How to Uninstall otshot (Hotshot)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Uninstall otshot (Hotshot)

Postby Sophia » 2013-03-27 22:55

If you are just one among those users who complain about otshot and think it of an unwanted program, but just find the uninstall efforts are in vain, please read this post to make it. This article will detail answers to what is otshot and how to get rid of otshot. Read on.

Many users complain about otshot which is considered to be unwanted program and below is a demand from a user:

Did anyone else get "otshot" on their computer? I can't find it using control panel to uninstall it, but each time I reboot it shows up, tries to change my email to Outlook. I have looked for answers on the web and I don't trust the sites I'm finding. I have used Malwarbytes to scrub my hard drive, it tells me it finds nothing amiss. I have used Microsoft Essentials to do a full scan, again no error messages. If anyone has a clue, I'd be glad for insight. I honestly don't know which step I took that allowed this to junp on to my system. Something I did Tuesday had about six things downloading. I think it was when CNN told me I had to download a new adobe. Anyway, I'd be happy to rid myself of this pest. Thanks.

What is Otshot?

otShot is a photo sharing program which can help you share and send your digital photos instantly by email to keep your family and friends up-to-date. But since more and more people fell into the dilemma with full otShot uninstall, this article is proposed to help you fulfill this task.

Otshot_1.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________
How to Remove Otshot (Uninstall Instructions)

In general, Windows Add/Remove Programs is the common option for computer users to uninstall those programs they don’t want. But It indeed has its own shortage-cannot uninstall programs completely including the related files and registry entries. So if you encounter trouble with otshot uninstall, please follow below uninstall instructions to troubleshoot.

Otshot Uninstall Troubleshoot Tips Outlined:
    Tip 1- General Uninstall
    Tip 2- Convenient Uninstall using Anvi Uninstaller
    Tip 3- Safe Mode Troubleshooting
    Tip 4- Online Help

Windows 7/vista users:
    Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for "otshot" or "Hotshot" related programs and then select this entry and click Uninstall.
Windows XP users:
    Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel". Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for "otshot" or "Hotshot" related programs and then select this entry and click Remove.

If the general uninstall fails, use the instructions below to better help you remove otshot program using Anvi Uninstaller Integrated in Cloud System Booster

1. Install the free or paid version of Anvi Unintaller which is integrated for free use in Cloud System Booster by Anvisoft. Cloud System Booster Official Download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/

2. Open the program and click Expert > Toolbox tab. Run Anvi Uninstaller.

3. Find otShot or related adware as mentioned above in the list of All Installed Programs tab and Uninstall the program. (By the way, you can check out the recently installed program under the Recent Installed for convenience. )

Chances are otshot presents hint when you uninstall it through the control panel or even using some standard uninstaller or even antivirus. This happens perhaps because the otshot hides itself and you have to configure your computer to view hidden files and folders manually. See detailed instructions to view files and folders.

--or---

You can just troubleshoot this by rebooting your computer to safe mode and using both antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender and the Anvi Uninstaller to make sure the computer is clean and conveniently uninstall unwanted programs.

Below are detailed instructions:

1. Restart your computer to safe mode with networking.

Download the recommended antimalware-Anvi Smart Defender (direct download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/)

3. Install the free or paid version of Anvi Smart Defender Anti-Malware software.

4. Once Anvi Smart Defender is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Anvi Smart Defender you will be prompted to update the database, please do so. If you are using an existing version of Anvi Smart Defender on your computer, make sure you update the software by navigating to Settings > Update tab.

5. On the second tab labeled “Scan” select the perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.

6. Once the scan is over, Anvi Smart Defender will display the scan results. (Click Detail to see detailed results similar to image as shown in below). Click on Remove button to completely remove all detected results from your computer.

7.After the malware detect and removal, please retry the above detailed instructions in tip 2 to use Anvi Uninstaller to find any programs suspcious to remove.

8. Recommended: You are highly recommended to remove invalid registry entires and other leftovers including cache, cookies, history and other junk files using Cloud System Booster, which is created to maintain Windows based computer system for ever a healthy running state. Now download Cloud System Booster for a try here.

After the download, please install it and click the Boost button on the main screen to perform a full scan and then clean the scanned results.

9. Restart the computer to check it out. If any further question, please feel free to get in touch.

If all the above three tips fail to get otshot uninstall done, please feel free to contact us for timely help and our online services will do our best to help you out. You can present your question below or just start at a new thread in Malware Removal Assistance.

Good luck and be safe online.
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Linksicle Pop-up Ads?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances7256
How to Remove BellaPhant Ads and Deals?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances100
How to Remove Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.AC Virus? (Trojan Horse Removal Guide)Autumn4603
How to Remove Startpins.com Browser Redirect Virus? (Removal Guide)Autumn8002
How to Remove Speedtestbeta.com Pop-up Ads?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances865