How to Remove search.gboxapp.com (Search GBoxApp GadgetBox Hijacker Removal Guide)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Remove search.gboxapp.com (Search GBoxApp GadgetBox Hijacker Removal Guide)

Postby Sophia » 2012-12-18 2:42

Search.gboxapp.com is overriding your internet browser IE, Firefox or Chrome now? Read more here to get rid of this search GBoxApp hijacker using a detailed removal guide here.

What is Search GBoxApp GadgetBox Hijacker

GadgetBox (search.gboxapp.com, gboxapp.com, Gadget Box ) is referred as a browser hijacker due to its sneaky installation and persistent redirections. Closely functioning as adware and spyware , it is distributed and published as freeware by WEB PICK – INTERNET HOLDINGS LTD. Gadget Box installs directly onto your internet browser and computer. GadgetBox also bundles with other malware applications which can multiply the affects of malformed internet browser settings. A GadgetBox infection installs browser helper objects (managed search provider, toolbar) to infected internet browsers and causes website search and URL input to redirect to http://search.gboxapp.com/. This is why GadgetBox is also referred to as a redirect virus.

Search-GBoxApp-Virus.png

Generally, browser hijackers are very annoying and also risky as it may leave a backdoor for other malware and virus infections. GadgetBox malware is similar to other browser hijackers distributed as freeware such as MP3 Tube Toolbar and Browser Seek Toolbar. These malicious programs are provided for free but bundle with malicious third party applications in which their terms os use state they hold no responsibility for. These infections can be used to track and trace internet user activity or install Trojans, etc.

Gboxapp-GadgetBox.png

GadgetBox can infect computer systems whom do not suspect that GadgetBox is malware because their website and other third party distributors give the option to install the GadgetBox browser helper objects voluntarily. This is because GadgetBox claims their (malware) application allows internet users to add custom gadgets and internet settings, alike most malicious adware applications do, such as Funmoods and Road Runner.

Gadgetbox-Virus-Setup.png

Please keep in mind, GadgetBox is not safe to use and gboxapp.com is a malicious website, and search.gbox.com is not a realistic search engine, nor search engine provider (managed search engine). If you are infected with GadgetBox and your internet search and URL input redirects to search.gboxapp.com remove this malware immediately.

How to Remove GboxApp Malware (search.gboxapp.com Removal Guide)

There are a few steps to safely remove GadgetBox malware from your computer and internet browser. By the way, after uninstall the Gadgetbox and remove the malware, it is also necessary to repair internet browser settings such as default search engine settings and homepage (startup page) settings.

Removal Options
1. Antivirus/Anti-Malware Software – Scan and remove malware.
2. System Restore – (Optional Troubleshoot)
3. Uninstall GadgetBox
4. Repair Browser Settings (including removing add-on/toolbar/extension, search engine and homepage, deleting cache and cookies)

1. Antivirus/Anti-Malware Software

First off, you need to ensure the computer is clean from any related Trojans, malware and other possible infections with a scan of Anti-malware program-Anvi Smart Defender is such a trust-worthy tool. After download, install it to your computer, run a full scan to detect and remove all possible infections there.

Anvi Smart Defender download link: http://download.anvisoft.com/software/asdsetup.exe

Please note, browser settings that changed by Gboxapp are still needed to be repaired manually. Or you can just use a browser repair tool here to get it done in IE. And, to manually fix the issue and completely heal the computer, you need patience to follow all way up below. Good luck.

2. System Restore (Option Troubleshoot)

Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates. A System Restore can be very helpful if you suspect a severe malware infection. They can also be used to remove the unwanted Gadgetbox program from your system. Note, Microsoft creates restore points when once a new program has been introduced to a system.

• Learn more and view complete System Restore instructions

3. Uninstall GadgetBox

First, Uninstall Gadgetbox. There are 2 separate options to uninstall GadgetBox malware from your computer.

Option 1
      1. Navigate to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

2. Right click GadgetBox and click Uninstall/Change.

Uninstall-GadgetBox.png

Option 2
      1. Right click on your desktop
      2. Click on “Gadgets”

Right-Click-Desktop-Gadgets.png

3. Right click on “GadgetBox App”
      4. Click Uninstall

4. Repair Browser Settings -to Stop Unwanted Redirections

Many browser hijacker infections can cause excessive annoying redirections when browsing and the Gboxapp infection is with no exception. Hence, follow below steps to stop unwanted recdirections and related risks causing by Gboxapp.

