Homepage keeps being redirected to portaldoSites.com? Want to get rid of the annoying redirect? This article is going to offer step-to-step guide on uninstalling PortaldoSites.com search redirect. Please read more.
PortaldoSites.com search is a redirect domain which has no relationship with virus infection. It is annoying and should be removed because it portaldoSites.com takes dishonest tactic to spread the search engine. In most case, users find portaldoSites.com search on their web browser after installing a free program or applications. PortaldoSites.com Search is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it will change your browser homepage to www.PortaldoSites.com and default search engine to search.PortaldoSites.com.
Most users report portaldoSites.com search as a redirect virus and want to get rid of it from their computer because it is suspected of collecting users' personal information to distribute advertisement or for commercial use. And it is very annoying that it acts as a redirect virus on web browser because it changes the browser settings and can not be restored easily.
What's more, users also report that portaldoSites.com search may add random Windows shortcuts on users' desktop and Windows Start Menu. If you find your homepage has been changed to portaldoSites.com, you are highly encouraged to get rid of it with instruction below.
Portaldosites.com Uninstall Instruction
Step1> Uninstall portaldoSites.com search redirect from your computer.
Before you go to uninstall portaldoSites.com search redirect, please make sure you are logging on your computer as an Administrator or with Administrator privilege.
To do that, please go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
Search for unknown program name in the list. Select the program and click Remove button.
If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window.
Please note that portaldoSites Search is developed by Red Apple Technology Limited and it will install on users' computer under different names. Please check carefully the program list, search and find New Tabs Uninstall, PortaldoSites Toolbar, BrowserProtect and any other unknown programs from your computer and then remove them all.
Step2> Remove PortaldoSites Search registry keys with Anvi Smart Defender
Anvi Smart Defender is a powerful anti-malware program which is designed to detect and remove virus, malware, Trojan, worms and PUP. You are highly recommended to download and install the free or paid version of Anvi Smart Defender to remove any possible potential unwanted program related to portaldoSites.com search redirect.
1. Download and install the paid or free version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-malware software.
2. After you install the program, please open it, and switch to Scan tab, perform quick or full scan to eliminate possible virus infection file. Anvi Smart Defender will scan registry objects automatically to make sure your registry entries are clean and neat.
3. Once the scan is over, you can click view button to check the detail information of the detection. Please make sure to click "Remove" button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
4. If you are using Anvi Smart Defender Pro version, please swtich to PC Tuneup tab, run Registry Fix to remove unused and old registry entries.
Step3> Remove the PortaldoSites Search from your web browser.
PortaldoSites Search browser extension can be installed on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and more web browser. For demonstration purpose, we will list the steps on repairing IE/Firefox/Chrome.
Remove PortaldoSites Search in Mozilla Firefox
1. In Firefox, please navigate to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and remove PortaldoSites extension or any malicious extension from the list.
2. Please continue and then go to Tools and then select Options. In the Options page, General tab, you can just remove the PortaldoSites.com and then type a new website as your homepage, or you can also make your Firefox open with a blank page.
3. Remove the PortaldoSites search engine from Mozilla Firefox. To do that, please click on magnifying glass search icon and select Manage Search Engines... In the Manage Search Engine list, please remove PortaldoSites search engine from the list.
4. Type about:config into the address bar> Press Enter> Accept the Warning
Search for portaldoSites.com in the search bar >Right click on each item and select Reset> Hit OK to apply the change.
Remove PortaldoSites Search in Google Chrome
1. In Google Chrome, click the wrench icon, navigate to Tools > Extensions and remove any malicious extension related to PortaldoSites search from the list.
2. Please continue and then go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, please click on Set pages.
You will be forwarded to Startup pages, in this page, please click on the X button to delete PortaldoSites search from the list.
Remove PortaldoSites Search in Internet Explorer
It would be easier for you to repair your Internet Explorer because Anvisoft team has developed a free tool Anvi Browser repair to fix any problem caused by redirect virus.
The tool is installation free. To use it, please turn to Anvi Smart Defender toolbox tab, double click on Anvi Browser Repair tooland your problem will be fixed automatically.
At last, you may notice that in Anvi Smart Defender toolbox, there are more tools availabe for use. Anvi Browser Repair tooland Windows Update Downloader are free for use. You can also useAnvi AD Blocker if you upgrade Anvi Smart Defender to Pro version.