How to Rmove Qvo6.com Virus from IE/FF/Chrome (Qvo6.com Redirect Virus Removal Guide)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Rmove Qvo6.com Virus from IE/FF/Chrome (Qvo6.com Redirect Virus Removal Guide)

Postby Ivy » 2013-04-18 1:46

This article is going to provide step to step removal instruction for Qvo6.com redirect virus. If you have the problem Qvo6.com redirect virus on your web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome, please read more.

Qvo6.com is a browser hijacker which is designed to promote their search engines or other services as well as display ads. What’s more, Qvo6.com virus will collect and steal sensitive user information from victim PC for commercial use.

Qvo6.com virus is mainly distributed via software downloaded websites and freeware. When install free programs or programs from unknown sources, Qvo6 may install on your computer automatically. Once installed, the browser hijacker Qvo6.com virus will make http://www.Qvo6.com as your homepage; it will also come up when you open a new tab.

Below is a screenshot of Qvo6.com virus:

qvo6.jpg

Qvo6.com is categorized as adware because it is collecting private information to distribute advertisement. It is not safe to keep Qvo6.com on your computer because it changes not only the homepage, it also change the default search engines and adds malicious add-ons on Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Furthermore, it also downloads and installs additional applications in background without user knowledge.

You must be annoyed by the redirect virus and want to remove it? You may find it is not easy to remove it completely? It become really difficult task to get rid of Qvo6.com virus, because adware distributor did all they could to protect the software from debugging and quick analysis. It creates new Windows service named eSafeSvc and starts it, and it configure Windows registry when settled on, so that this service and the pseudo search engines are loaded automatically when Windows starts.

To completely uninstall Qvo6.com virus from your computer please use the guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a reply below and we will try to help fix your problem as soon as possible.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Qvo6.com Virus Removal Instruction outlined

Step 1 > Uninstall Qvo6.com and related elements, such as eSave Security Control, Qvo6 toolbar, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect from your computer,
Step 2 > Remove Qvo6.com homepage and Qvo6.com search engines from IE/FF/Chrome.
Step 3 > Run System Optimization and maintenance program Cloud System Booster to clean junk files, registry entries added by Qvo6.com.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1 > Uninstall Qvo6.com and related elements, such as eSave Security Control, Qvo6 toolbar, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect from your computer,

Windows 7/Vista users:

Click Start button in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose Control Panel. Locate Programs and Features. Search for eSave Security Control, Qvo6 toolbar, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect, select click Uninstall.

Windows XP users:

Click Start, click Control Panel. Locate and click Add or Remove Programs. Search for eSave Security Control, Qvo6 toolbar, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect one by one and click Remove.

uninstall qvo6.jpg

Please note that, the malicious applications is rarely listed as Qvo6 in the currently installed programs list. Please check carefully and try to remember what software you installed recently. Please make sure to remove them all. If you miss one of the malicious elements, you will still experience the same problem.

Alternatively, uninstall Qvo6 using Anvi Uninstaller

1. Install the free or paid version of Cloud System Booster which provide you free tool Anvi Uninstaller.

Cloud System Booster Download:http://www.anvisoft.com/cloud-system-booster.html

2. Open the program and click Expert > Toolbox tab. Run Anvi Uninstaller.

Cloud System Booster Uninstaller tool.jpg

3. Search for eSave Security Control, Qvo6 toolbar, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365, BrowserProtect, select click Uninstall.

unintaller.jpg

Anvi Uninstaller perfect uninstall will clear off leftovers of the removed program. The Pro feature is only available in Cloud System Booster Pro. To use this Perfect Uninstall feature, you need to install Cloud System Booster Pro. Cloud System Booster Free version doesn’t offer this feature.

Step 2 > Remove Qvo6.com homepage and Qvo6.com search engines from IE/FF/Chrome.

Remove Qvo6.com homepage and Qvo6.com search engines in Google Chrome:

1. Please open your browser, go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages.

startup.jpg

You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete Qvo6.com.

qvo6_startup-chrome.jpg

2. Please continue and go to Appearance area, and then click Change.

qvo6_appearance-chrome.jpg

Remove www.qvo6.com from the Open this page tab and then Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.

3. You should move forward and go to Search area, click on Manage Search Engines…

manage search engines.jpg

Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider, and then select Qvo6 from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.

qvo6_search engine-chrome.jpg

4. Please close your Google Chrome, right click on the shortcut, in the drop-down menu, please select Properties.

In Shortcut tab, please remove "http://www.qvo6.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Chrome executable file. Nothing more.

qvo6_shortcut tab-chrome.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Remove Qvo6.com homepage and Qvo6.com search engines in Firefox:

1. Click on the Qvo6 search icon as shown in the image below and select Manage Search Engines....

qvo6_ff1.jpg

2. Select Qvo6 from the list and click Remove to remove it. Click OK to save changes.

qvo6_ff2.jpg

3. Right-click on the Mozilla Firefox shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select .

In Shortcut tab and remove "http://www.qvo6.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Firefox executable file.

qvo6_ff5.jpg

Alternative: If you still experience the problem after repair the Firefox, you can reset your web browser to original state. To use that, please follow steps below:

1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button; go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.

