What is Delta Search (Delta-Search.com Redirect Virus)?
Delta Search, also known as Delta Search virus, Delta virus, or Delta-Search.com redirect, is categorized as a browser hijacker that changes existing internet browser settings. It changes the home page of popular internet browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, to Delta-Search.com (and other Delta Search websites) and default search provider to Delta Search, which in turn causes the infected internet browsers to start up on Delta Search websites and redirect to Delta-Search.com while attempting to search the web using the browser’s address or omni bar.
Delta Search attempts to appear as a legitimate search engine, but Delta Search is not legitimate and can be privacy invading. The search results displayed by the fraudulent Delta Search engine are not realistic, nor relevant, and may contain malicious payloads, or initiate an attack on the particular computer system. The Delta Search virus may also install additional adware or spyware to the infected computer system. Delta Search even bundles with a lot of third party software including malware, freeware, and shareware and a redirect to Delta-Search.com is often a symptom of third party malware, or bundled software.
Is Delta Search safe?
No, Delta Search engine is not safe to use for reasons concerning severe cyber criminal activity, the invasion of privacy, and the depletion of computer functionality.
- • Delta Search installs to a computer system without permission.
• Delta Search changes existing browser settings, including home pages and provided search engines, causing infected internet browsers to constantly redirect to Delta Search and related websites.
• A Delta Search redirct is often the first noticeable sign of a malware infection. If your internet browser is redirecting to Delta-Search.com, etc. your computer is infected with malware.
• As a tactic against unsuspecting internet users, Delta-Search.com may appear alike Google.com in order to persuade victims to use their illegitimate search engine.
• Delta Search and third parties may collect sensitive information, or utilize unethical tactics to acquire sensitive data from their voluntarily and involuntary users. Sensitive information may include minuscule details such as browser activity and history, to extremely private data such as credit card numbers, stored passwords, and other identification information. This information is often used by cyber criminals in extortion schemes and phishing attempts. In instances where criminals use sensitive information provided by Delta Search for phishing attempts, a telephone call may follow where the caller attempts to persuade the victim to allow them remote access to the computer system, or simply gather additional information for various crimes.
How to Remove Delta Search Virus (delta-search.com Hijacker Removal Guide)
- 1. Antivirus & Anti-Malware Software – Scan, detect, and remove the Delta Search virus and third party malware
2. Uninstall Delta Search – Windows Uninstaller
3. Manually remove Delta Search from Google Chrome
4. Manually remove Delta-Search.com from Firefox
5. Manually remove Delta-Search.com from Microsoft Internet Explorer
6. System restore (optional troubleshoot)
7. Manually Remove Delta Search (Advanced) – Kill Delta Search process, remove files, and repair registry entries
1. Antivirus & Anti-Malware Software
To make it easier to uninstall this redirect virus, a malware scanner and remover likeAnvi Smart Defender would be necessary to make sure the computer system is clean from any malware or rootkit, trojans related infections by fully scanning your computer system and removing the potential malware infections.
Anvi Smart Defender antimalware direct download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/
Pop up Ads Blocking Tips: Often redirect viruses or browser hijackers also result in excessive pop up ads. If so, there is a nimble ads blocking tool-Anvi AD Blocker available now. It is built to real-timely help users block and filter malicious adware, malicious URL, phishing and annoying pop ups and flash ads from the Internet browsers, as well as your unwanted websites to better protect the computer from various malware infections distributed via pop ups or malicious websites. Furthermore, it can even speed up the loading page when you are surfing online by filtering the needless ads.
Learn more about this Anvi AD Blocker-a handy tool to help you conveniently block pop up ads and any distributors related to malware infections.
By the way, it is worth mentioning that this Anvi AD Blocker is integrated for free use in the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender now. Get Anvi AD Blocker for free by upgrading Anvi Smart Defender protection here and now.
