Strtsrv.com enters into your computer and changes your browser’s homepage to Strtsrv.com without your permission? What is Strtsrv.com? Is this website safe? This post shows you more details and a step by step removal guide to get rid of this hijacker.
Strtsrv.com Browser Hijacker Description:
Quite similar to the previous Inksdata.com and Click.efacts.com, Strtsrv.com is categorized as a browser hijacker for its usually comes into users computer via free downloads and modifies users browser settings without their permission. Once installed, Strtsrv.com program can change your browser settings immediately and perform no good things to your computer.
Strtsrv.com browser hijacker is different from other common hijackers, for example, Search.fantastigames.com. There is no search box on the main screen of Strtsrv.com but few sentences claiming that you need to contact your system administrator for some unknown informations. This Strtsrv.com browser hijacker blocks you from browsing the web pages normally while you are trying to surf on your Internet browser. And it can hijacker the browsers you have installed such as Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Strtsrv.com is available in most versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Strtsrv.com browser hijacker causes many annoying issues and make your PC at great risk. You may receive many annoying pop up advertisements and have a high risk of being infected with malicious computer virus. browser hijackers like this Strtsrv.com is capable of using cookies to collect users online traces or personal informations for unethical marketing. You are nor recommended to use Strtsrv.com and keep it on your computer.
How your Computer Gets Infected with Strtsrv.com Browser Hijacker?
Usually Strtsrv.com comes bundled with other free applications from the internet, such as free videos, codes, or free softwares. When you install these free programs you may also agree to change your browser settings.
You should always remember that download freewares or free applications from Internet is the most common way for your computer to be infected with malwares. Usually computer users always pay a less attention on the download and installation process. When they install some applications they may also agree to change their system settings.
Considering its way of Strtsrv.com enters into your system and malicious behavior of modifying your system settings, you should remove this Strtsrv.com as soon as possible before it make more damage to your PC.
Similar Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus:
Holasearch.com,Www.govome.com,FindWide,Help Me Find Your Info Hijacker,BasicScan.com,Software Education Hijacker,Hotstartsearch.com,Mixmeister Search,Delta Search Hijacker,VGrabber Browser Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com,Buscaid.com,Noticiasalpunto.com,Searchzone.com,Startpins Redirect,Pageset Redirect,Prize Party,Fastsurveyworld.net,SearchTermResults.com,Globososo Browser Hijacker,Click.efacts.com,imitsearch.net Redirect,Bigseekpro.com Hijacker,iSoft Online Search,Systemcare-antivirus.org Redirect,Search.smartsuggestor.com,Theallsearches.com Redirect,Chatzum.com,Mystart.smilebox.com Redirect,BuscaID.com Redirect,QSearch.com Hijacker, Somoto.com,Onlinefwd.com (http://onlinefwd.com/),Flirt.com,en.v9.com,Click.Scour.com Redirect,MyPlayCity Search,Freecorder.com,Inksdata.com,Search.rpidity.com(Http://search.rpidity.com/),Arcade Safari (Arcadesafari.com),Basicseek.com,http://frameseek.com/,Websearch.youwillfind.info,Clickorati.com,isearch.babylon.com,V9tr.com,BrowserSeek Search,UStart Redirect,Cherchi.biz RedirectAdvertising-support.com,fastfreesearch.com,Websearch+ (websearch.brandthunder.com),Gotostat.ru,Websearch.lookforithere.info,QuiBids.com,Search.snapdo.com,MySearchDial Redirect,WebBrowserSearch.com,Http://pcspeedplus.com/scan/，Searchpig.net, Search.creativetoolbars.com, Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com, Cpvfeed.mediatraffic.com,Search.alot.com, Dnsbasic.com,SafeSearch.net,Zwangi.com,Websearch.searchrocket.info,Brothersoft,Findwebnow.com,Searchalgo.com,isearch.avg.com,Websearch.just-browse.info, Search.smartaddressbar.com,Qone8.com,Search.softonic.com,Flipora Search,Search.ueep.com,HotSearch.com,WebSearch.pu-result.info,WebSearch.a-searchpage.info, Search.beamrise.com,GlobaSearch.com,Websearch.searchsupporter.info.
Strtsrv.com Browser Hijacker Removal Instructions Overview
- Step 1. Uninstall unfamiliar and suspicious program from computer
Step 2. Remove unfamiliar extensions and reset your browsers(manually)
- Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions using Anvi Slim Toolbar
Malware Prevention Tips(IMPORTANT)
Step 1 Uninstall Strtsrv.com related program from Computer through Control Panel
Windows 7/Vista users:
- Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel".
Locate "Programs", "Uninstall a Program". Look for Strtsrv.com related program, select this entry and click Uninstall.
Windows XP users:
- Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel".
Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features".
Look for Strtsrv.com related program, select this entry and click Remove.
