically filter and block malicious websites, phishing sites, pop-up ads, etc. to build a solid browser hijacker defense to your system. Please click the “Free Download” picture below to download this tool directly.
- For instance, to block the Search.snapdo.com from your web browser, you can just add this Search.snapdo.com to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter search.snapdo.com in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change.
Recommendation for Slow PC
- ---Slow PC Booster--Anvi Ultimate Defrag---Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a safe, quick and efficient tool for users to improve their computer performance by analyzing fragmented files, cleaning system junk files, repairing bad disk sectors and defragging hard drives. Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a brand-new utility that allows you to defrag multiple drives simultaneously as well as defrag removable drives such as mobile disk and USB drive.
---PC Startup Booster-- Anvi Startup Booster---Anvi Startup Booster is developed to help users start their Windows faster and smarter by simplifying start-up process, optimizing system settings, deactivating unnecessary programs and configuring network settings.