If have no idea how "Search Protect by Conduit" get installed on your computer and need to learn more about the program Search Protect by Conduit? Then, you come to the right place. This post will go to explain what Search Protect by Conduit is and how to uninstall it from your Windows computer. Please read more.
What is "Search Protect by Conduit"?
Search Protect by Conduit is a free program issued by conduit. LTD that claims to keep your browser protected from malware, bad extensions and home page hijacks, but as a matter as fact, "Search Protect by Conduit" is a potentially unwanted program, it always come together with browser hijacker search.conduit.com, that will hijack you homepage, startup page, new tab page and search engines. Sometimes, it also adds unwanted toolbar such as conduit toolbar, and many other toolbars issued by conduit on your web browser.
Is "Search Protect by Conduit" dangerous?
Search Protect by Conduit is not malicious related. Like many other potentially unwanted program, it is often distributed via free downloads or cracked software. When you install a free program, "Search Protect by Conduit" may install automatically on your computer without any obvious notification. Once get installed on your computer, Search Protect by Conduit will run in the background to protect you from all threats and block all attempts to manipulate your browser by other browser hijacker except the one it bundled with.
Should I remove Search Protect by Conduit?
The answer is opposite. Search Protect by Conduit adds a task job and run automatically every one minutes from 12:00 Am for 24 hours every day, that resulting bad web browser performance such as your web browser crashing unexpectedly, running very slow, and no response when visit websites. Furthermore, as described above, Search Protect by Conduit is always installed with browser hijacker, if you do not uninstall Search Protect by Conduit, you will still experience search.conduit.com redirect problem on your web browser.
How to remove/uninstall Search Protect by Conduit completely from my computer?
Please follow steps below to remove Search protect by conduit and disable it from start automatically at Windows startup. If you experience the search.conduit.com browser hijacker and redirect, please follow the post How to Remove Conduit Search Toolbar and search.conduit.com redirect? Should you have any problem, please leave a reply below.
Step 1 > Uninstall Search Protect by Conduit from Windows Control Panel.
• For Windows 8, open the Start screen, type Uninstall and then go to Settings. In the search results, go to Uninstall a program.
• For Windows 7 and Vista, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel then Programs and then Uninstall a Program
• For Windows XP, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel then Add or Remove Programs
Please find and select to uninstall Search Protect by Conduit as shown in image below.
Alternatively, uninstall "Search Protect by Conduit" by using Anvi Uninstaller
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster which provides you fee tool Anvi Uninstaller.
2. Open the program and click Expert > Toolbox tab. Run Anvi Uninstaller.
3. Search for items that related to Search Protect by Conduit select click Uninstall. You are highly encouraged to check program in “Recently Installed” list and remove any suspicious programs.
Step 2 > Disable "Search Protect by Conduit" service and startup entry to prevent it come back again.
As we stated above, "Search Protect by Conduit" creates startup item and quick installer which enables automatic installation at Windows startup, to prevent it come back again, you should remove all element related to "Search Protect by Conduit".
1. Download Anvi Startup Booster and install it: http://www.anvisoft.com/startup-booster.html
2. After you get Anvi Startup Booster installed, please go to Startup Tab, find setup that’s belonging to "Search Protect by Conduit", and then click the drop-down menu button, select the Location from the list, and you will be forwarded to the program folder of Search Protect by Conduit, please make sure to delete all file located under the "Search Protect by Conduit".
Expand the drop down menu of Setup again, click on “Delete” button again to remove the "Search Protect by Conduit" from the startup menu.
3. Then go to Anvi Startup Booster "Service" tab, Find and search for "Search Protect by Conduit" and then disable it.
Alternatively, you can go to find and remove Search Protect by Conduit startup item and program folder manually:
1. Click Start button, and type msconfig.exe in the open edit box and click OK. Then under the Startup tab, select the check box next to the Search Protect by Conduit program so there is NO check mark in the box.
2. Then, please switch to Service tab and uncheck the Search Protect by Conduit and other related services there. Then click on Apply to take effect and click OK to save changes and exit.