2 Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.

Firefox will close and be reset. All data keep in Firefox will be removed, please save your important date before you move on.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Remove Qvo6.com homepage and Qvo6.com search engines in Internet Explorer:

It would be easy for you to fix problem caused by Qvo6.com virus on your Internet Explorer, because Anvisoft team has developed a free to quick troubleshoot IE problem caused by malware infection. You can take the free tool, Anvi Browser Repair tool to repair the homepage, malicious toolbar and search engines with one-click solution.

Anvi Browser Repair Tool Download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/browser-repair-tool.html

abr_1.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 3> Run Cloud System Booster to clean junk files, registry entries added by Qvo6.com.

Cloud System Booster is designed to clean up and optimize Windows operation system with one-click boost mode, by throwing out junk files, optimizing system services, cleaning up installed apps and repairing registry errors. You are highly recommended to download and install Cloud System Booster free or Pro version to get rid of Qvo6.com junk files.

1. Download and install the paid or free version of Cloud System Booster System maintenance & optimizer software.

Cloud System Booster download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/cloud-system-booster.html

2. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.

csb2.0pro_1.png

3. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button there to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.

Cloud System Booster boost result.jpg
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Rmove Qvo6.com Virus from IE/FF/Chrome (Qvo6.com Redirect Virus Removal Guide)

Postby gargkashish1@gmail.com » 2013-05-06 6:41

GREAT SOLLUTION THANXX FOR GIVING ME RID OF THIS VIRUS
gargkashish1@gmail.com

Re: How to Rmove Qvo6.com Virus from IE/FF/Chrome (Qvo6.com Redirect Virus Removal Guide)

Postby Maria Coelho » 2013-05-06 16:42

Thank you very much, you saved my day!!! ;)
Maria Coelho

Postby Ivy » 2013-05-06 21:55

Maria Coelho wrote:Thank you very much, you saved my day!!! ;)

Glad to hear that the post help you fix Qvo6.com Redirect. ;)

That's great
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Kaisi Bubblycake » 2013-05-07 2:15

D; How come I still can't get rid of it.. I did everything and all...can you help by doing a video?
Kaisi Bubblycake

Postby Ivy » 2013-05-07 3:17

Hi,

I am sorry that the tutorial video is currently unavailable due to time schedule.

Could you describe more information about your problem? We are going to help you with your issue.

Thank a lot for your understanding.

---
Best wishes,
Ivy
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby cutelittlelady_irah@hotmail.com » 2013-05-30 7:24

Hi! I have followed every step in the guide, and the virus is still in my computer. When I opened both of my browsers, IE and chrome, QVO6 is still the main page. I looked through all the settings and properties, QV06 is absent throughout. I need help. :( thanks.
cutelittlelady_irah@hotmail.com

Postby Ivy » 2013-05-30 20:07

cutelittlelady_irah@hotmail.com wrote:Hi! I have followed every step in the guide, and the virus is still in my computer. When I opened both of my browsers, IE and chrome, QVO6 is still the main page. I looked through all the settings and properties, QV06 is absent throughout. I need help. :( thanks.

Hi and welcome to Anvisoft forum.

As you mentioned that you have followed every steps to remove the redirect? Did you use Anvi Browser Repair to fix problem on your Internet Explorer?

When you look looked through all the settings and properties, did you find any unusual things?
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby cutelittlelady_irah@hotmail.com » 2013-05-31 3:48

Hi!

Yes. I have installed the browser repair. And I have deleted the qvo6 shortcut target as well. There are no peculiar extensions for IE as well. Chrome is already fixed but my IE has not been fixed yet. Thanks.
cutelittlelady_irah@hotmail.com

Postby Ivy » 2013-05-31 4:59

Hi,
Could you please manually check the search provider? To do that, please follow steps below:

1), Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons,
2), Select Search Providers, check if qvo6.com still exist here, if you find it, please choose Bing search engine or Google search engine and make it your default web search provider (Set as default).
3), Then select qvo6.com and click Remove to remove it.

Alternatively, please check your host file:

1) Go to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.
2) Double-click “hosts” file to open it. Choose to open with Notepad.
3) The default hosts file should be only one line: 127.0.0.1 localhost in Windows XP and 127.0.0.1 localhost ::1 in Windows Vista. If there are more, then remove them and save changes.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Next

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Qvo6.com Redirect Virus (Qvo6.com Hijacking Removal Guide)Sophia40299
How to Remove Qvo6 Search--Qvo6.com Browser Hijacker?(Removal Guide)Frances8357
How to Remove BellaPhant Ads and Deals?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances268
How to Remove SquareTrace Ads and Deals?(SquareTrace Adware Removal Guide)Frances278
How to Remove Lamilov Popup Ads from Your PC completely?Autumn506