View more on how to stop unwanted redirections

In IE

To remove search Gboxapp add-ons:
    1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
    2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search Gboxapp Toolbar and additional third party add-ons. Remove Gboxapp and any third party add-ons if located.

To remove search engine of Gboxapp:
    1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
    2. Navigate to the Search Providers list.
    3. Select the search.gboxapp.com search address and click the Remove button.

To repair homepage (remove search.gboxapp.com):
    1. Click Tools and select Internet Options.
    2. On the General tab remove Search.Gboxapp.com and other and other malicious URLs. Click Restore to Default or add your preferred web address as your home page.

To delete your browser data for further healing:
    If you visited search.gboxapp.com and/or suspicious websites during the Gboxapp infection, or clicked promoted third party adware links related to search.gboxapp.com browser hijackers, it is strongly recommended to delete your browser data to protect your privacy. You can delete your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preference or settings.

In Mozilla Firefox

To remove search toolbar, add-ons & extensions:
    1. Click Tools ( which is embodied as the Firefox button just sitting on top left of the Firefox window) and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+Shift+A)
    2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for Gboxapp Toolbar and additional third party add-ons. Remove Gboxapp and any third party add-ons if located.

1. Click the small search arrow or magnify glass near the search bar at the top of the internet browser.
    2. Click the Manage search engines… option.
    3. Select the search.gboxapp.com search address and click remove. If you don’t see the malicious search provider on the list of search engines, it might be set as the default engine or listed under Other search engines.

1. Click Tools ( which is embodied as the Firefox button just sitting on top left of the Firefox window) and select Options.
    2. On the General tab search for and remove search.gboxapp.com and other malicious URLs. Click Restore to Default or add your preferred web address once search.gboxapp.com (etc) is removed.

If you visited search.gboxapp.com and/or suspicious websites during the Gboxapp infection, or clicked promoted third party adware links related to search.gboxapp.com browser hijackers, it is strongly recommended to delete your browser data to protect your privacy. You can delete your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preference or settings.

In Google Chrome

To remove search Gboxapp toolbar, add-ons & extensions:
    1. Click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
    2. Search for Gboxapp Toolbar and additional third party extensions. Remove the Gboxapp extensions (and others) by clicking the trashcan icon adjacent to the add-on/extension/toolbar.

1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (3 bar or wrench icon) and select Settings.
    2. In the Search section click the Manage search engines… button.
    3. Remove the search.gboxapp.com search provider by clicking the X next to it when highlighted.
    If the search.gboxapp.com search provider is set as the default search engine on Google Chrome, add or chose another search engine (such as Google.com) as a default engine by selecting the legitimate search engine and clicking the make default transparent blue box that appears when the selection is highlighted.

1. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (Wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and select Settings.
    2. Under the On startup section click Set pages.
    3. To remove search.gboxapp.com and other malicious URLs that have hijacked Google Chrome’s home page (Start up page), click the X next to search.gboxapp.com when search.gboxapp.com is highlighted by clicking it (shown in the image below). Click OK.Add or keep your preferred home page address such as Google.com.

Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Remove search.gboxapp.com (Search GBoxApp GadgetBox Hijacker Removal Guide)

Postby ajaysinghjk022265 » 2013-02-04 9:47

I`m surprised with you post because i`m using this tool from very long time approximately 4 or 5 months and i did not see any thing like malware or spyware. I download this tool directly from their site ( gboxapp.com ) and i enjoying it very much since i download it. There is many free tools and games in it nothing else.
ajaysinghjk022265

Re: How to Remove search.gboxapp.com (Search GBoxApp GadgetBox Hijacker Removal Guide)

Postby gagansaka95 » 2013-02-20 7:12

There is much bad publicity on toolbars being viruses. So before we proceed in accusing or generalizing these toolbars as viruses, let us first know the difference between a virus, a Trojan virus and a malware.

Malware, or malicious software, is the general term given to describe all viruses, worms, spyware, and generally anything that can cause harm to your computer or steal and modify information.