2. Uninstall Delta Search
How to Uninstall Delta Search (Windows Control Panel)
Delta Search and general browser hijackers often install a program to the infected computer system to accommodate the BHO (IE) and browser attachments for browsers such as Google Chrome.
Before attempting to remove the Delta Search add-on, extension, and/or toolbar, it is recommended to search your computer for unwanted programs, including a program titled “Delta Search” and third party attachments.
- 1. Navigate to Windows Start Menu > Control Panel.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
2. Click Uninstall a Program or Add/Remove Programs in the Programs section.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following entries:
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
3. Remove Delta Search Browser from Google Chrome
- 1. Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon. Go to Tools → Settings.
2. Click Set pages under the On startup.
Remove Delta-search.com by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.
3. Click Show Home button under Appearance. Then click Change.
Select Use the New Tap page and click OK to save changes.
4. Click Manager search engines button under Search.
Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider.
Select Delta Search from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.
4. Remove Delta-search.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- 1. Click on the Delta Search search icon as shown in the image below and select Manage Search Engines....
2. Choose Delta Search from the list and click Remove to remove it. Click OK to save changes.
3. Go to Tools → Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com, etc.
4. In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
Click I'll be careful, I promise!to continue.
In the search filter at the top, type: delta-search
Now, you should see all the preferences that were changed by Delta Search. Right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. Reset all found preferences!
5. Remove Delta-search.com from Internet Explorer:
- 1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons.
2. Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Live Search search engine and make it your default web search provider (Set as default).
3. Select Delta Search and click Remove to remove it. Close the window.
4. Go to Tools → Internet Options. Select General tab and click Use default button or enter your own website, e.g. google.com instead of http://yhs.delta-search.com. Click OK to save the changes.
See more detailed instructions to stop unwanted redirections, please visit this article: How to Stop Unwanted Redirections
6. Manually Remove Delta Search (Advanced)
Kill Delta Search Process
- 1. Access Window’s Task Manager typing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Code: Select all
2. Find and remove the Delta Search process.
Remove Delta Search Files
- Code: Select all
Repair And Remove Delta Search Registry Entries
- 1. Access Window’s Registry Editor by navigating to the Start Menu and typing regedit into the search bar, followed by pressing Enter.
- Code: Select all
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect" = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegedit" = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegistryTools" = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = 0
2. If you are not experienced with repairing or removing Registry entries, keys, etc, please do not proceed. Search for Delta Search registry entries below and remove them.
Browser Shortcuts (Alternative Suspension Method)
Delta-Search.com may alter browser shortcuts on Windows operating systems. This is a common tactic for similar malware, but has not been a reported symptom of the Delta Search browser hijacker. In some cases removing delta-search.com from the browser shortcut (icon) using the steps below will stop the delta-search.com redirect (suspend redirect).
- 1. Right click on a browser shortcut (icon) and select Properties.
2. On the shortcut tab, delete delta-search.com and click OK. If your shortcut is pinned to the task bar you have to unpin it first, then correct the shortcut in the start menu, and re-pin it to the task bar.
Restart the computer to check if everything turns normal.
Recommended: To ensure your computer perform well after the , you are highly suggested to clean up your computer system using a system booster or cleaner/optimizer, whatever as you may call it, like Cloud System Booster.Click here to safely download Cloud System Booster by Anvisoft to clean and optimize your computer OS and repair registry errors now, A pro version of it may even work better to give you better uncluttered and better performing system.
7. System Restore (optional troubleshoot)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates. This can be used to remove new installments of unwanted software associated with Delta Search. A System Restore is an easy solution to remove parasites from a computer system, as well as change registry settings to normal.
System Restores can be used to remove entire installments of new software without harming your computer, nor deleting any data such as documents and media files (images, videos).
Protect your PC from Delta Search Virus or Similar Attack
Turn on Safe Browser Features:Instructions to Turn on Security Features of IE, Firefox and Google Chrome.
You may interest: PC security tips for free
Good luck and be safe online.