Your Google Chrome’s home page and default search engine have been changed to Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) without your consent and knowledge? How it came into your computer? Is this Babylon Search really helpful? This post shows you more details and also displays you a step by step guide to get rid of this browser hijacker.
Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) Hijacker Description:
Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) is categorized as an browser redirect virus which usually promoted via free downloads. Once installed, your Chrome’s home page and default search engine will be changed to http://isearch.babylon.com/?babsrc=HP-def&mntrId=4405F46D04758E5B&TSP without your permission.
As you can see from the picture shown above, http://isearch.babylon.com/?babsrc=HP-def&mntrId=4405F46D04758E5B&TSP is full of ads, and Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) is not a legitimate search engine. It is ads supported and the search results are filled with sponsored links where you can get no reliable search services but high risk of being infected with malwares. You may receive many annoying pop up advertisements and when you search for something you might be redirected to some other unknown website which may contains malicious programs.
Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) is also capable of using cookies to track and collect users informations like email address, IP address or online histories for unethical marketing usage. You are not suggested to keep using this fake search engine, you should remove it as soon as possible.
How your Computer Gets Infected with Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) Hijacker?
Usually Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) enters into your computer bundled with free applications such as videos, free utilities which you download from Internet. When you download and install these programs you may also agree to change your browser settings without much attention.
By the way, computer users should always remember that download freewares or free applications from Internet is the most common way for your computer to be infected with malwares. You should be careful and thoughtful when you download softwares, always remember that you should download them from its official site. On the other hand when you install them, keep in mind the Advanced or Custom installation should be your first choice and do not select anything that is not familiar to you.
If your computer is infected with Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) virus, you will definitely have a hard time to browse online. You should remove this Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) as soon as possible before it make more damage to your PC.
Similar Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus:
Holasearch.com,Www.govome.com,FindWide,Help Me Find Your Info Hijacker,BasicScan.com,Software Education Hijacker,Hotstartsearch.com,Mixmeister Search,Delta Search Hijacker,VGrabber Browser Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com Hijacker,PortaldoSites.com,Buscaid.com,Noticiasalpunto.com,Searchzone.com,Startpins Redirect,Pageset Redirect,Prize Party,Fastsurveyworld.net,SearchTermResults.com,Globososo Browser Hijacker,Click.efacts.com,imitsearch.net Redirect,Bigseekpro.com Hijacker,iSoft Online Search,Systemcare-antivirus.org Redirect,Search.smartsuggestor.com,Theallsearches.com Redirect,Chatzum.com,Mystart.smilebox.com Redirect,BuscaID.com Redirect,QSearch.com Hijacker, Somoto.com,Onlinefwd.com (http://onlinefwd.com/),Flirt.com,en.v9.com,Click.Scour.com Redirect,MyPlayCity Search,Freecorder.com,Inksdata.com,Search.rpidity.com(Http://search.rpidity.com/),Arcade Safari (Arcadesafari.com),Basicseek.com,http://frameseek.com/,Websearch.youwillfind.info,Clickorati.com,isearch.babylon.com,V9tr.com,BrowserSeek Search,UStart Redirect,Cherchi.biz RedirectAdvertising-support.com,fastfreesearch.com,Websearch+ (websearch.brandthunder.com),Gotostat.ru,Websearch.lookforithere.info,QuiBids.com,Search.snapdo.com,MySearchDial Redirect,WebBrowserSearch.com,Http://pcspeedplus.com/scan/，Searchpig.net, Search.creativetoolbars.com, Mixidjv30.ourtoolbar.com, Cpvfeed.mediatraffic.com,Search.alot.com, Dnsbasic.com,SafeSearch.net,Zwangi.com,Websearch.searchrocket.info,Brothersoft,Findwebnow.com,Searchalgo.com,isearch.avg.com,Websearch.just-browse.info, Search.smartaddressbar.com,Qone8.com,Search.softonic.com,Flipora Search,Search.ueep.com,HotSearch.com,WebSearch.pu-result.info,WebSearch.a-searchpage.info, Search.beamrise.com,GlobaSearch.com,Websearch.searchsupporter.info.
Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) Browser Hijacker Removal Instructions Overview
- Step 1. Uninstall unfamiliar and suspicious program from Computer
- Optional Troubleshoot--Uninstall unwanted programs with Anvi Uninstaller
- Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions and repair Chrome using Anvi Slim Toolbar(Recommended)
Malware Prevention Tips
Step 1 Uninstall Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) Related Program from Computer through Control Panel
Windows 7/Vista users:
- Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel". Locate "Programs", "Uninstall a Program". Look for Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) related program, select this entry and click Uninstall.
Windows XP users:
- Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel". Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) related program, select this entry and click Remove.
- Please note, Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) related program may vary by name and you are suggested to uninstall any suspicious or unfamiliar third party program.
Optional Troubleshoot-- Uninstall Unwanted Programs with Anvi Uninstaller
- Anvi Uninstaller is a high efficient, free tool designed to help users conveniently and efficiently uninstall unwanted programs.
Direct download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/aun/
Or you can download and install Cloud System Booster, then launch this program, click on Expert(next to the Home button)—Toolbox—Anvi Uninstaller–-Download this uninstall tool.
When Anvi Uninstaller opened, find the Babylon Search related programs, or you can click on Recently Installed tab, then you will find the programs recently installed on your computer. Choose the suspicious or unfamiliar one, click on the Uninstall button to uninstall them.
Step 2 Remove Unfamiliar Extensions and Reset your Google Chrome(manually)
- 1 Click on Wrench or 3-Bars icon(next to the address bar) and navigate to Tools > Extensions, disable or uninstall unwanted extensions .
- If this extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled, click here to learn-How to Remove a Managed Google Chrome extension.
- 2 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘On startup’> ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’, click on the Set pages button to change this http://isearch.babylon.com/?babsrc=HP-def&mntrId=4405F46D04758E5B&TSP to www.google com, then click on OK to save the changes.
- 3 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Appearances’> ‘Show Home button’, click on the Change button to change your browser homepage.
- 4 Go to ‘Wrench or 3-Bars icon’ > ‘settings’ > ‘Manage search engines'.
Click on Make Default option to make google.com as your default search engine and click on the X to remove Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com).
Optional Troubleshoot--Remove Toolbar/Extensions and Repair Chrome Using Anvi Slim Toolbar
- Most computer users were suffered or are suffering from the self-invited browser add-ons or browser hijackers. To a large extent those programs are potentially unwanted because they may put users computer into high risk of being infected with malwares by installing ads supported toolbars, or modifying users browser homepage and default search engine to some illegitimate one.
Anvi Slim Toolbar is a practical, easy to use and uses-friendly tool. It is has three function mode, Scan, Manage and Browser Repair. Anvi Slim Toolbar is designed to help computer users detect and remove malicious and unnecessary toolbars, browser add-ons, extensions and plugins.
Anvi Slim Toolbar is also available for repairing web browser problem caused by malicious toolbars or other malwares such as adware, browser hijacker and redirect virus. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, which means it can reset your browsers homepage and default search engine to the genuine one automatically.
- Direct Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/ast/
- 1 Download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar. On the main screen of this program, please click on the Scan button to scan your computer.
- 2 Click on the Manage button to view details about the found toolbars and remove the unwanted one.
- 3 Click on the Browser Repair button to repair your browser. Select the relative browser that you need to repair. Currently, Anvi Slim Toolbar can repair commonly used browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Note: Chances are exist that it fails to detect some malicious toolbars or repair browser settings, in such case please report the malicious toolbar and domain to us then will analyze and add them to our database as soon as possible.
Step 3 Clean Residual Files, Invalid Registry Entries and Junk Files Using Cloud System Booster
- After the Babylon Search related program has been removed from your system, some residual files maybe still in there. To remove the invalid registry entries as well as any leftovers, including cache, cookies and junk files, of this virus, please download and install the system cleaner tool Cloud System Booster by clicking download link below:
- 1 Download Cloud System Booster www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/
- 2 Go to Settings, Boost tab, expand Cleaner and then expand Privacy Clean, please select Internet Explorer Cookies, Mozilla Firefox Cookies and Google Chrome Cookies option, and then click Apply and then OK to save your modification.
3 Return to the home screen of Cloud System Booster, click the Boost button on the main screen to run a full scan. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, click clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean. (You may also click the numbers to view detailed results.)
Malware Prevention Tips (IMPORTANT)
- To make sure the computer is clean from Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) and any potential malware infections, you are highly recommended to use Anvi Smart Defender antimalware to protect your computer.
- Anvi Smart Defender is a brand new anti-malware software designed to protect your PC from being infected with computer virus and malware. Featuring with the powerful Cloud Scan Technologies and daily updated database, Anvi Smart Defender can detect, block and remove latest malware threats including Trojan, ransomware, worms, backdoors and malicious adware. Anvi Smart Defender is devote to providing advanced Internet security solution for computer users.
- Download Anvi Smart Defender and have a try: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
- Important Tips: To block pop up ads and any unwanted or malicious website, you can take advantage of this ads-block tool--Anvi AD Blocker(which is available and free in Toolbox of Anvi Smart Defender Pro, the picture shown above). Anvi AD Blocker is designed to automatically filter and block malicious websites, phishing sites, pop-up ads, etc. to build a solid browser hijacker defense to your system. Please click the “Free Download” picture below to download this tool directly.
- For instance, to block the Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) from your web browser, you can just add this Babylon Search(isearch.babylon.com) to the blacklist of Anvi AD Blocker by clicking More-> Settings->under the blacklist tab, click the Add URL button->Enter isearch.babylon.com in the appeared window->click Add button to add the url and close the add url window-> click Apply on the settings menu to make it and click X to close the window and save the change.
Recommendation for Slow PC
- ---Slow PC Booster--Anvi Ultimate Defrag---Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a safe, quick and efficient tool for users to improve their computer performance by analyzing fragmented files, cleaning system junk files, repairing bad disk sectors and defragging hard drives. Anvi Ultimate Defrag is a brand-new utility that allows you to defrag multiple drives simultaneously as well as defrag removable drives such as mobile disk and USB drive.
---PC Startup Booster-- Anvi Startup Booster---Anvi Startup Booster is developed to help users start their Windows faster and smarter by simplifying start-up process, optimizing system settings, deactivating unnecessary programs and configuring network settings.