- Please note, Strtsrv.com related program may vary by name and you are suggested to uninstall any suspicious or unfamiliar third party program.
Step 2. Remove unfamiliar extensions and reset your browsers
* For Internet Explorer
- 1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- 2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for any unwanted add-on and remove it if located.
- 3. Click on Search providers, remove unwanted engines from the list.
- 3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General > Replace http://www.strtsrv.com/ with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation.
* For Mozilla Firefox
- 1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
- 2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the any unwanted add-on extensions and plugins and remove or disable it.
- 3. Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
- 4. Type "Keyword.url ",“browser.search.defaultengine”,then “browser.search.selectedengine”, "browser.newtab.url" in the search box, Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the unwanted search engines won’t launch on itself.
- 5. Go to Tools> Options> General> Replace http://www.strtsrv.com/ with a preferred domain> Click OK to complete the change.
*For Google Chrome
- 1 Click on Wrench or 3-Bars icon next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions,disable or uninstall unwanted extensions .
- If this extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled, click here to learn-How to Remove a Managed Google Chrome extension.
- 2 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘settings’ > ‘Manage search engines'.
Click on the X to remove unwanted search engines and make google.com as your default search engine.
- 3 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Appearances’> ‘Show Home button’, click on the Change button to change your browser homepage.
Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions and Repair Browsers using Anvi Slim Toolbar
- Most computer users were suffered or are suffering from the self-invited browser add-ons or browser hijackers. To a large extent those programs are potentially unwanted because they may put users computer into high risk of being infected with malwares by installing ads supported toolbars, or modifying users browser homepage and default search engine to some illegitimate one.
Anvi Slim Toolbar is a practical, easy to use and uses-friendly tool. It is has three function mode, Scan, Manage and Browser Repair. Anvi Slim Toolbar is designed to help computer users detect and remove malicious and unnecessary toolbars, browser add-ons, extensions and plugins.
Anvi Slim Toolbar is also available for repairing web browser problem caused by malicious toolbars or other malwares such as adware, browser hijacker and redirect virus. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, which means it can reset your browsers homepage and default search engine to the genuine one automatically.
- Direct Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
- 1 Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar. On the main screen of this program, please click on the Scan button to scan your computer.
- 2 Click on the Manage button to view details about the found toolbars and remove the unwanted one.
- 3 Click on the Browser Repair button to repair your browser. Select the relative browser that you need to repair. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Note: Chances are exist that it fails to detect some malicious toolbars or repair browser settings, in such case please report the malicious toolbar and domain to us then will analyze and add them to our database as soon as possible.
Step 3. Clean residual files, invalid registry entries and junk files using Cloud System Booster
- After the Strtsrv.com program has been removed from your system, some residual files maybe still in there. To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System Booster by clicking download link below:
- 1 Download Cloud System Booster www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
- 2 Go to Settings, Boost tab, expand Cleaner and then expand Privacy Clean, please select Internet Explorer Cookies, Mozilla Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies option, and then click Apply and then OK to save your modification.
3 Return to the home screen of Cloud System Booster, click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)
Malware Prevention Tips (IMPORTANT)
- To make sure the computer is clean from Strtsrv.com and any potential malware infections, you are highly recommended to use Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to protect your computer.
- Anvi Smart Defender is a brand new anti-malware software designed to protect your PC from being infected with computer virus and malware. Featuring with the powerful Cloud Scan Technologies and daily updated database, Anvi Smart Defender can detect, block and remove latest malware threats including Trojan, ransomware, worms, backdoors and malicious adware. Anvi Smart Defender is devote to providing advanced Internet security solution for computer users.
- Download Anvi Smart Defender and have a try: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
- Important Tips: To block Popup ads and any unwanted or malicious website, you can take advantage of this ads-block tool--Anvi AD Blocker(which is available and free in Toolbox of Anvi Smart Defender Pro, the picture shown above). Anvi AD Blocker is designed to automatically filter and block malicious websites, phishing sites, pop-up ads, etc. to build a solid browser hijacker defense to your system. Please click the “Free Download” picture below to download this tool directly.
- For instance, to block the Strtsrv.com from your web browser, you can just add this Strtsrv.com to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter www.strtsrv.com in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change.
Recommendation for Slow PC
- ---Slow PC Booster--Anvi Ultimate Defrag---Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a safe, quick and efficient tool for users to improve their computer performance by analyzing fragmented files, cleaning system junk files, repairing bad disk sectors and defragging hard drives. Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a brand-new utility that allows you to defrag multiple drives simultaneously as well as defrag removable drives such as mobile disk and USB drive.
---PC Startup Booster-- Anvi Startup Booster---Anvi Startup Booster is developed to help users start their Windows faster and smarter by simplifying start-up process, optimizing system settings, deactivating unnecessary programs and configuring network settings.