How to remove delta search from Google Chrome? (Uninstall Delta-Search.com Redirect in Chrome)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to remove delta search from Google Chrome? (Uninstall Delta-Search.com Redirect in Chrome)

Postby Ivy » 2013-06-04 22:42

Experience constant redirect to delta-search.com in your Google Chrome? Tried to remove the redirect but it always got back? This post will introduce how to remove delta search from Google Chrome web browser completely. Please read more.

Delta search is a browser plug-in, toolbar and extension for most popular web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox to promote their search engines or other services as well as display ads. It copies Google Style search to provide web, images and videos search. But before that, it collects and stores information about your web browsing habits so they can suggest services or provide advertising.

This kind of browser extension is often promoted via other free downloads, that’s probably why people are usually unaware of how and when this gate-crasher comes to install on their browsers.

Delta search is not related to any virus or malware infection, but due to its stealthy behavior like change your default browser settings that resulting the homepage being redirected to www.delta-search.com and make delta Search as the default search engines without any obvious notifications, people ranks low in the acceptance of this search provider. Below is a screenshot of www.delta-search.com homepage, see for your reference.

delta search.jpg

Delta search and www.delta-seach.com is extremely annoying because it not only hijack your homepage of Chrome browser, it also hijack your new tab page. Furthermore, you may find it is not easy to remove it completely? It become really difficult task to get rid of www.delta-search.com homepage, because t configure Windows registry when settled on, so that this service and the pseudo search engines are loaded automatically when Windows starts and it can easily come back by simply changing your computer’s settings.

To completely uninstall delta search and www.delta-search.com homepage from your computer please use the guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a reply below and we will try to help fix your problem as soon as possible.

Delta Search and delta-search.com redirect removal instruction outlined:

Step 1 > Uninstall Delta Search from your computer.

Step 2 > Remove Delta Search and delta-search.com homepage search engines from your Google Chrome

Step 3 Scan with Anvi Smart Defender to eliminate all malicious entries created by Delta Search.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1 > Uninstall Delta Search from your computer.

Follow the instruction that corresponds to your operating system to uninstall Delta Search.

• Windows XP: Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for Delta, Delta Toolbar, BrowserProtect > Click on Remove.

• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for Delta, Delta Toolbar, BrowserProtect> click on Uninstall.

Important notice: You may have different program related to delta search listed on your computer. Please make sure to remove them all.

uninstall delta search.jpg

Step 2 > Remove Delta Search and delta-search.com homepage search engines from your Google Chrome

1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools -> Extensions.

In the Extensions page, please click on the Recycle Bin button to remove Delta Toolbar and BrowserProtect from the list.

remove delta in Chrome.jpg

2. Go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages.

You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete http://www.delta-search.com/?affID=119291&tt=gc_&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=38D4000C2905DCD5, and then click OK button to save your modification.

remove start up page.jpg

3. Please continue and go to Appearance area, select “Show Home button” and then click Change.

Remove http://www.delta-search.com/?babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=38D4000C2905DCD5&affID=119291&tsp=4975 from the Open this page tab and then Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.

4. You should move forward and go to Search area, click on Manage Search Engines…

Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider, and then select delta-search.com from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.

remove delta search engine.jpg

After that, please restart your Google Chrome and Delta search and www.delta-search.com homepage should disappear.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Important Notice:

Chances are it may come back although you perform all the manual steps to remove it and in such case you should change the preference of your Chrome changed by delta search. To do that, you need to follow the guide below to restore your browser settings to get rid of the preference.

If you are using old version of Google Chrome, please follow steps below to restore your Chrome settings.

1. With the web browser open, Click "Customize and Control Google Chrome" menu.

2. Click "Options" button, under "Google Chrome Options" window select 'Under the Hood" tab, and then click "Reset to Defaults" button.

That’s all.

Alternatively:

If you are using new version of Google Chrome, please follow steps below to restore your Chrome settings.

1. Exit Google Chrome on your computer. Once Google Chrome browser is closed completely, continue with next step.

2. On Windows, go to Start > Run to open Run box. If you do not see Run option, press Win + R keys to get Run box on the screen. Mac users should proceed with Go Menu > Go to Folder option.

3. Enter following for the operating system that you are using. You can simply copy and paste it directly in the run box and press the Enter key.

Windows XP users:
%USERPROFILE% >Local Settings > Application Data > GoogleChrome > User Data

Windows Vista & 7 users:
%LOCALAPPDATA% > GoogleChrome > User Data

4. This will open a new folder that will contain more files and folders. Look for default folder in the list. Rename default folder to any other name say ‘backup default’.

5. Then try to open Google Chrome, it will automatically create new default folder with fresh (and default settings). Once all is working fine, you may delete the old ‘backup default’ folder.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 3 > Scan with Anvi Smart Defender to eliminate all malicious entries created by Delta Search.

Delta creates malicious files and registry entries to prevent it being removed easily from your computer, you are highly recommended to use anti-malware program Anvi Smart Defender to kill any possible malicious file related to Delta. If you ignore the step, you will still experience www1.delta-search.com redirect on your Google Chrome.

1. Download and install the free version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-malware software.

2. After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate delta infection file. Anvi Smart Defender will scan registry objects automatically to make sure your registry entries are clean and neat.

3. Once the scan is over, you can click view button to check the detail information of the detection. Please make sure to click “Remove” button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Recommend:

Experience slow computer performance? Want to improve your computer performance and make it acts as a charm? We are glad to announce that we Anvisoft team has developed a new system utilities program Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help PC users optimize computer disk.