A virus is a type of malware that copies itself, replicates, and infects your computer. It spreads from one file to another, and then from one computer to another when the files are copied and shared.

A Trojan virus, or a Trojan Horse, appears like a legitimate file that came from a trusted source, tricking the user to download or open the file. It starts to do harm to your computer by messing with your files, such as changing your desktop, or adding icons, and can also delete files.
I don’t think all toolbars are really bad. Some are really useful, but you really have to evaluate first the toolbar that you will install, and if it comes from a source you can trust. Only install the ones that you really need, and just one type of similar applications. Toolbars can also help you in making your browsing experience faster and more convenient because of its features.

One application that I like is the GBoxapp. I like it because it is convenient for me and it simplifies my computer experience by providing all my applications in one box. There are a lot of companies out there, and some even go out of their ways to give bad reputation to their competitors. They even put out these bad publicities all over the internet, so my advice is for you to really evaluate the toolbar you want to install.
gagansaka95

Postby bohor » 2013-03-12 1:43

Like other software un-install precess, the gboxapp does not follow another way. I mean the un-install is same as other software. it is easy to uninstall. to uninstall this toolbar we have to go control panel then click on the program the double click on the gboxapp & click on the uninstall. thats all. search on google. gboxapp.
bohor

Postby Ivy » 2013-03-12 21:43

There is much bad publicity on toolbars being viruses. So before we proceed in accusing or generalizing these toolbars as viruses, let us first know the difference between a virus, a Trojan virus and a malware.

Gboxapp is not a virus, but it can be categorized as adware which may collect computer users' person information such as IP address, search habit, browser information, and operating information. Although adware is not so destructive as virus or malware, it concerns of computer users' privacy.

In most case, adware include built-in uninstaller to allow computers users to uninstall the program. But it not good because it may change the home page and the search engines to promote advertisement. It seems like a browser hijacker because most computer users have no idea how to manually recover the browser homepage and search engines.

At least, computer users should be informed before an application, add-on or toolbar want to install on their computer.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby writerpointonline@gmail.com » 2013-08-20 5:46

After reading this forums post i had to check the gboxapp code and each corner of this gadget , and after checking it with 6 different virus and i check all the open source code of this software i must say that this program is not so bad as you describe here, the gboxapp just trying to check what is the default :geek: homepage of the user and that its , its not collecting data about the user and not change the home page of the user and not hijack nothing,it just a legit program, and even if what you saying in this forum about gbxoapp is true so this guide how to remove the gboxapp isn't good and it will not help the u don't understand wonder what is the main issue in this post...
writerpointonline@gmail.com

Postby imran.nexus7@gmail.com » 2013-08-20 6:32

I am agree with what you said and I checked it also in my computer and its seems pretty clean from hijackers and my browser home page is still the same. Gboxaap is superb i am not facing any problem even it rocks my life...:)
imran.nexus7@gmail.com

Postby brennandaniel » 2013-09-09 1:10

There are many rumours about GBoxApp, I am using GBoxApp from long time and my system and browser running very smoothly. I don't think so it is any kind of malware, adware or virus. According to me, there is nothing good like gboxapp. It is the best application for every geek.
brennandaniel

Postby Ivy » 2013-09-09 2:37

brennandaniel wrote:There are many rumours about GBoxApp, I am using GBoxApp from long time and my system and browser running very smoothly. I don't think so it is any kind of malware, adware or virus. According to me, there is nothing good like gboxapp. It is the best application for every geek.

Hi Brennandaniel,

Thanks a lot for posting your comment here but I can not agree with you. GBoxApp is not malicious related but it may invade your privacy by collecting your personal information for
commercial purpose.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby SudeepFirst Name » 2013-09-22 0:02

Got this article related with gboxapp.Have a look
SudeepFirst Name

Next

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove 90.84.59.147? (Homepage Changed to 90.84.59.147 Problem Fix)Autumn1699
How to Remove Sm23mS Pop-up Ads?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances255
How to Remove Twopular.com?(Homepage Changed to Twopular.com Removal Guide)Autumn908
How to Get Rid of FoxyLyrics Adware? (FoxyLyrics Pop-up Removal Instruction)Ivy671
How to Remove appbario16 Toolbar and search.conduit.com Redirect from IE/FF/Chrome?Ivy4805