Anvi Ultimate Defrag: http://www.anvisoft.com/ultimate-defrag.html

Anvi Ultimate Defrag is compact, quick and safe to speed up your computer performance by analyzing fragmented file, cleaning system junks, repairing disk bad area and defragging hard drives. It is a brand-new utility that allows you to defrag multiple drives at one time as well as defrag removable drives such as mobile disk and USB removable drive.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to remove delta search from Google Chrome? (Uninstall Delta-Search.com Redirect in Chrome)

Postby DeltaSearchService » 2013-06-18 4:02

Hello
As a member of the Delta Search Support Department, I am happy to answer any questions you have.
The removal of our Search program is actually quite easy.
Please click this link and follow the instructions: info.delta-search.com or send me an email at support@delta-search.com and I will send you the removal instructions.
DeltaSearchService

Re: How to remove delta search from Google Chrome? (Uninstall Delta-Search.com Redirect in Chrome)

Postby gge327@gmail.com » 2013-07-09 20:24

Thanks Ivy. Your methods was really work. I was hated this Delta-search much. You solved my problem. Thanks again.
gge327@gmail.com

Postby Ivy » 2013-07-09 23:55

Glad to know that the method works for you.
:)
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Van Su Mei » 2013-07-23 2:53

Hi.

Signed up just so I could get more advice.

I've tried all the steps here, including going into my local app data folder. But the Delta Search page keeps popping up. I even installed an anti-malware software just in case I missed something but the scan came out clean. I'm really at a loss here. Not sure if I've missed something? Are there any other steps I can take to get rid of this??

Thank you!!
Van Su Mei

Postby Ivy » 2013-07-23 3:27

Van Su Mei wrote:Hi.

Signed up just so I could get more advice.

I've tried all the steps here, including going into my local app data folder. But the Delta Search page keeps popping up. I even installed an anti-malware software just in case I missed something but the scan came out clean. I'm really at a loss here. Not sure if I've missed something? Are there any other steps I can take to get rid of this??

Thank you!!

Hi and welcome to anvisoft forum. I am Ivy and I am going to help you with your issue.

Delta is not malicious related, thus most antivirus or antimalware program will not kill it. You need to remove it manually.

You may miss one of the items that related to delta that you still experience the same problem.

Please check carefully and follow the steps to remove delta from your Google Chrome once again.

Alternatively, you can use Anvi Slim Toolbar to fix your problem quickly and easily.

Anvi Slim Toolbar download: http://www.anvisoft.com/slim-toolbar.html

1. After you download and install Anvi Slim Toolbar, please start it. On the main screen of the program, click on the “Manage” button to scan out all the toolbar or plug-in installed on your web browser.

Please find Fox News toolbar, select it and click Remove button to delete it from your web browser. Please make sure to remove all the Fox News toolbar under Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox.

2. After you remove all Fox News toolbar, please go back to main screen again, and then select Browser Repair to fix your web browser homepage and search engine.

Select the relative browser that you need to repair, and the select homepage and search engine you need Anvi Slim toolbar do. If you have problem on multiple web browsers such as IE/FF/Chrome, please make sure to repair them all.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Van Su Mei » 2013-07-26 1:27

Hi Ivy

Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions once more just to make sure nothing slipped through, and to top it all off I restarted my computer. That seemed to do the trick this time around.

Thank you! :lol:
Van Su Mei

Postby Ivy » 2013-07-26 1:40

Van Su Mei wrote:Hi Ivy

Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions once more just to make sure nothing slipped through, and to top it all off I restarted my computer. That seemed to do the trick this time around.

Thank you! :lol:

That's great. Sometimes, if you miss one of the items that related to delta, it can recreate and come back again after computer restart.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Casey Austin Tackett » 2013-08-06 16:01

I have read thoroughly and followed each and every step possible for the removal of "Detla-Search" for Google Chrome. I even did the alternative procedure and completely deleted my Default Folder, and it is still there. I honestly do not know what else to do besides use a totally different browser if that would honestly help with the problem.. :|
Casey Austin Tackett

Postby Ivy » 2013-08-06 20:40

Hi,

I am sorry that you still have problem of Delta search on your Google Chrome.

When you try to remove it from your Google Chrome, did it come back again after you restart your computer? Or were you unable to remove it completely from your
web browser?

Could you please take the manual steps to remove the delta search from your Chrome once again?

Step 1. uninstall delta toolbar and browser defender from your Windows Control Panel.

Step 2. Repair your Google Chrome settings.

1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools -> Extensions.

In the Extensions page, please click on the Recycle Bin button to remove Delta Toolbar and BrowserProtect from the list.

2. Go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages.

You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete http://www.delta-search.com/?affID=119291&tt=gc_&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=38D4000C2905DCD5, and then click OK button to save your modification.

3. Check the homepage, to do that, please continue and go to Appearance area, and then click Change.

Remove any delta page from the Open this page tab and then Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.

4. You should move forward and go to Search area, click on Manage Search Engines…

Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider, and then select delta-search.com from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark.

Step 3 > Check if any program related to delta listed in the startup item.

1. Download and isntall Anvi Startup Booster.

http://www.anvisoft.com/startup-booster.html

2. In Startup tab, find if any program named delta or conduit, if any, please right-click on it and select disable from the drop down list, and then click on location to find its path,
    after you find it, please delete the whole folder.

startup booster.jpg
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Next

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove www1.delta-search.com Browser Hijacker?(Removal Guide)Frances11054
Remove delta-search.com from Internet Explorer new tab in one click.Ocean3740
How to Completely Remove Mixidj.delta-search.com from My Browsers?Ocean38103
How to Remove Delta-search.com from My Browser New Tab (A Complete Removal Guide)Ocean13904
How to Remove www1.delta-search.com (mixidj.delta-search.com) redirect (Removal Guide)Sophia24201